Awards Tour 2012: Academy Awards Winners!

Summary

Click through to see the complete list of Oscar winners, updated as the ceremony takes place! Back to Article

Comments

Jason Robinson

Jason Robinson

No Senna for best doc?

Jan 24 - 08:09 PM

Michael S.

Michael Savio

Am I the only one confused about why there are only nine best picture nominees?

Jan 24 - 08:13 PM

Steven Kerry

Steven Kerry

If there was ever a year when the "low brow" movies were better than the artistic, ponderous stuff this was the year. Tree of Life may have been worth sitting through after smoking a certain "plant of life."; The Descendents seemed like Terms of Endearment with pineapples (the kids were great, though); Iron Lady was too long at the tea table, hard to care about a character whose hairdo looks like a helmet; The Help was enjoyable,but this kind of underdog movie has been done over and over since The Color Purple; Extremely Loud and Close? The title alone made me cringe; then I noticed it was yet ANOTHER movie featuring a precocious child, no thanks. Midnight in Paris? Paris should win the Oscar, not the picture. The Artist? I don't know if I can take that much mugging, but I'll check it out. Guess I preferred batty bridesmaids and pissed off apes this year.

Jan 24 - 08:18 PM

Justen Noll

Justen Noll

The forgotten: Tin Tin, Drive, Shame, 50/50, DiCaprio, Spielberg, Fincher

Jan 24 - 08:24 PM

Myron

Myron Kinsey

Also Martha Mary May Marlene, Tilda Swinton, Kristen Dunst, the list goes on...

Jan 25 - 02:16 PM

Justen Noll

Justen Noll

No body even said a peel about Gordon-Levitt and 50/50! Great performance and movie

Jan 24 - 08:27 PM

Kerry Ward

Kerry Ward

Seriously. I thought 50/50 was the best film of 2011. It was snubbed all-around. It's more deserving of a Best Picture nomination than Extremely Loud. It should've also been nominated for Best Original Screenplay. JGL should have been nominated for best actor for sure. It's definitely the Most Snubbed Movie of 2011.

Jan 25 - 10:58 AM

sunBAKED

J Margo

MOTHER FUCKING INCREDIBLY CLOSE GOT A BEST PICTURE NOW?!?!?!?!?!?! ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!!! I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO FUCKING ANGRY WITH THE ACADEMY BEFORE. Like holy crap, that movie got the nomination over fucking Harry Potter and Drive?!?! Holy crap that is absolute garbage.

Jan 24 - 08:29 PM

sunBAKED

J Margo

I can't even fathom how Extremely Loud and Incredibly CLose got nominated? It was a garbage movie. Not to mention that Drive and Harry Potter got snubbed for it. And where the hell are the 50/50 nominations?! Joesph Gordan Levitt got snubbed. Complete and utter trash though with Incredibly close getting a nomination for best picture. That angers me so much. Like pardon my french but FUCK THE ACADEMY

Jan 24 - 08:34 PM

Jordan Vo

Jordan Vo

Drive didn't get best score!!? This list is missing albert brooks, fassbender, swinton, melancholia, pitt for tree of life, and why the hell is extremely loud and incredibly close nominated? That was not a good movie. Was it because of 9/11 topic matter. Shame on the academy.

Jan 24 - 08:40 PM

Andrea Ryan

Andrea Ryan

thank you Sunbaked my feelings exactly!

Jan 28 - 07:58 AM

Adam Lesar

Adam Lesar

Extremely Loud is a good movie. It's really good. I agree Drive should be nominated and its too bad it wasn't. I could have done without Warhorse or without The Help before taking out Extremely Loud. It was critically bashed because critics felt it was manipulative. Of course it was, it's a movie. Warhorse was good at the end but really slow and boring for the first 40 or so minutes. The Help was fantastic when it was about the Maids but the white characters' stories were not well told.

Jan 28 - 02:42 PM

Kenneth Tyler Landrum

Kenneth Tyler Landrum

yeah i think we got douchebags running the academy

Jan 25 - 05:08 AM

Morgan Hahn

Morgan Hahn

The oscars are a joke now. Dragon Tattoo doesn't get a best score nom? Extremely Loud for best picture? Melissa Mcarthy for best supporting actress? No Andy Serkis? It's disgusting how 100% political the whole thing is.

Feb 11 - 06:24 PM

Lucas Dias Rodrigues Dos Santos

Lucas Dias Rodrigues Dos Santos

Oh come ON! Stop complaining! You're driving me sick! I deeply missed "Drive," "50/50" and "Dragon Tattoo," but honestly guys, THE ARTIST WON 4 OSCARS! And the American Jews chose an IRANIAN movie for best foreign language despite the tension between Iran, and the US and Israel!!) Damn it! I think every negative element of this year's Oscars were fully compensated (except for the Descendants. Absolutely void, boring and stereotypical. DRAGON TATTOO deserved best adapted screenplay. Anyone who's read the book and seen the film understands why).

Feb 27 - 11:56 AM

Preston S.

Preston Sharpe

This is why I hate these junky Awards.... some questionable picks. Big blockbusters like 'The Dark Knight' and "Harry Potter' are always glanced over because they aren't seen as art, but junk like that critically-bashed 9/11 movie can get nominated. That's why I don't watch this trash.

Jan 25 - 09:57 AM

Claire Haffner

Claire Haffner

good call sir

Jan 27 - 06:19 PM

Tyler Wiest

Tyler Wiest

I'm sorry I refuse to give an award for best picture on the 8th incarnation of a book. Also by that logic, The Lord of the Rings and Titanic would not have won, and Avatar would have never been nominated.

Feb 27 - 11:14 AM

Stephen Castro

Stephen Castro

The more nominees they have, the more ridiculous the list is for Best Picture. A couple of the past Harry Potter films deserved to be on the list, but not the last one by any means. It was the worst of the series in my opinion.
I also don't understand the fuss over The Help. It was an expected movie...predictable, typical...nothing special. Same for Moneyball.

Feb 28 - 03:27 AM

Josh Mallalieu

Josh Mallalieu

Yeah, I mean I can pretty much name a dozen films off the top of my head that would be better than extremely loud, eg. Shame, Dangerous Method, We Need to Talk about Kevin, Melancholia, Dragon Tattoo...Hell even Captain America would have been a better choice!

Jan 26 - 06:49 AM

ColeYote

Colin T. Coyote

The Oscars deserve a Razzie for that. I mean, best picture?! It's not even a good picture!

Jan 26 - 05:10 PM

Dina Healy

Dina Healy

Yeah, how much did the producers of Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close have to give to bribe the Academy for that nomination?

Jan 28 - 11:51 AM

Jordan Vo

Jordan Vo

Drive didn't get best score!!? This list is missing albert brooks, Fassbender, Swinton, melancholia, pitt for tree of life, and why the hell is extremely loud and incredibly close nominated? That was not a good movie. Was it because of 9/11 topic matter. Shame on the academy.

Jan 24 - 08:38 PM

Jordan Vo

Jordan Vo

agreed

Jan 24 - 08:39 PM

Doc

Diego Tribdino

Double agreed. If they were going to put a surprise entry, they should've put something worth the suspense. Drive. Bridesmaids. Dragon Tattoo. (Personally) Rango.

Jan 25 - 03:30 AM

Jordan Vo

Jordan Vo

Jan 24 - 08:40 PM

Andrea Ryan

Andrea Ryan

thank you Sunbaked my feelings exactly!

Jan 28 - 07:58 AM

Adam Lesar

Adam Lesar

Jan 28 - 02:42 PM

Noah Simon

Noah Simon

oh please that movie was poorly acted and flat
completely overrated

Jan 24 - 08:40 PM

Johnny Lau

Johnny Lau

So sorry. I was very enjoyable to watch "Midnight in Paris". The story is very interesting and the images of Paris are beautiful. Woody Allen is really a poet of films. Although the acting is not brilliant or catchy, I don't think it is supposed to be described as poor.

Jan 30 - 09:53 PM

Noah Simon

Noah Simon

hahahahaha lol TOTALLY
in my opinion it wasn't as good as it was made out to be

Jan 24 - 08:41 PM

John Marshall

John Marshall

50/50 should have gotten a Best Picture nom instead of Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close. The Academy must be suckers for solemnity over emotion.

In my wildest dreams, I hope Midnight in Paris walks with the Best Picture, but it'll probably go to The Artist. Also, seeing "Man or Muppet" being nominated as a Best Song was, while not necessarily surprising since it was a pretty good song (albeit a bit silly), it was pretty unexpected.

Jan 24 - 08:45 PM

Anthony D'Elia

Anthony D'Elia

Midnight In Paris and Hugo were, in my opinion, the best films of 2011.

Honestly, Extremely Loud is so offensively pretentious, so blatantly emotionally manipulative, that I seriously am taken aback by the Academy's decision to vote it in the Best Picture field. As for Von Sydow edging Albert Brooks out of the Supporting Actor Race? While absolutely ludicrous, it does not change the fact that Plummer has had the award locked up for months.

Dragon Tattoo was superb, I might actually be the only one who thinks Fincher's version was better than the original Swedish version, but it really was for me so that is probably my biggest snub in the Best Picture race. Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy was another one though, such a great film.

Hopefully Scorsese can pull the same upset over Harvey Weinste- um I mean Michel Hazanavicius at the Oscars that he did at the Golden Globes. The Artist, while good, does not deserve the Best Picture crown. The gimmick of "Oh wow they really made a silent, black and white film in 2011" should not be enough to carry the film to the podium next month. Unfortunately, if the Producers' Guild Awards are any indication (and they usually are), that will be the case on Oscar night. A guy can dream though.

Jan 24 - 08:51 PM

Colby H.

Colby Hayes

Brad Pitt should have been nominated for Tree of Life and won best actor hands down. I haven't seen extremely loud and incredibly close but it got 48% on tomato-meter whereas Deathly Hallows got like 96%. And I'm not sure about Jonah Hill getting the nod over Alan Rickman as Snape. Come on. And Drive is one of the best noir thrillers of our time and got the snub. THIS IS ALL BULLSHIT.

Jan 24 - 08:59 PM

Zachary H.

Reservoir Man

Where's 50/50 and Andy Serkis?

Jan 24 - 09:26 PM

Nicholas Arend

Nicholas Arend

And the Madonna and Elton John Feud was over nothing since neither one got nominated.

Jan 24 - 09:28 PM

Dane H.

Dane Harvey

It's about time the Oscars recognized Gary Oldman. Although I am a bit surprised they chose him over Fassbender from Shame.
Also, where's Brooks and Serkis? And how is Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close on Best Picture but Shame, Drive, and Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy are not?

Jan 24 - 09:33 PM

Nanmaran Anbupalam

Nanmaran Anbupalam

fassbender for shame????????? and wtf for extremely??.

Jan 24 - 09:38 PM

Nicholas Arend

Nicholas Arend

Andy Serkis should've got a nomination. The Academy should go back to the whole five films for Best Picture. In my opinion, there is not a clear concise winner that's why most election days have usually two major party candidates and independents. Harry Potter Part 2 should've received Best Picture nomination. Can someone tell me why The Artist's up for Best Original Screen Play?

Jan 24 - 09:40 PM

DBrock

David E-Brock

beacause it had a screenplay...and the academy felt it was one of the best of the year.

Jan 25 - 10:09 AM

Cosplay Gallery
Cosplay Gallery

See over 250 Comic-Con Costumes!

<em>Let's Be Cops</em>
Let's Be Cops

Video: Riggle, Key, and Wayans Jr.

Box Office