The Collapsed - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Collapsed Reviews

June 26, 2012
It's the end of the world, and the Weaver family is just trying to survive. Father Scott (John Fantasia), mother Emily (Lise Moule), daughter Rebecca (Anna Ross) and son Aaron (Steve Vieira) are heading to a small town in hopes of finding their other son, but they're being tracked by a gang of murderous bikers, and a strange entity that threatens to destroy them all.

This film was a very low-budget Canadian film, and if the acting wasn't so awful it would've been a great film, especially with the twist ending. There was a lot of surprising moments, but none more surprising than the finale. Unfortunately it was weighed down like an anchor by the poor acting.
September 9, 2015
I bought this movie out a bargain bin in a japanese conveyance store, hoping for jsut a crappy b-movie, complete with dumb dialogue bad acting and an indiscernible story. I must say I was blown back. the movie's premise is well thought out. the acting is stiff at the beginning, but the star John Fantasia, does a surprising job carrying the film. I came in expecting a dumb zombie movie or at least a really bad one, but instead I got a pretty decent movie. not an A-lister due to the bleak subject matter but anyone who likes post apocalyptic films, and use of the unreliable narrator, will like this film.
½ May 15, 2015
Writer/Director Justin McConnell made a pretty respectable post apocalyptic film on a budget of $40,000 dollars. Usually I think of movies like "Right at Your Door" or "Carriers" as low budget, but $40,000 more of an "El Mariachi" type of miracle that such a quality film was made with so little. The story here is actually pretty similar to the Ray Milland directed nuclear war scenario film "Panic in Year Zero!" where he an his family flee into the mountains to escape nuclear fallout. In this film, a family flees into the mountains from an unspecified apocalyptic scenario. Like the Milland film, the main antagonist isn't zombies or leather clad bikers, but rather other people pushed to extremes. Without spoiling too much, I'll say the film has some good unexpected surprised that break from formula and leave the audience with a sense that no one is safe and anything can happen in this world. Not for all tastes and the film is certainly a low budget affair, which will put off some, but it's still quite a riveting film.
December 3, 2014
I found it interesting for a low budget indie. They did really well. I liked the twist even though I saw it coming.
December 2, 2014
One star is an overating. Horrible !!
October 10, 2013
The only way to make this movie watchable is to put it through half way fast forward which makes it funny.
February 15, 2013
Someone please stop the music !! it's irrelevant
February 7, 2013
A decent ending but pretty corny post-apocalyptic plot left me dead!
½ January 31, 2013
A lone family struggles to survive after an unknown force wipes out most of the population, but they will have more to watch out for in woods than the other crazed remnants of mankind. THE COLLAPSED is a fitting description for Justin McConnell's post-apocalyptic plot that suffers from a confusing lack of identity. It is never certain until the end whether the film is trying to be a zombie movie or a creature feature, or if it is instead just a straight survival horror film in a world turned mad. It makes all of the same missteps as the 2010 remake of THE CRAZIES, pairing an uneventful plot and unintriguing characters together without even providing any gratuitous gore to maintain a feigning interest along the way. John Fantasia does his best as the family's forceful leader, but most of the performances feel like they are just being read to us. Even the visual metaphors are entirely transparent. THE COLLAPSED is an unfortunate miss that doesn't stack up to recent "End of the World" entries like THE DIVIDE, THE CARRIERS, or RIGHT AT YOUR DOOR.
½ January 19, 2013
not a stand out from the many end of the world movies that are around, but nothing special at all.
August 23, 2012
The first hour of this movie is a pain to watch because it is slow moving, action-less, and just boring to watch. There really isn't any script going on in the movie, and the camera pans to places that doesn't have anything but trees (pretty much pointless). The only good part was the last 20 minutes, where action finally starts to happen, and a twist ending is revealed. Other than that, the movie is boring, slow paced along with pointless camera movements/focusing. Overall 2/5 stars.
August 4, 2012
Definitely one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Shitty script, holes in the story and tonnes of pointless distractions that deter from the main plot of the movie. Just tries to fit way to much in an hour twenty..
½ July 4, 2012
Somebody owes me 1hr and 22min hours of my life back. The worst
½ June 15, 2012
The meter won't let me give it a 5% rating. Don't waste your time and money. Low budget...one of the worst made. Yeah.....you have the virus, you kill everyone...what is knew with that premise?