The Brass Teapot Reviews

January 14, 2015
This movie wasn't too bad . It gets a bid odd. But it isnt to bad ,
½ January 14, 2015
It's a nice diversion that makes you think a little bit without getting too heavy. Angarano and Temple have fun with their roles. A little more of Alia Shawkat and Bobby Moynihan would've been nice. It's a fun movie to watch.
January 11, 2015
Similar to "The Box" (2009), a couple finds an object which gives them cash when they feel pain. The film feels quite stretched as several different forms of pain are explored. The couple never does learn to care about the pain they inflict on one another, or on others. You never feel that the characters in this fable grow. A few friends and neighbors are introduced and then forgotten.
January 5, 2015
This was worth watching. I don't think I'll be watching it again. Still, it was a valiant debut effort for the filmmaker. I like the premise of the movie. However, having said that, there were elements with the story that could have been better. It's based on an absurd impossible premise which is fine. My gripes have more to do with unrealistic behavior in the situation. Realistic: The characters acknowledge that they can't just deposit the money in the bank because the IRS would question where it came from. However they still went out to buy cars and a house without regard for the same IRS concern. I'd have liked some kind of part of the story to include how one would theoretically legitimize the huge sums of cash that were falling into their laps. That to me personally was a red flag breaching the realism that would have better let me suspend disbelief to accept the premise of the movie. Notwithstanding all of those things, there were moments that intrigued me, especially when the main couple started hurting each other's feelings to get the teapot to pay out, and even darker considerations about the harm they can do to earn more. I liked the progression how they were becoming more demented in their attempts to earn money from the teapot. For a first time effort at making a movie, this was excellent. The movie had great casting/actors which really lent lots of authenticity to the project. I want to see Ramaa Mosley make more movies. Her work on this movie is especially impressive knowing that this was an independent fundraiser project. Whatever poor reviews have been given, there's plenty of quality here to merit Ramaa moving on to something new, bigger and better with some major players feeling confident in her ability to deliver something of stand-out quality! I'm exited to see what she does next. Do not underestimate what this woman can do next if she can get the details together to pull of something this good. 5 stars for effort. 4 for the final product. I know she has a 5 star movie in her! Don't listen to dopey critics who haven't done anything nearly as difficult as making a movie. It's way too easy to be critical of something and way harder to implement the ambition to pull it all off! Go Ramaa!
January 1, 2015
Parece una gilada pero esta buena para debatir el tema del consumismo
½ March 26, 2014
This original film is a piece of delight and I was thrilled from start to finish. I liked everything about it and from the storyline, to the acting, everything felt authentic and fun to be part of. This young couple is wonderfully tested through power of the Brass Teapot for our delight and it's funny to see how people can really go out of their way through greed. But let's face it, we would all do the same. Great surprise.
½ December 15, 2014
I think reviewers are much too hard on this movie. I found it quite funny in many places. When you watch this movie, keep in mind that the wife is in a big hurry. She doesn't want to think things through or plan, just get results as quickly as possible.
½ December 12, 2014
Surprisingly I actually really enjoyed this movie, a very unique concept and was fun :)
½ December 2, 2014
The Brass Teapot Movie Review!

Well, this movie had an interesting concept. A magical teapot that gives you lots of money if you hurt yourself. Ok, I'll bite.

So right off the bat I can tell how this movie ends and what you can do to avoid it. But we'll get to that in a moment. So obviously, the teapot gets more and more difficult with how it gives you money because it kicks it up a notch.

The acting is questionable, the directing is sometimes odd and the visuals can be a bit...odd. Interestingly enough, the movie is predictable and not so at the very same time. The direction it goes in and how it ends is foreseeable but the events in between can be strange and sometimes even enjoyable.

Yes, we all can understand the moral of the story, "Don't be greedy", but honestly, it is so long for that one point. Finally, I will say, the ending wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. However, everything could've been resolved easily if you simply found a balance right at the start. The pot would never have kicked it up a notch, and you'd still be making hundreds of dollars every single day forever. Simple as that.

5 out of 10 (2.5 stars) An average movie.
November 30, 2014
This has quickly become one of my favorite movies. It's very well written and moving. Juno Temple is incredible as usual! It's one of those films that has a message that sticks with you long after watching. I recommend it to everyone!
November 29, 2014
Another great movie from Juno Temple! This explores just how powerful greed can really be. If you like movies, money, or both.. this film is for you! A must-see!
½ November 28, 2014
Fresh, hilarious and disturbingly heartwarming entertainment. These two should be a regular paring for future adventures! Well worth every moment!
November 13, 2014
'the brass teapot' is a definite must see film! This dark comedy is captivating from beginning to end. Michael Angarano was absolutely perfect & Juno Temple delivers a phenomenal performance. Two thumbs up!! 5 stars.
½ November 20, 2014
A cult classic with two very reliable lead roles and a flair for child-like optimism hidden in the cracks of its deliberately anarchic structure. At its worst, it's a good netflix find.
½ November 18, 2014
Cliched and pathetic.
½ November 16, 2014
Passable movie. Good performances of a bad script
November 15, 2014
Awesome movie..very fun..loved it
½ November 15, 2014
Watched The Brass Teapot on OnDemand awhile back and for the first time in awhile, I got to watch a clever well-crafted indie that had a good ending and a great overall message. With the right amounts of a fun, comedy,drama, and whimsical movie magic, The Brass Teapot takes a relatable story and puts a fresh spin on the concept of what would happen if a struggling couple found a "cash cow." The direction was steadfast and true through the entire film, and Juno Temple and Michael Angarano give very honest and real performances. I dont understand a lot of the negative comments towards the film but, I highly recommend.
November 14, 2014
This has become one of my favorite films of recent years.Juno Temple and Michael Angarano are endearing and delightful to watch on screen. Juno is one of my favorite people to see on screen, she could probably do anything on film and I'd still find it enjoyable. The movie itself is fun, lighthearted, and still has just enough content to make you wonder what you'd do in a similar situation. Love this movie, and I recommend it anytime anyone asks for a film to watch.
November 14, 2014
i loved this movie more than i thought I would. it has comedy, romance and a little bit of reality to it. Michael angarano and Juno temple are just amazing!