43% Sin City: A Dame to Kill For Aug 22

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

The Christmas Candle Reviews

bizzyb19
November 25, 2013
We thoroughly enjoyed this charming Christmas movie. Production was wonderful and plot was captivating and unpredictable. We plan on purchasing this movie to be a part of our annual family Christmas traditions.
February 28, 2014
Awesome Christmas movie. I went to see it with a group of 20 people on 42nd Street in Manhattan.
December 17, 2013
I loved it!!! I think it will be a classic similar to "It's a Wonderful Life"
December 16, 2013
The Christmas Candle is an uneven Christmas tale with good intentions.I found it a big surprise that a film like this would come to the big screen at all. It looks pretty, the cast is mostly good, (aside from Susan Boyle who has the acting chops of a candlestick). The themes are nice, but the way they are presented didn't flow for me. I felt unfulfilled at the end. Aside from a one or two emotionally developed scenes, this film is rather lackluster in terms of screenplay.

But this is not why I saw it. I saw it for one thing only, and that was Samantha Barks. She doesn't get a lot of screen time, but when she's present she glows. I can't wait to see where she will go.

Celebrity crush aside, The Christmas Candle is a nice family film, that will probably be taken in by local Sunday schools. It wasn't my cup of tea, and I probably will never revisit it, but depending on your personal state of spirituality, you may find something to grasp on to. I watched this with my mom and some of the later scenes made for some water works, but I don't think that had much to do with the movie itself.

Overall, it is probably the least satisfying movie experience I had in the theater all year. Not that the message wasn't a good one, but because both the aesthetics and script were lacking. I can't really recommend this The Christmas Candle. If you want to bring your family to the theaters this week see Frozen instead. If you have already seen it, see it again.
December 16, 2013
Loved this movie everyone should see it very uplifting don't listen to these critics it is a very good movie .....it isn't hammy or corny etc. They just like to pick on good clean movies. Go see it and you wont be disappointed. These so called experts do not know as much as they think they do .....ignore them
Michelle B.
December 10, 2013
I truly did enjoy all the acting except for Susan Boyle. I loved the cinematography. I did feel the story fell apart a little towards the end, but I did enjoy the movie. The message truly is about hope, daring to believe in the miraculous and how to love others well.
December 8, 2013
Great Christmas story, very good acting, a must see for Christmas!!!
December 6, 2013
Really enjoyed the movie. Not your typical "Christian Movie". Good acting and great job with photography. It was a good story of people helping others and God still works miracles.
December 6, 2013
An excellent Christmas family movie.
November 23, 2013
A movie about what Christmas is really about, at Christmas; how unique
December 6, 2013
I saw it and loved it. The cast was wonderful. Loved Susan in it. Perfect casting. Well written and acted, scenery was spectacular and I do believe that we can make our own miracles for each other. Nasty ole Liberal belief. This from an Atheist who likes the movie.
December 5, 2013
Great Holiday movie filled with great lessons in life. Loved it. A very sweet, touching movie which takes place in an English village, Gladbury in 1890. Birth, death, pain, suffering as well as faith, hope, love, acts of kindness, unity, prayer and the power of God's Word... were some of the many themes covered in this movie.

A friend of ours, who joined us, had this to say about it "A well done movie that dealt with many issues of faith and how God works in peoples lives, plus a wonderful description of all five advent candles."
December 5, 2013
A worthy watch. Hollywood critics won't endorse a movie like this. Critics are no fans of Christmas movies with a Christian message. Same horrible reviews suffered by it's a Wonderful Life. Thank you Frank Capra for believing in your film. Not saying it will be up for any awards, but a refreshing family movie. No violence, no special effects, just a movie about faith.
December 4, 2013
I was excited about seeing this one. But it turned out to be a dud. Don't waste your money or time.
December 3, 2013
I've seen this movie twice already. It will be opening in a small theater down the road from my house this weekend and I'm excited to go see it again! This movie will be a classic!
December 3, 2013
Warm, lifting, inspirational, beautiful - the actors, the cinematography was beautiful, the acting was excellent, the plot simple, true - for a reason - it was not intened to entertain, but to let a spirit settle upon you to feel, to think, to reflect... This movie is profound and meaningful - unlike so many popular movies that lack real meaning and purpose. I applaud the message, the hope, and the spirit this movie strives to bring into the lives of those that watch it.
December 1, 2013
I saw it last weekend. Great faith-based story! For once, a movie the whole family can enjoy!
November 24, 2013
Wonderful, amazing, journey of faith renewed! This is my new favorite Christmas classic. It was so worth the drive to a theater in Simi Valley, unfortunately the only location where this movie was showing. I went with some friends from church and we we all talking about the movie the entire way home. This is a must see!
November 28, 2013
This movie has a false pretentiousness that puts Man of Steel and every Oscar bait movie to shame. The plot is weak, the cinematography is embarrassingly out of focus, and the acting is on the level of Tommy Wiseau (the difference being that at least his was fun to watch).
November 27, 2013
It was like a Hallmark movie.