Critic Review - Sci-Fi Movie Page

Not a movie for atheists. Richard Dawkins would probably insist on a refund!

February 16, 2010 Full Review Source: Sci-Fi Movie Page | Comments (10)
Sci-Fi Movie Page

Comments

Vince V.

Vince Vega

Why would it not be a book for atheists? The only divine symbolism is the twist ending, but other than that there is nothing emphasizing that God exists. Rather the movie tries to show the impact and importance of religion as a whole on the human race. I was an atheist, now agnostic, but I see the movie as an interesting story, which makes one think if religion is vital to civilization or not.

Feb 17 - 02:07 PM

Kool Kat

Mike West

Vince V.

No divine symbolism? Eli single-handedly defeats multiple enemies at a time... escapes from a locked and barred room... has multiple bullets strike him to no effect... takes a bullet in the stomach and lives for months after that incident... memorized and recites the ENTIRE King James Version of the Bible from memory... and you see NO divine symbolism? But I do agree that "religion" is not essential to civilization... but a "relationship" with Jesus Christ is.

Aug 2 - 09:34 AM

Vince V.

Vince Vega

Wow, sorry for typing book, the title and Richard Dawkins had me subconsciously type book instead of movie.

Feb 17 - 02:10 PM

Brittany W.

Brittany Williams

Disagree. I'm an atheist and I absolutely loved this movie. Please, get educated before posting you stupidity for everyone on the internet to see.

Mar 11 - 06:11 AM

Mosrite

Glenn Forsyth

I am a non believer and still enjoyed the movie, i can suspend belief when i go to the movies. It goes both ways, i still have no belief in an all knowing, all wise, invisble man living in the sky looking out for every single human being on earth every minute of the day. All 6.5 billion of us!

Apr 15 - 06:22 PM

Harley J.

Harley Jaye

I am agnostic and even if I was athiest I don't see how atheists would have a problem with a work of fiction that just so happens to reference God (whom, many atheists also view as a work of fiction.) While it is true that many people who believe in God seem to take offense at the slightest reference to his non existance that is not true for most athiests. Just because you don't believe a story is true does not mean you can't enjoy it for what it is, a story.
My best friend is atheist. She not only read the bible but enjoyed it. She simply looks at it as a work of fiction like Lord of the Rings or Alice in Wonderland.

Apr 17 - 12:37 PM

Caleb D.

Caleb Durward

Harley: I would posit that the Bible is incomparable to either of those texts. Both Alice in Wonderland and The Lord of the Rings are fantastically written.

Too many cooks spoil the soup.

Apr 23 - 03:01 AM

Micheal R.

Micheal Randall

I don't mind movies that reference a God. But a movie that promotes religion as a vital note for civilization?

Check please.

May 2 - 02:23 PM

JoeMustChangeName

Joe MustChangenName

So, so, true dude. Denzel is a great actor but the movie was just so long winded. Boring is a word that comes to mind.

May 3 - 07:22 AM

davedexterz

Dave Dexterz

I dont find it boring tho.

Jun 6 - 04:34 PM