The Boy She Met Online - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Boy She Met Online Reviews

½ June 15, 2015
Pretty poor, even for a TV movie.
Interesting premise, I was genuinely interested to see this one. However, the acting is so bad it is hard to get drawn into the movie or care about the characters.
½ August 18, 2012
It was just ok. Not something I would've paid to see.
½ January 1, 2013
Poorly acted, poorly written, and embarrassing to watch; It makes Trust look like a masterpiece, and the creation of this film borders on being a crime against humanity
April 22, 2012
I think jake was a truly sweet guy who just fell in with the wrong crowd. I think he loved her & they were a cute couple. Sad ending :(
½ January 9, 2011
** (out of four)

"The Boy She Met Online" is never able to escape its made-for-television movie roots. Even worse is that it' made for the Lifetime Network. It is strictly by the books.

A high school girl meets a guy online who she falls for. She is unaware that he is actually a convict who is writing to her from prison.

Dull, overly-dramatic, and forgettable.
December 19, 2010
Made for tv movie. This one is completely one of those movies to scare parents from letting their kids chat with people online. A teenage girl meets a guy online who is an ex con. She quits school and gets sucked into his mess.
½ June 15, 2015
Pretty poor, even for a TV movie.
½ April 27, 2015
Not bad movie but I wouldn't want to watch it again.
September 9, 2014
Riveting stuff,edge of my seat from start to finish
½ October 9, 2013
TV movie, so pretty standard acting, but good story
½ January 1, 2013
½ August 18, 2012
It was just ok. Not something I would've paid to see.
July 22, 2012
i love 2 watch movies like this and this ended was horrible but i think it was diff from all the rest :D x
May 12, 2012
i loved this so much i am going to buy it !!!
could not take my eyes of the tv :)
April 22, 2012
½ April 21, 2012
I just watched it, and it was an ok movie up until the end. Worst ending in the history of endings.
March 5, 2012
Low budget, medium quality production, but just about holds up as a crime thriller.
August 30, 2011
To all the comments about this movie, yes it is a TV movie from "lifetime" channel. I like all movies from this channel! If anyone wants a similar movie to this i recommend watching "Trust" it's the better movie of online meeting and a creepier guy than this one! enjoy the other movie! :)
½ August 5, 2011
it was ok...reminds me of the back in the day after school specials.
August 3, 2011
In this cable-TV friendly "Lifetime" movie, mature-looking "Mount Raven High School" teenager Tracy Spiridakos (as Cami Winters) has met a computer boyfriend. She thinks handsome Jon Cor (as Jake Meyers) is a college athlete, but he's really in prison. When Mr. Cor gets out on probation, he hooks up with his pretty computer date, but doesn't tell her about his arresting past. And, she doesn't tell him she's seventeen. The attractive couple carry on an affair with naughty, knowing secrecy...

Meanwhile, Spiridakos has "generation gap" problems with sexy single mother Alexandra Paul (as Tori), who doesn't approve of her daughter dating an ex-convict. Mama Paul and gal-pal Thea Grill (as Kendra Oliver) like to sit on tables and show off their legs. Cor and well-coiffed cell-mate Eddie Guillaume (as Dewayne Jackson) look like they paid frequent visits to the prison hairstylist. As a sleek crook who lures Cor into crime, Tim Finnigan (as Edgar Holly) steals admittedly meager acting honors.