63% The Maze Runner Sep 19

100% New Girl: Season 4
83% Sons of Anarchy: Season 7

The Babymakers Reviews

July 31, 2014
So yeah, The Babymakers pretty much sucked. The plot had potential but was poorly executed, the acting was terrible, and the camerawork was crap. The only thing even remotely decent about this film is that Olivia Munn is in it and her insane levels of hotness don't make the movie worth watching. There are also a few funny parts scattered about but not enough to consistently deliver laughs.
June 13, 2014
For being a comedy.. it isn't very funny..
September 21, 2012
I love Broken Lizard and I love Jay's directing skills. Nothing like watching all the Lizards together, but still funny.
March 10, 2012
Broken Lizard is broken. Skip this one. The plot is contrived and struggles to get from one dick joke to the next.
December 30, 2013
Not the worst comedy out there, but it doesn't offer much in laughs or story.
November 6, 2013
Wow, the professional reviews of this movie are absolutely brutal. About as brutal as anything I've ever seen (I think Movie 43 or whatever it was had worse reviews). It's the Super Trooper guys...Broken Lizard. And Super Troopers was funny maybe the first few times I watched it, then got old. The rest of their movies have been terrible. This, I thought, was slightly comical, but lame in many regards.

Schneider is typically not a bad actor. He's terrifically awkward and plays that same guy in all his movies. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. Munn...total smokeshow but she can't act. She's distracting in both ways. One, I don't care that she can't act, but two, every scene that relies on her is weak. Finally, the Broken Lizard guys are not that good. Farva will forever be Farva. I guess they're an American comedy troupe. I guess...

I suppose not the worst premise: couple trying to get pregnant, he finds out he is infertile, he tries to recover a donation he made years ago at a sperm bank. That's as realistic as it gets. So many times, the story is furthered by something ridiculous. I have little patience for that more than once in a movie, but then again, one just never know what Ms. Munn would be wearing in the next scene. That and I did laugh a few times. But I totally see where all the hate is coming from.
September 26, 2013
An interesting heist; very funny!
September 23, 2013
despite Mark from Parks and Rec and Sloan from Newsroom starring in this, it was rather painful watching.
August 30, 2013
very blah but decent enough cannon fodder of a film, some bits are funny though not a total waste of my time!
Cynthia S

August 16, 2013
I did NOT have high hopes for this, but it turned out that I enjoyed it. Not the best movie around, but it definitely produced more than a few laugh-out-loud chuckles from me...
July 11, 2013
The comedy "The Babymakers" did not inseminate me with a sheer comedic orgasmic sensation, but it did have its feel good moments. The movie was directed by Jay Chandrasekhar, who also helmed the 2011 cult hit "Super Troopers". And undoubtedly, he needed some super troopers for "The Babymakers" ride as the film did include some extreme gross out moments. The movie stars Paul Schneider as Tommy Macklin, a suburban professional who is married to the beautiful Audrey, portrayed by the beautiful Olivia Munn. After three years of marriage, Tommy & Audrey decide to plan out a conceived plan of having a baby; however, after 9 months of constant sex, not an embryo in sight. Tommy & Audrey decide to visit a fertility clinic to alleviate Tommy's shooting blanks situation; when its discovered that Tommy has a low sperm count, Tommy goes to all ends (not literally of course) to sperm it out, including planning a heist to a sperm clinic to seize his donated sperm of a few years back. Chandrasekhar's concept of the narrative was enticing and had a few comedic risers throughout the film, but when he incorporated too many silly slapstick scenes it caused it to lose its potency and authenticity. The climax of the movie was not too enthralling either. The supporting players in "The Babymakers" included Tommy's crazy friends; Kevin Hefferman played Tommy's chubby obnoxious pal Wade, and another Tommy peep was the stoned-out Zig-Zag played by Nat Faxon. Chandrasekhar himself has a supporting role in the movie portraying the "over the top" Indian theft-orchestrator for-hire Ron Jon. Peter Gaulke & Gerry Swallow's screenplay of the movie was tough to swallow at times, but then again it did have its good vibrations when it tried not to be so exposing; but then again, it did come from the screenwriter team of "Peter Swallow". Moving right along! The acting of the picture really did not give birth to any performances to laud about, but it did carry on in a mediocre fashion. Sure, somebody should have babysitted "The Babymakers" more to make it a better film, but it is marginally worthy enough for you and your baby to check out; especially if you are into semen, I mean seeing men look silly on film.
*** Average
July 9, 2013
I actually found this movie funny and enjoyable, but I am a fan of these types of movies. It's not for everyone but it's a good laugh.
June 24, 2013
Een flauwe komedie die het helaas moet hebben van de standaard pis en poep humor inplaatst van slimme grappen die verwerkt zouden konden worden in de dialogen. Om dit samen te kunnen mixen met een bankoverval was nog de grootste fout van de film. Ik wilde deze misplaatste komedie snel doen vergeten !
June 8, 2013
This little comedy got some really bad reviews, but I honestly didn't think it that bad of a film and I kind of enjoyed it. This is kind of a Broken Lizard film as it stars 2 of them and is directed by one of those two guys as well and has some of the actors from their other films; that being said it can't be considered a full Broken Lizard film as it's missing 3 of them and is written by any of them. The cast does an ok job and I do like the two leads (I always forget Paul Schneider used to be on Parks and Rec too). Overall not a terrible comedy, but not that great of a film as many gags fell flat and/or were predictable.
July 16, 2012
The best part of this movie was Olivia Munn, just because she is worth staring at for an hour and a half. It had it's funny moments, but it also lasted a little longer than needed. Starts off really slow but if you tough it out, it gets better as the movie progresses.
May 18, 2013
Les tÚtards ne bougent plus, on braque la banque de sperme... Mouaif...
May 1, 2013
Jay Chandrasekhar and Kevin Heffernan are too funny to be making garbage like this. Broken Lizard has consistently misfired since Beerfest.
January 14, 2013
Not the funnest comedy type movies out there but it has its laughs and it turns out to be a fairly funny movie.
April 12, 2013
The trailer was funny. The movie, for the most part, wasn't. Too bad, the plot and even the script had potential.
March 30, 2013
Great story idea and could have made for a hysterical movie but it was wasted on this flat movie.