The Bourne Legacy Reviews

½ May 2, 2015
The Bourne Legacy is a mediocre attempt at rebooting the franchise. It takes place during and after the events of Ultimatum for no reason other than to shoehorn in references to the original trilogy. Jeremy Renner is great as the lead, he does good stunt work and gives a believable performance. The rest of the cast such as Rachael Weisz and Edward are very good but underutilized. There is so little action in this installment of an ACTION movie series. That could be made up for if the story and dialogue were great, but they're not. The story feels too complicated for its own good, and I found the subplot with the medications and science to be quite hard to follow. The action sequences that are present are very good, but they're so short lived. It doesn't feel like a Bourne film because it really isn't. This movie is just a cash grab that doesn't really know what it wants to be, there are some nice action sequences, some intense moments, good acting, and its well edited and shot. But the story and characters are pretty dull, making for a pretty forgettable movie. The Bourne Legacy gets 2.5/5 stars (C).
May 3, 2015
Why are there so many action films that don't do anything new? It was good...but nothing we haven't seen before.
April 26, 2015
4/20/15 Just ok. I forgot to write the review last week, so now I don't remember much about it.
½ December 13, 2012
wel crafted spy movie that is a 'prequel' of sorts as this pic takes place between the first & second 'bourne' movies.
June 17, 2013
More talk, less action. Using Philippines as their last action sequence to promote their sequel, still damn useless.
½ December 14, 2012
This Bourne spin-off (?) doesn“t even play in the same league as the original movies I“m afraid. I“m pretty sure the only REAL reason they used "Bourne" in the title was to lure in the crowds into the theaters. But this is in no way a Bourne-movie...

That said this is still a pretty good action-flick in it“s own right, well made and with an amazing cast. But what does Bourne have to do with it? The extensivre use of Bourne-material is frequently tquite irrelevant for the plot and movie. I guess we“ll just have to wait and see if they intended to set up a new franchise or if they were just greedy and deceitful. Still, a good movie - just not as good as the real Bourne-movies.
January 1, 2013
150327: Sit back, relax and enjoy some simple action.
½ March 21, 2015
Las comparaciones son odiosas, este es un efectivo film en menor medida que sus antecesoras.
½ March 23, 2015
A far less superior film than those that came before it. I wouldn't mind to see more of Renner in this role, but I miss actual Bourne. The story took too long to get going and the action sequences were barely that.
March 23, 2015
So boring I couldn't finish watching it.
½ January 8, 2013
The movie is best if you try to forget that it has the "Bourne" label on it. As an average spy thriller, it has some good shootouts and chases and is tense for the most part. The performances get the job done and I don't really have a complaint there. The movie stumbles most in its paper thin story and how it doesn't really go anywhere. It also tries too hard to connect with the previous films but you can tell they did that just so the trailers could be made a certain way. It's a fun action thriller that definitely entertains, but it isn't quite at the level of the original trilogy.
½ March 12, 2015
While not as good as the Original Trilogy it is still a good movie with nice cinematography
March 8, 2015
This was an excellent transformation away from Matt Damon, I felt that Jeremy Renner took hold of this role in a commanding way and I enjoyed that the story lead out the way it did, allowing for both a great closure to the series, or providing a new opening for a whole new story. Clearly the folks who rate this movie low, don't appreciate great filmography at it's finest!
February 11, 2011
Love Jeremy Renner. I preferred him to Matt Damon. It was a little slow getting started. But was really good.
February 2, 2012
Essentially Bourne meets Bioshock; kinda wish they didn't kill off Oscar Isaacs so quick
February 17, 2015
Not a patch on the previous three. A good movie but I feel it is about exploiting the "Bourne" name.
February 17, 2015
The Bourne Legacy tends to leave its talented cast behind to stomp on familiar territory.
½ February 14, 2015
somewhat bland, familiar - Renner isn't really a lead, sort of forced and and accidental way about it..
½ February 8, 2015
I liked this film a lot. Don't hate on it. It captures the spirit of the Bourne Trilogy without being a blatant copy. 9/10 would watch again
January 30, 2015
Not worthy to sit in the Bourne franchise. Full review later.