The Ballad of Genesis and Lady Jaye - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Ballad of Genesis and Lady Jaye Reviews

March 15, 2012
I admit that in part, my lower rating is attributable to the fact that I don't know really what the two ladies were out to express. The documentary flounders by not rooting us in the cultural reaction to their work and takes up far too much time showing footage of them goofing around for the sake of expression.
December 13, 2015
About half of this film is "arty" montages and I kind of felt about it the way I feel about Genesis P-Orridge music, interesting but kind of amateurish and studenty
December 17, 2012
Especially interesting for Throbbing Gristle and industrial music fans but also a moving love story
November 16, 2012
Great documentary. I didn't know that Genesis P-Orridge was the father of Industrial music.
March 15, 2012
June 3, 2012
I'm not sure about the documentary itself, but this story touched me forever.
April 22, 2012
It's amazing check it out
March 31, 2012
Amazing sweet and sincere
March 25, 2012
The bad reviews seem to be a result of people going into this film with certain expectations of what the story should be without just letting the story just be. The philosophy behind the editing/storytelling is pretty radical: embracing the documentary format as just that, a document, a cipher and incomplete. A story has to be invented to fill the void.
½ February 12, 2012
Eh, saw this film last year at the Ann Arbor Film Festival and it was really painful to endure. It was about two people who fell madly in love with each other and the story would have been more complex and fascinating in better hands, but the material is left far too worshipful and a lot of stuff is just shoved to the background for stylistic purposes.
½ October 30, 2011
Un super docu sur la musique industrielle, la pandrogynie et avec des bouts de William Burroughs dedans.