The Bat People (1974)

TOMATOMETER

No critic reviews yet...

No critic reviews yet...

AUDIENCE SCORE

Critic Consensus: No consensus yet.

Movie Info

A young scientist's frolicsome honeymoon ends when he's bitten by a bat when out on a cave-walk and he starts craving night flights with occasional blood-sucking serenades. This does not help the new marriage any but provides a fairly proficient vehicle for some pretty good special effects.

Rating: PG

as Girl in Car

as Attacked Nurse
Show More Cast

Friend Ratings

No Friends? Inconceivable! Log in to see what your friends have to say.

Critic Reviews for The Bat People

There are no critic reviews yet for The Bat People. Keep checking Rotten Tomatoes for updates!

Audience Reviews for The Bat People

This is an okay monster/scientist movie, it's actually pretty good most of the time, and I liked the end, but it could have done a lot more with the story than it did, and it could have have better actors and script. Overall, it's pretty good, though.

ajv2688
AJ Verser

I expected this movie to be in Black & White with a title like that. But to my disappointment it was not. Can't give this one more then 2 Stars. I guess this was made for the Drive-In or maybe TV. My Copy came in a MGM Midnite Movie Double Feature. Starts of with Dr John beck and his Wife Cathy Exploring the Caverns of New Mexico in the desert, Well the honeymoon has just begun and Cathy gets a case of the horny?s and wants to go do the wild thing off away from the group tour, wham she slips down a shaft and rather then hubby standing at the top of the shaft and maybe get a rope, he joins her, then he is bitten by a bat and his nightmares begin. He runs around in his pajamas killing women as he turns into a Batman (Not the Bruce Wayne Type). He smashes up a beautiful Cadillac Ambulance. It takes a hour and 20 minutes to see what he look like when he changes. The top 3 actors went on to play many TV Series. Dr John Beck Played by Stewart Moss played in Baa Baa Black Sheep, Six Million Dollar man, Barnaby Jones, And Arcie Bunkers Place. Cathy Beck was played by Marrianne McAndrew who went on to play Quincy ME, Murder She Wrote, and Cannon,. And the all knowing sheriff who knew the bad guy from the start, played by Michael Pataki played in Rocky IV, Air wolf, and Star Trek, All 3 actors played in a lot more just wanted to give you an idea of there talent, but this movie didn?t take much. The sheriff ran around with a cigarette holder in his mouth most of the movie, guess that was cool in 74. I?d pass this one up if you have anything better to do, like wash the dishes.

bbcfloridabound
Bruce Bruce

Another total bomb. It's slow, the script is dull, and the creature that the doctor turns into is ridiculous. Having a big beard does not make you into a bat-creature!
It's sort of like a werewolf film but with bats instead of lycanthropes. That's about as close to a plot as it gets and the characterisation is pretty much non-existent too. It isn't gory, sexy or horrific in any way.

drblood
Dr Blood

The Bat People Quotes

There are no approved quotes yet for this movie.

Discussion Forum

Discuss The Bat People on our Movie forum!