Critic Review - MovieJuice!

...enough unemployed characters from Whedon's failed series Dollhouse to staff every Abercrombie & Fitch in Beverly Hills.

April 21, 2012 Full Review Source: MovieJuice! | Comments (34)
MovieJuice!

Comments

Ty Morton

Ty Morton

Adam Bernstein

Adam Bernstein

God, what a moron.

Apr 21 - 02:50 PM

THGhost

THGhost .

You can hardly call Dollhouse a failed series.

Apr 21 - 03:32 PM

Mike Bierman

Mike Bierman

OK, just saw this tonight. Despite its 91% rating. It is not even a good movie, let alone a great movie. Also, MY audience groaned and everyone complained that the movie sucked while they left the theater. I don't know what test audience gave this an 83%, but they were idiots. The blonde could not act, so I immediately picked her to get naked. Bingo. The red head was a much better actress, so I immediately picked her to NOT get naked. Bingo. Everything about this movie was a disappointment, except for CGI stuff near the end (I did not spoil the plot!). This film is no more than average, and frankly was a waste of money. Also, there were also at least two lines in the script that seemed to have been errors, as I cannot figure out at all why the lines were what they were. It is rare for me to SO disagree with a Rotten Tomato rating, but trust me, this one is not very good. Wait for the video.

Apr 21 - 07:18 PM

Justin W.

Justin Woodard

Only a true idiot calls other people idiots for liking a movie that he didn't. Taste is subjective. Get over yourself.

Apr 21 - 10:01 PM

Joven Cruz

Joven Cruz

ur an asshole

Apr 22 - 01:26 AM

Joven Cruz

Joven Cruz

the movie is awesome u moron

Apr 22 - 01:27 AM

Stuffy McStufferson

Stuffy McStufferson

You know a person is full of it when they think they can tell you exactly what their entire audience thought of a movie, and even better, the person actually thinks that matters.

Apr 23 - 01:34 PM

Richard Francis

Richard Francis

Sorry Mike B, but the only one more wrong about their opinion than you is Mr. Ramsey. I think the two of you must have seen a totally different movie than, oh, everyone else.

Apr 23 - 02:13 PM

Eric Altman

Eric Altman

A major counter to your post Mike, is that you missed the point. If you pay attention to the reveal, you'll see exactly WHY all things that you picked at are huge pluses for film rather than any kind of detraction.

Apr 23 - 03:51 PM

Chaotic

Chris Burge

yeah i dont trust you mike. this movie was awesome

Apr 21 - 08:09 PM

Jake Morrow

Jake Morrow

You picked the blonde to get naked Mike? Great prediction. Seeing the online marketing for this movie pegged her as "the whore". You obviously missed the point to the movie. And the redhead was pegged as "the virgin". This movie was an homage to great horror classics in the past and a way to poke fun of what horror is now.

Apr 22 - 08:17 AM

Romano Coluzzi

Romano Coluzzi

Your a cunt and you should show respect to people who are more talented then you :)

Apr 23 - 12:13 AM

Braxton Gaither

Braxton Gaither

...Like possibly spelling words right, for one : )

Apr 23 - 11:54 PM

Braxton Gaither

Braxton Gaither

*You're: You are
*your: NOT You are

Apr 23 - 11:55 PM

Weldon Smith

Weldon Smith

*Than: less or more
*then: before or after

Apr 27 - 03:48 AM

Bill Strickler

Bill Strickler

This was the WORST movie I ever had to sit through!

Apr 23 - 12:38 PM

Bone Handle

Bone Handle

I'm so glad this piece of shit idea flopped at the box office.

Just add it to the list of Whedon failures. *cough* Firefly *cough*

Apr 23 - 03:31 PM

Eric Altman

Eric Altman

Your Troll-Fu is weak.

Apr 23 - 03:52 PM

Bone Handle

Bone Handle

The weak-minded always cry troll.

Apr 23 - 07:13 PM

Joven Cruz

Joven Cruz

so you called this movie a flop? so a $12M budget with a total gross of $35M worldwide is a flop for you? go get a life fuckin bone handle

Apr 23 - 08:30 PM

Braxton Gaither

Braxton Gaither

Did you reeeeally say Firefly was bad? Really? Like... Really? That's impressive. Glad I don't know you, because we couldn't be friends : )

Apr 23 - 11:56 PM

Brett Talbot

Brett Talbot

quit your job. right now. and go stay in a cabin in the woods. we'd all be happier.

Apr 24 - 12:31 AM

Ray Murphy

Ray Murphy

Missed the point much?

Apr 24 - 05:41 AM

Ben Pierce

Ben Pierce

This is surprising considering I usually agree with this critic. I think, as many people have stated, you missed the point of the movie. You don't get to direct a high budget movie like The Avengers without credit, and Whedon as plenty of it.

Apr 24 - 07:16 AM

Sharna Dixon

Sharna Dixon

I could only spot two dollhous actors, both of which did a really good job

Apr 24 - 12:22 PM

Francis Cossette

Francis Cossette

It's the new thing for failing critics: a senseless bashing in the hope to bring more hits to that failing critic's website.

Apr 24 - 05:32 PM

Brian Chambers

Brian Chambers

I don't mind differing opinions, but: 1) Spoilers. and 2) This isn't a showcase for try-hard wit. Review the film, rather than try to make a serious of lightly scathing soundbytes.

I don't need to hear everything about everyone who has Whedon has worked with.

"Cabin in the Woods has enough six-packs and hooters to earn an up-thumb from Roger Corman."

This is just a lie. A guy takes off his shirt once. We see panties, a bra, and a pair of breasts once. Cabin in the Woods bares less skin than 98% of it's contemporaries.

Apr 24 - 11:07 PM

Brian Chambers

Brian Chambers

I don't need to hear everything about everyone who Whedon has worked with.

Apr 24 - 11:07 PM

Brian Chambers

Brian Chambers

I don't mind differing opinions, but: 1) Spoilers and 2) This isn't a showcase for try-hard wit. Review the film, rather than try to make a series of lightly scathing soundbytes.

I don't need to hear everything about everyone who Whedon has worked with.

Apr 24 - 11:08 PM

JR Serrano

JR Serrano

douche lol

Apr 25 - 07:22 AM

Billy Robison

Billy Robison

I guess it only takes 2 actors to staff every Abercrombie & Fitch in Beverly Hills. Notice I said "actors" and not "characters." Characters are fictional. Pretty sure Topher and Whiskey (thank you Wikipedia) aren't gonna be job-hunting in L.A. any time soon. Then again, when you are reviewing for a site called Moviejuice, I guess you don't attract the world's most intelligent critics.

Apr 25 - 08:20 AM