Emma Watson Finds a New Fantasy Franchise

Summary

"The Queen of the Tearling" is being compared to "Game of Thrones." Back to Article

Comments

Valmordas

Val Mordas

Trust me this crap is no Game of Thrones. Unless you mean the Porcelain Throne.

Jun 14 - 08:32 PM

Doha Youssef

Doha Youssef

You can't judge the book, without having read it! Call it crap once you read it, not before you do!

Jun 15 - 06:08 AM

Val Mordas

You haven't read it other and the odd are on my side that it sucks!

Jun 15 - 08:13 PM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

You could say that about any franchise though. Should they stop making Sci Fi, because odds are whatever they come up with won't be better than Star Wars. Fantasy because of Lord of the Rings? Romance because of Casablanca? Action because of Die Hard?

Jun 15 - 09:53 PM

Val Mordas

Being compared to something else isn't a good thing. Don't stop doing it, just try to be original. Plus, cmon Emma Watson, really? Is this gonna be GoT for teenage girls, fucking makes me wanna puke.

Jun 16 - 07:19 AM

Val Mordas

"A female-oriented Game of Thrones that is also an insightful human story whose heroine is grappling with both the daily realities of coming-of-age and the ethical dilemmas of ruling justly?all while simply trying to stay alive."

DOGSHIT.

Jun 16 - 09:19 PM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

When did Emma Watson become Miley Cyrus? I thought she became the best actor out of the Harry Potter three and she's made some pretty good choices since leaving the franchise. Unless you just don't like anything with women in it, which is an entirely different and much more disturbing idea. I've seen enough movie's that sounded stupid in premise turn out really good to discount it out of hand. Going off premise I never would have seen The Big Lebowski, V for Vendetta or Cool Hand Luke. Certain movies can transcend their seemingly lackluster concepts.

Jun 16 - 09:32 PM

King  S.

King Simba

I think the problem is that as soon as someone hears the phrase "an adaptation of a fantasy/sci-fi series centered on a teenage girl" they immediately think of Twilight, which I think is a shame as there are a lot of good teen-centered fantasy/sci-fi books out there (it's just like all the hate that was directed at Hunger Games even before it was released simply because so many thought it would be another Twilight).

But yeah, all of Emma Watson's post-Potter choices have been pretty smart and I don't get what's so terrible about the premises either. Coming of age? How many Miyazaki films are centered around that theme and yet they've all been great?

Jun 17 - 02:55 AM

Val Mordas

One word. Eragon. Also, while you might have liked the Hunger Games, I couldn't stomach it. I can't watch these films because they turn Fantasy into cheesy teeny-bopper puke, and some of us like real fantasy, with a darker spin to it. Hell, even Peter Jackson's Rings/Hobbit films which are good movies are a bit sugarcoated for my tastes.

Jun 17 - 07:08 AM

Doha Youssef

Doha Youssef

Jun 15 - 06:08 AM

Val Mordas

You haven't read it other and the odd are on my side that it sucks!

Jun 15 - 08:13 PM

Jun 16 - 09:32 PM

King  S.

King Simba

Jun 17 - 02:55 AM

Jun 17 - 07:08 AM

Val Mordas

You haven't read it other and the odd are on my side that it sucks!

Jun 15 - 08:13 PM

Nine Movies That Bring the Funk

Weekly Binge
Weekly Binge

Watch Arrested Development

Cosplay Gallery
Cosplay Gallery

See over 350 Comic-Con Costumes!

Photo gallery of great movie spaceships