The Chosen One Reviews

½ January 31, 2014
I loved this movie. I was surprised to see Rob Schneider in a serious role, but he did a wonderful, convincing job. The movie is sweet, a little other wordily and quiet. I cried a bit at the end. I hope to see more serious, quirky movies written and directed by him.
December 2, 2013
This is a different side of Rob Schneider! If you are used to the comedic roles he has been in, you are in for a big surprise! He handles this dramatic role very well. NOTE: Be forewarned the story involves a spiritual bend that might be a problem for some ("reincarnation", "Buddhism", Mystical "Spiritual" healers). There wasn't any mention of GOD or the redemptive power of the LORD Jesus Christ. This may be a turn-off for many Christians. Otherwise, the movie was entertaining.
September 2, 2013
Very disappointing. Mostly stupid.
February 20, 2013
Pulls every last one of its punches, and I wouldn't recommend a viewing to anyone beyond Schneider's core fanbase. Nevertheless, there are unusual elements to the film that prevent a complete dismissal. Just wasn't very funny though and i can't recommend it. So i say SKIP IT!!!
½ December 9, 2012
Absolutely horrendous. Painful to watch.
½ November 29, 2012
You expect really funny from Rob Scneider, but instead you get this. It envolves someone who is suicidal being chosen as a spirtual leader, who has absolutely no idea what they are doing or talking about and pretty much talks out of their butt the entire time. It does have some parts that are funny, but I would recommend picking something else entirely before you settle on this one.
September 21, 2012
An unexpected, rather enjoyable film that proves that star Rob Schneider actually has the skills to be a legit actor once he actually stops trying to be goofy, and focuses on his craft.
July 25, 2012
Very light film with slow pacing. Much different than the usual character Schneider portrays. It's not bad, there just isn't any substance. Feels a little lost, it's not funny enough to be much of a comedy or enough character depth/introspection to be dramatic.
June 14, 2012
Has a few funny moments and a nice story, but I feel it's a bit slow, and then ends too abruptly.
April 29, 2012
a small budget movie trying to tell a deep story about the entire society.
½ April 29, 2012
An alcoholic car salesman Paul Zadzik (Rob Schneider) is facing a difficult time on his life. He feels nothing works out for him, when a group of mistic colombian indians appear from nowhere on his doorstep and recognize him as his spiritual leader, 'the Choosen one'. His mother and his brother, who is a buddhist mok (Steve Buscemi) take this situation as another ridiculous experience from Paul, as he is used to fail in everything. But soon, Paul will discover that he is able to find self-confidence and integrity to go on with his life and overcome his main fears. A star and a half for this one.
March 31, 2012
It seems like people who didn't like the Chosen One were fans of Schneider's usual, low-brow comedies. As a comedy, this movie certainly fails. But it's impossible to watch without realizing it doesn't even try to be a comedy. Honestly, I was surprised to enjoy this psuedo-spiritual dramedy.
December 23, 2011
Recently watched this Rob Schneider film on a fluke -- not a fan of his -- and was pleasantly surprise. He wrote and directed this light drama and it was a good movie. He reminded me how some of the best drama actors are comics. Check out "Chosen One" on Hulu and tell me your take on it... Why to go Rob!!
December 20, 2011
This movie was mis-branded as a comedy. It's actually a drama and well acted by Schneider and Buscemi. Anyone who expects this movie to the usual Rob Schneider film will be disappointed, but I feel like this movie got poor ratings more because it was not what people expected than because it's actually bad.
November 18, 2011
I don't mind...its only a bad day. :(
November 16, 2011
Terrible!Schneider worst film!
½ October 19, 2011
I'm a fan of Rob; however, this one was decent. It seemed to drag on, the humor in it was dry, and honestly, I think it was more of a drama, then a comedy.
September 22, 2011
it was a ery inspiring and emotionalmovie. a very good performance by rob schneider!
½ July 4, 2011
This one was very hard to stomach. Boring is all I can say. Definitely not a hit for Schneider.