The Big Year - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Big Year Reviews

January 4, 2016
Likable comedy with the lead trio each having their moments.
September 12, 2014
Ploddable entertainment.
December 22, 2015
49/100 - The Big Year is a comedy that doesn't make me laugh enough. The chemistry between the three leads is solid, but on the whole this is a film that relies too much on emotional sentiment and not enough on making the audience have a good time. It's not a complete waste of time, though, as there are some funny and ironic situations that the three birders have to work their way out of. However, besides those few scenes, The Big Year generally falls flat.
November 12, 2015
Any movie with Owen Wilson is good.
½ October 22, 2015
It's not really funny, And it's mostly boring....But a good enough plot with good casting makes for an exceptional 3 stars.
October 10, 2011
De buena factura y con buenas intenciones, entretiene.
March 16, 2015
Full disclosure, I am a birder. I enjoyed it and would give it a passing grade.
½ August 28, 2015
A very interesting and comedy movie on birding. Loved the multiple aspects on life stories of three main characters of the movie. And its a light hearted modified, adaptation of a true story.
August 27, 2015
At first you would think this has to be boring, but I absolutely loved it! It had some of my favorite actors in it. It had a good idea, good warming moments. The only thing I didn't like in this movie was Owen Wilsons character, could he really do that to his wife? wow.
½ September 5, 2012
One of my favorites!
June 9, 2015
While it is enjoyable, it doesn't appear to even try to be funny.
June 4, 2015
Some cheap principles selling in this not so interesting film.
½ October 15, 2011
Lighthearted comedy about fanatical birders, but ultimately about how competition for competition's sake means losing out on what's really important in life.
December 21, 2014
The movie is not super hilarious, just pleasantly fun all along. At first, it seems contrived to follow the three heroes somewhat excited and competing for something that should not, but after some time, we start to believe in the possibility. Past that point, we feel more a love than a desire for hilarity. It is a nice cuddly movie that made me feel thhere is hope for the human race. Unfortunately, the reality and global warming will probably eliminate many of these so extraordinairy flying animals.
March 11, 2012
The film demonstrates the importance in life than birding, and it also shows wondrous sights of the country and the birds too. (B+)

(Full review coming soon)
½ September 19, 2014
I don't really care to much for Jack Black or Owen Willson, but I was really surprised at how much I liked them in this movie
September 1, 2014
Good movie with some great cinematography, which raised it from a 3-star to a 4-star rating.
August 21, 2014
Three disparate men, each facing unique personal challenges, try to outdo each other in the ultimate bird-watching competition in 1998 -- the year El Nino brought an unprecedented number of species to North America. Their quest takes them on an unforgettable trek throughout North America.
August 17, 2014
Loved the movie. Set aside what you think about birds and these actors and just enjoy the movie. Also, reading the book helps a lot too. I'm looking forward to watching it again!
August 11, 2014
It's not the best comedy out there, but kinda heartwarming. I never knew bird watching would be taken so seriously. I admire everyone with passion for whatever they do.