The Clinic - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Clinic Reviews

March 8, 2015
A unique and original premise but falls at the first hurdle. A non-suspenseful horror that should never have been born.
May 13, 2012
Adding review later.
September 19, 2011
This film had an original premise and was constructed well with enough twists and turns to make it reasonable, however there wasn't one that we hadn't seen before. A little known movie with a big moral at the end of it, the whole film seemed to be confused and twist in on itself for depth rather than gathering its own from the story line. It was worth watching and I am happy I did, but it was one of the most Frankenstein movies I have ever seen with all the good parts coming from other films of superior quality.
½ May 3, 2011
"The Clinic" is a mixture of survival, slasher. psychological horror and Saw with some fresh element. The blood and violence is very realistic and the suspense was good enough for me to continue watching, along with the good acting and the atmosphere.
As you can see in the postel of the movie I strongly don't recommend this movie to pregnant women.
½ March 27, 2014
An indie horror movie from Australia wherein someone is stealing pregnant women and surgically removing the babies. Tabrett Bethell was strong in her lead role as a mother who would not give up the chance to save her baby. Decent blood and gore effects and above average acting. Disgusting premise, but it is a horror film so almost anything goes.
½ July 17, 2012
First off, terrible cover. I almost didnt watch just because of it. The cover just screams Hostel like B (maybe C) horror movie. That being said, this was a really good movie with a scary premise and some twists you won't see coming. The acting is superb, especially from the two leads. Andy Whitfield definitely left this world to soon. Very glad I decided to watch.
½ May 30, 2012
Part Wolf Creek, part Turistas, part etc., The Clinic is never really original, but it does at least manage to take plot elements from various horror cliches and create its own unique hybrid plot. While it is certainly not great, it is a competent and decent thriller with some brutality and twisted moments.
June 19, 2011
Don't really know what to say about this but to say the acting was good, but the story was just dismal.. Think hostel but with pregnant women with babies cut out of their tummies... just eh....
October 24, 2014
not too impressed with this
½ September 15, 2013
This movie was fucked up. I had trouble stomaching it, due to my gut-wrenching sympathy for those women and the fate of their children in the hands of sick people who would kill to have a child.
May 23, 2013
This movie was incredibly disturbing. Despite the wonderful acting however, it was obvious that this particular work had some organization and big picture issues. For example, you were only made aware of what time period the movie took place in when you saw the tombstone of Beth's mother. Also, her fiance is just killed off, like they just wanted him out of the way. A little all over the place!
½ March 20, 2013
Good enough for those who already miss Andy Whitfield, but they'll just miss him some more as he is only 20% present in the movie!
January 26, 2013
Watched it on Netflix. Not a bad movie, I guess.
June 9, 2012
Uninteresting with very little thrills
August 5, 2012
The Clinic is a very well written and directed film, with a nice soundtrack and some beautiful cinematography. The actors did a really great job too, especially Tabrett Bethell, who was nominated for Fangoria's Best Actress Award in the 2012 Chainsaw Awards.
Some people say that the story is far-fetched. Well, I beg to differ. Google "Spain's stolen babies", and complain after that...
½ June 14, 2012
Just a very grim, sick movie with an unbelievable story that takes away any real tension. Not worth a Sky subscription...
May 19, 2012
Might as well titled the film, 'The Clinic and I think women are dull witted cattle.' The characters actions that stumbled the story forward can only be described as asinine and further the hypothesis that this writer/director would be better suited writing scripts personifying a cow in 'A day at the Slaughterhouse'.

I know horror movies are typically driven by the stupid actions of their stupid characters but there was not one redeeming moment in the entire hour and a half. The 'killer' in the story is perhaps motivated by completely unbelievable circumstances I've ever seen. That includes Freddy, Satan, Godzilla, and Buffalo Bill. As moronic as those classic villains reasons were, this one caused the mind the scream bullshit the loudest.
May 13, 2012