Awards Tour 2012: Academy Awards Winners!

Summary

Click through to see the complete list of Oscar winners, updated as the ceremony takes place! Back to Article

Comments

Maria Paone Vogt

Maria Paone Vogt

What about Melancholia and Martha Marcy Mae Marlene?? Also, I think Bridesmaids should have gotten more attention. Every year they leave something out I loved!

Jan 24 - 07:46 AM

Drew P.

Drew Perkins

CHICO AND RITA!! NICE!!

Jan 24 - 07:48 AM

Timothy Kerridge

Timothy Kerridge

plus contagion got alltogether abandonned

Jan 24 - 07:49 AM

Sean VanDenburgh

Sean VanDenburgh

Also add in snubs for Melancholia and Martha Marcy May Marlene

Jan 24 - 07:50 AM

Rich M.

Rich M.

I'm glad to see The Tree of Life receiving some nominations; I didn't think it would receive any for a while. At the very least, it better win Best Cinematography. I haven't seen a more gorgeously shot film in a long, long time.

Jan 24 - 07:52 AM

X

david r.

Rooney took swinton's place, but it's ok, they're both great.
But why the fuck is fassbender not in the list?, good for oldman, but come on! at least he might get the bafta.
And where is albert brooks?, he was the runner-up, obviosly plummer will win, and where is viggo mortensen?
Fincher deserved a nod for best director, I only watched 35 minutes of the tree of life, I swear I couldn't resist it any longer!

Jan 24 - 07:53 AM

Billy Rutledge

Billy Rutledge

I laughed for joy seeing "Man or Muppet" get nominated. I pray it wins!

BTW, I'm a Muppet of a man. Wocka, wocka!

Rango for best animated pic, hands down. And I need to go see Hugo now lol.

Jan 24 - 07:54 AM

Doc

Diego Tribdino

Rango. Yes, yes.

Jan 25 - 04:10 AM

Kevin Smith

Kevin Smith

Take shelter?

Jan 24 - 08:00 AM

Brad H.

Brad Hadfield

Why the Drive poster on the right when it is absent from the nominee lists other than sound achievement? Are you that butt hurt about its absense that you obstinately put its image on the page when it clearly should've gone to Hugo or The Artist, the films with the most noms?

Jan 24 - 08:09 AM

Roger Willey

Roger Willey

Seriously? One award for Drive? And nothing for Fassbender?

Jan 24 - 08:10 AM

David Dominguez

David Dominguez

How can Drive, Shame, and 50/50 get snubbed for best picture!? Also how can Transformers have more nominations than all these films put together!!!!!!!!!! I know its only visual crap that Transformers was nominated for but still its a damn shame that the piece of crap that Transformers is gets more than some other great films!!!

Jan 24 - 08:11 AM

Tedd Pfeifer

Tedd Pfeifer

What the hell is Extremely Loud and blah blah whatever doing on that list? Not even a fresh tomatometer, not to mention that no one has even seen it. Hanks and Bullock must have paid someone a lot of money for that

Also, where is Albert Brooks? Andy Serkis? 50/50 for best original screenplay? Spielberg for War Horse? Fassbender for Shame? Super 8 for sound mixing and editing?

Jan 24 - 08:16 AM

dj Mark

Mark Marquis

A couple of years ago "Nine" received 4 Oscar nominations and that movie currently sits at 30-Something Percent. It should be evident by now that Academy members aren't choosing nominations based on buzz or quality (or God Forbid, merit) but politics. Hell, they rarely even see the films they vote for.

Jan 24 - 04:47 PM

Bertram Krogh

Bertram Krogh

So glad to see The Help get attention :) Had the best female cast of the year. At least Viola Davis or Octavia Spencer should win.
I kind of miss films like Warrior, 50/50, Shame, Take Shelter, Drive and We Need To Talk About Kevin. Really wanted Alan Rickman to get a nomination and Joseph Gordon-Levitt to get one.

The Help or Hugo for Best Picture.
Martin Scorsese for best Director.
Brad Pitt for Best Actor.
Viola Davis for Best Actress.
Nick Nolte for Best Supporting Actor.
Octavia Spencer for Best Supporting Actress.
Hugo or Moneyball for Best Adapted Screenplay.
Rango for Best Animated Feature.
Hugo for Best original Score.
Man or Muppet for Best Original Song.
Drive for Best Sound Editing.
Hugo for Best Sound Mixing.
Hugo for Best Art Direction.
War Horse for Best Cinematography.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2 for Best Makeup.
The Descendants for best Film Editing.
Rise of the Planet of the Apes for Best Visual Effects.

Jan 24 - 08:16 AM

Johnny Lau

Johnny Lau

So sorry I think "The Tree of Life" will at least win Best Cinematography instead of "War Horse". In my opinion, Best Picture will go to "The Artist" or "The Descendants", although I always want "The Tree of Life" to win this.

Jan 24 - 08:38 AM

Max Trimm

Max Trimm

is this a joke... Drive not even nominated?

Jan 24 - 08:17 AM

detroit666

Dawn HAvard

I loved Puss in Boots. It's the only one I'm rooting for.

Jan 24 - 08:20 AM

Christopher256G

Christopher Greffin

It looks like another case of the Academy falling for sentimental trash with the Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close nomination. Drive, A Seperation, 50/50, Bridesmaids, Harry Potter, so many better potential nominees. What was the last BP nominee to be under 50%? I think even that pretentious The Reader was a little bit above that mark.

Jan 24 - 08:21 AM

Weekly Binge
Weekly Binge

Watch Arrested Development

SpongeBob's Back!
SpongeBob's Back!

See trailer for his 3D adventure

Photo gallery of great movie spaceships