Is this the best movie ever?

I think it is. I loved this movie from start to finish. Comments on the best movie ever or if you believe this was the best movie ever.
Brendan Sullivan
03-1-2013 09:58 AM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Dhruv Gaur

Dhruv Gaur

Well... In the top 100 movies of all time, YES.

Jan 18 - 07:55 PM

Migs Rodriguez

Migs Rodriguez

Saying that this movie is "the best movie ever" is just an opinion. Doesnt mean much to people who don't agree.

Oct 19 - 01:09 AM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

I didn't say that. I even asked a question.

Oct 23 - 07:51 AM

Alex Aston

Alex Aston

It's in my top 20 favorite movies list, but I really have to disagree with anyone who asserts one single movie as the greatest one ever made. There's just to many great films out there to pick just one and I'd have to say the same thing about terrible movies as well. In all honesty, I wouldn't be surprised if a decade for now my list changes to a top 30 or 40 favorite movies.

Oct 7 - 11:40 AM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

If you want me to be politically correct. Then I would have to say it's my favorite movie of all time. The movie that has an impact to the individual is what makes a person love it. This movie did just that, so it's the best in my opinion.

Oct 23 - 07:50 AM

williamstormer95

William Costigan

The Dark Knight is easily in my top ten of all time. Entertainment at its absolute best.

Sep 28 - 10:05 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

well apparently on my gravity post it's not that good.

Sep 30 - 08:23 AM

Willem DaPerson

Willem DaPerson

It's very good, but as I've said, best is just arbitrary. And you've never been great at expressing your opinions in an amicable manner, Brendan.

Sep 30 - 02:30 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

I wasn't talking about you. But, let's say I was. I have but when someone is an ass then I become one

Oct 2 - 01:02 PM

Willem DaPerson

Willem DaPerson

Actually, you started it in saying that Gravity was a Netflix movie, when clearly it looked nothing of the sort.

Oct 31 - 07:30 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

the trailer came off as a Netflix movie. It clearly wasn't. I already said I liked the movie. Get over it.

Nov 6 - 06:38 PM

davidstuartabrams

David Abrams

its an opinion and yes i love this film

Sep 27 - 08:34 AM

mr.terrific

Joseph Guiliano

To me it is the best movie ever. Tied with Goodfellas.

Aug 22 - 09:38 AM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

Goodfellas is a good choice

Aug 23 - 08:51 PM

Daniel Roberts

Daniel Roberts

Is it the best movie ever made? No. Is it one of my personal favorites? Absolutely. People can argue all day about what the best movie ever made is, but ultimately it comes down to the individual and what film entertains and engages them the most. If this film is that for you, then that's awesome. I'd put it in my personal Top 5 (no. 4 to be exact, behind Amadeus, The Fugitive, and The Truman Show).

Aug 10 - 10:27 AM

Willem DaPerson

Willem DaPerson

Truman Show, woo!

Aug 12 - 08:31 AM

Jayro Bermúdez

Jayro Bermúdez

It is the best film far superior to Spider Man 2 and The Avengers

Jul 31 - 11:38 PM

Willem DaPerson

Willem DaPerson

No! Wrong! Spider-Man 2 is the best Comic Book movie ever.

Aug 7 - 04:56 PM

Eric Castagnoli

Eric Castagnoli

Agreed!

Aug 8 - 05:20 AM

Daniel Roberts

Daniel Roberts

Spider-Man 2 is overrated. The each film in The Dark Knight trilogy is better, as is The Avengers, Watchmen, and a few others.

Aug 10 - 10:23 AM

Willem DaPerson

Willem DaPerson

Watchmen is overrated dreck. The graphic novel is very, very good, but Zack Snyder's adaptation threw storytelling, and subtlety out the window in favour of effects, and action. I find that the majority of people to call Watchmen a masterpiece haven't read the source material.

Spider-Man 2 is not overated, it's the perfect balance of Avengers-like fun and spectacle, while incorporating the human drama of The Dark Knight Trilogy. That is why I would put Dark Knight and Avengers as my tied second-favourite super hero movie, because they each have traits that Spider-man 2 melded perfectly.

Aug 12 - 08:29 AM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

you didn't read the graphic novel then. It was almost identical to the movie with a view changes towards the end. Spiderman two is not overrated though.

Aug 12 - 03:26 PM

Willem DaPerson

Willem DaPerson

Did I say that it changed the story? No. I stated that it ruined the subtlety and nuanced characters of Moore's classic. Zack Snyder cannot direct actors, aside from Gerard Butler, and Jackie Earle-Haley (The latter of whom I doubt had much input from Snyder). Man of Steel is terrible too, and if Snyder could learn to somehow focus on humanity, and storytelling, instead of effects, his movies would be much better.

Aug 22 - 04:03 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

I don't think he did. Everything was the same. I just wish he would have reduced the blood content. People who didn't read the novel wouldn't get all the blood in the move. Also, man of steel was awesome. I had no problem with the emotionless superman. It just a different version of superman. I thought the overall movie was still good.

Aug 23 - 08:40 PM

Willem DaPerson

Willem DaPerson

You must understand that Watchmen, and Man of Steel both suffered from Snyder's inclusion. He has a fantastic flair for visuals, but he can't convey any sense of humanity to his characters, and ends making cheesy explosion-fests.

Aug 24 - 08:21 AM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

most of the characters in the watchmen (besides a couple) have no sense of humanity. To me the movie followed the book to the bone, but the book itself couldn't be adapted to a movie.

Aug 28 - 11:15 AM

Willem DaPerson

Willem DaPerson

To say that few characters in Watchmen (The Novel) have a sense of humanity is to disregard the whole thing. I don't love it as much as I prbably should, but what I'm saying is following a book to the bone does not matter, narratively, if you cannot execute the characters well, and that's Snyder's problem: He didn't seem to get the characters.

Sep 4 - 05:05 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

ok, Dr. Manhattan has has no humanity left in the book, edward tried to get it back and I think he showed this in the movie, Rorschach was done very well. Maybe, it wasn't spot on but it was good enough.

Sep 5 - 07:38 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

Exactly

Aug 9 - 10:46 AM

Alex Geo

Alex Geo

If you think The Dark Knight is the best move ever, go on Youtube and search: The illogical moments and plot problems of The Dark Knight.
This is a 20 minutes video that might prove you wrong.

Jul 23 - 06:44 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

I haven't seen that one, but I have seen the Cinema Sins version and i still think it's the best.

Jul 29 - 08:02 PM

Daniel Roberts

Daniel Roberts

There really aren't that many movies that don't have flaws in them. Movies are there to entertain, and if this one is this person's favorite, then it must have entertained him the most, and that's cool by me.

Aug 10 - 10:25 AM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

well, I think acting is the number one reason a movie is good. Health to me clearly had the best acting performance ever.

Aug 12 - 03:31 PM

Leo Gibson

Leo Gibson

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh wait, you weren't joking.

Jul 22 - 05:53 PM

Willem DaPerson

Willem DaPerson

This guy right here. *Claps*

Jul 23 - 06:30 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

and so wasn't like 30 people on here either.

Jul 29 - 08:01 PM

Andy Bones

Alexander McJet

I'd say it's one of them.

Jul 17 - 03:55 PM

This comment has been removed.

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

to me it has everything.

Jul 15 - 07:56 PM

Willem DaPerson

Willem DaPerson

I should follow-up. There is no such thing as the best film ever. It's a ridiculously asinine comment. I wholeheartedly endorse having a favourite (mine is The Truman Show, or Spider-Man 2), and reviewing films based on your personal interpretation, but I wouldn't condone calling something better, or the best. It causes too many arguments.

Jul 13 - 09:17 AM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

spider man 2 was good, but the acting in this movie made it the best for me. Everyone from Joker to the extras were great at acting. The action sequences weren't bad either.

Jul 13 - 09:58 AM

Willem DaPerson

Willem DaPerson

I can agree with your appraisal of the film's acting (Though I find Christian Bale to be a better Bruce Wayne than he is Batman, and Heath Ledger is the easy second for best Joker portrayal ever), but I will always give the nod to Spider-Man 2, simply because it didn't have to betray any character rules, like Nolan did, while delivering a film of pathos, emotion, and action.

Jul 13 - 10:50 AM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

you have a valid argument until it comes to the Joker. He is a clearly the best Joker ever.

Jul 15 - 07:55 PM

Willem DaPerson

Willem DaPerson

Very, very debatable. If you read the comics (an, honestly, I don't assume that you do), you'd realise that Ledger's Joker only works within Nolan's universe. While the performance was more than Oscar-worthy, and a fantastic interpretation, I feel that there is no better than Mark Hamill. He embodies the gleeful whimsy act that Joker puts on, without going over the top, but absolutely nails the darker, more psychotic streak that defines the character. If you've played Batman: Arkham Asylum, and Arkham City, you'd know the style I'm talking about. Also, Hamill's laugh is the indisputable best Joker laugh ever.

Jul 16 - 03:19 AM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

I have played Arkham City. This portrayal, I think was a more realistic version of what the Joker would be like if he was real. Hamill might have been more "comic book" joker, but as acting goes Health was the best Joker and could be argued that it's the best performance ever.

Jul 29 - 08:07 PM

Willem DaPerson

Willem DaPerson

I agree that it was the best acting portrayal of the Joker (Though I still believe Dini wrote the greatest Joker of all time), but you're doing it again: Proclaiming one performance to be among the best of all time, when you admit to not having seen a huge number of the classics.

Jul 30 - 02:13 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

What are you talking about? I've seen the classics. I've seen tons of classics. Just because I haven't seen the ten movie classics that people have stated, doesn't mean I haven't seen classics.

Jul 30 - 04:31 PM

Willem DaPerson

Willem DaPerson

C'mon, I'm certainly younger than you, and I wouldn't go saying one film/performance is the best of all time if I hadn't seen Citizen Kane, Vertigo, Se7en, Reservoir Dogs, Battle of Algiers, Aliens, Taxi Driver, No Country for Old Men, or Donnie Darko, all beloved films, be they by audiences or critics.

Aug 1 - 05:20 AM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

When did I say I haven't seen aliens?

Aug 9 - 10:47 AM

Willem DaPerson

Willem DaPerson

Considering you claim to have only heard of Aliens...

Aug 12 - 08:30 AM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

when I said that I meant I heard of it, but I did see it. The alien series is the best or one of the best horror series.

Aug 12 - 03:27 PM

Willem DaPerson

Willem DaPerson

Thanks for the clarification, but I still think you're a bit too quick to praise without having seen some great movies.

Aug 22 - 04:04 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

how, you think any of those other movies you listed had "greatest acting ever" tattooed on them? I don't think so. Also what are you mean when you said " without having seen some great movies"

Aug 23 - 08:43 PM

Willem DaPerson

Willem DaPerson

Citizen Kane and Taxi Driver, at the very least, are considered to have some of the finest performances ever put to film...

Aug 24 - 08:22 AM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

yeah, most people I guarantee have not seen Citizen Kane. Taxi driver is a different situation. I would like to see that

Aug 28 - 11:18 AM

Willem DaPerson

Willem DaPerson

Regardless, it's a bit rich to calla film the best of all time, when you dismiss the film most posit as the very best...

Aug 29 - 12:13 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

A. that's my opinion B. If you really want to be "politically correct" then I will say that "it's the best movie I've ever seen

Aug 29 - 09:46 PM

Willem DaPerson

Willem DaPerson

Oh, and how could I forget Pulp Fiction!

Jul 13 - 10:51 AM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

I saw it and it was good. Not the best

Aug 12 - 03:28 PM

Willem DaPerson

Willem DaPerson

Actually, I think it was a bit better than Dark Knight, despite both being among my favourites.

Aug 22 - 04:10 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

the overall pace of the movie was very annoying to me. The back a forth from one time period to another was also very annoying.

Aug 23 - 08:44 PM

Willem DaPerson

Willem DaPerson

Well, perhaps you need to pay better attention...

Aug 24 - 08:22 AM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

It's not the fact that I didn't pay better attention. Like I said "I loved the film", but that part was annoying.

Aug 28 - 11:19 AM

Willem DaPerson

Willem DaPerson

I love The Dark Knight to death, but I wouldn't even posit as the best of it's franchise, it's genre, and certainly not the best of all time. It's a scarily accomplished film, with astonishing acting, and truly stupendous plot, but the final act mars it considerably. For me, that doesn't detract from the five-star rating I gave it, but it is a great deal less focused than the superior Batman Begins. By the way, I believe Spider-Man 2 to be the greatest Super-Hero flick ever, and damn-near my favourite of all time. It captured the essence of the hero (as Begins did), without sacrificing what made him tick.

Jul 13 - 09:14 AM

Square M.

Vince Mcmahon

Best of the genre, that's for sure!

Jul 9 - 12:33 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

yeap

Jul 12 - 08:58 PM

Branden M.

Branden Mata

It's my favorite film of all time as well. I sure do consider it one of the best of all time. In 20-30 years The Dark Knight will be viewed as a cinema classic and one of the best films of its time. Just wait and see.

Jul 8 - 10:27 AM

Chase R.

Chase Riser

1.The Empire Strikes Back
2.The Silence of the Lambs
3.The Dark Knight
4.Titanic
5.Gladiator

Jul 2 - 10:26 AM

Rainbow Spirit

Rainbow Spirit

these are some of my favorite movies: Vertigo (1958), Jacob's.Ladder (1990), Se7en (1995), Cashback (2006)

Jun 22 - 01:01 AM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

only heard of one and never seen any. Seven I heard was good

Jun 29 - 08:41 PM

Jon Incognito

Jon Incognito

Anyone who thinks this movie belongs anywhere near the top 100 is either a teenager or mentally challenged.

Jun 16 - 05:43 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

It seems like you're the one mentally challenged seeing that mostly every single person on here said it was either the best or top 5. Maybe you need to group up.

Jun 16 - 07:14 PM

Gabe Tugendstein

Gabe Tugendstein

To say that the Dark Knight is the best film ever because people in a Dark Knight Thread said so, is like going to Comic-Con and claiming that superhero costume is the most popular fashion trend

Aug 21 - 03:47 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

you're comparison is invalid and you're logic frankly makes no sense. I'm not claiming that at all. I'm just claiming that if you call me mentally challenged then you're calling the other thirty people in here mentally challenged. So that makes him handicapped.

Aug 23 - 08:46 PM

Willem DaPerson

Willem DaPerson

What you just said, in itself, makes no sense.

Sep 4 - 05:07 PM

Alex A

Alex A

It's good, but it's definitely not the best movie ever.

Jun 16 - 10:40 AM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

what's the best then?

Jun 16 - 07:14 PM

? ??

? ??

It may not be the best movie of all time. But it is, no doubt, the best superhero movie ever made.

Jun 15 - 08:49 AM

Jeffrey Ballesteros

Jeffrey Ballesteros

This is NO DOUBT the GREATEST Superhero Film of ALL TIME!!! It's drama and performance had "The Godfather" Effect and it's grounded on realism.

Jun 14 - 12:47 AM

Chris Sprague

Chris Sprague

My Top 5 - In No Particular Order

1)Donnie Darko
2)The Dark Knight
3)No Country For Old Men
4)Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas
5)Fight Club

Jun 5 - 07:03 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

It's sad, but I still need to see Donnie, No country, Fight Club.

Jun 5 - 11:10 PM

Chris Sprague

Chris Sprague

Fight Club Really? Should be a law! Lol

Jun 6 - 01:04 AM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

nope, want to see it. Heard it was good

Jun 12 - 09:14 AM

Blondie

No Name

Trust me; it's good.

Aug 11 - 03:15 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

got to see it.

Aug 23 - 08:47 PM

Matthew Demman

Matthew Demman

It is a standalone in the pantheon of action films, and it ranks among the greatest films ever committed to celluloid. However, "best" is nearly impossible to determine, but it must be in the discussion.

Jun 1 - 08:25 AM

Ben Hunt

Ben Hunt

I'm going to have to say this is the BEST movie ever. The only movies that come close for me are pulp fiction, taxi driver, and The Lord Of The Rings The Fellowship Of The Ring. But i'd say The Dark Knight is the BEST.

May 29 - 05:01 PM

Max M.

The Dude

It's my absolute favorite film, but "best" is a very subjective word.

May 24 - 03:35 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

it's warranted for this movie

May 28 - 04:46 PM

Judge Nikhil

nikhil bhardwaj

on the waterfront,mean streets,aliens,The Battle of algiers

May 16 - 04:51 AM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

heard of only aliens.

May 19 - 11:43 PM

Max M.

The Dude

Okay man. Not trying to be offensive here, but I'm probably younger than you and I have heard of every single one of the films mentioned in this thread so far and I've watched Citizen Kane and Mean Streets.

May 23 - 11:50 AM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

I guarantee there's tone of people that haven't heard of these movies.

May 29 - 09:21 PM

Leo Gibson

Leo Gibson

You really don't have very good taste, do you?

Jul 22 - 05:56 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

just be quite the man...really you title says it all. What movies do you think are the best...

Jul 29 - 08:08 PM

Judge Nikhil

nikhil bhardwaj

citizen kane, T2:JD,die hard1,12 angry men,once upon a time in the west,seven samurai,memento,the godfather,the killer{1989},hard boiled,metropolis,Reservoir Dogs ,North by Northwest,jaws,dirty harry

May 16 - 04:45 AM

Blondie

No Name

How opinions change with one movie viewing
1.The Dark Knight
2.Taxi Driver/Reservoir Dogs
3.The Lord of the Rings trilogy
4.Original Star Wars movies
5.The Matrix/Inception

May 14 - 05:19 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

yep, movies pretty good. Never see taxi or dogs, but heard was good. I was more looking for your top 5 movies of all time, but this is fine.

May 15 - 09:54 PM

Blondie

No Name

Something tells me it won't change too much from this. I seriously can't have a top movies list without ties. Sorry about that.

May 16 - 04:23 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

That fine. Now name the best saga/tilogy
1. star wars
2. dark knight
3. harry
4. lotr
5. spiderman the original (the new one was alright)

May 19 - 11:50 PM

Blondie

No Name

That's kind of hard but...
1.The Lord of the Rings
2.Star Wars
3.Dark Knight
4.James Bond
5.Harry Potter

May 20 - 04:42 AM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

good choices. I've only seen one james bond movie and that's skyfall, which I might add was very good

May 22 - 12:37 PM

Blondie

No Name

I haven't seen much Bond either but from what I have seen, they're really good.

May 23 - 05:58 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

hats what i hear

May 28 - 04:47 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

now you guys name your top 5
1.The Dark knight
2. Avatar
3. Inception
4. Star Wars the return of the jedi
5. different options here (I am legend, hunger games, or war of the worlds)

May 13 - 12:13 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

I would say war of the worlds here

Jun 12 - 09:15 AM

Willem DaPerson

Willem DaPerson

I have to say, I find Inception to be wildly over-rated by it's fanboys. Nolan is maybe the most technically adept director in Hollywood, but not quite the best. On top of that, it's much better viewed as a popcorn thrill ride, because it wants you to believe it's much smarter than it is.

Jul 13 - 09:20 AM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

no, he's not the best. I still think it's the best. Also, I don't think it's trying to think it's smarter than you. It's trying to just trick the people that don't get it.

Jul 29 - 08:10 PM

Willem DaPerson

Willem DaPerson

I didn't say it thinks it's smarter than the viewer, I said that it relies on the audience believing it to be smarter than it is. There's a difference.

Aug 22 - 04:06 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

That's the point and it awesome to me.

Aug 23 - 08:50 PM

Luis Enrique Salas

Luis Enrique Salas

For me The The Dark Knight is One of the Best Movies Ever Made! Obiusly This movie is in my top 10 of best movies of all the history!!

May 12 - 05:28 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

totally agree

Jun 12 - 09:15 AM

Parag Agrawal

Parag Agrawal

It carries Immense momentum with it,by the half time you really start caring about everyone involved.And it has the best comic antagonist of all time.So yes....It's the best that i've seen in theatre

May 9 - 02:30 AM

mrcuevasabsent

Luis Cuevas

It's not the best movie, but will always be the best superhero movie no matter what those marvel ball hugging pussies say.

May 5 - 11:53 AM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

no marvel movie comes close and even when they bring out a powerhouse like iron man 3 they fuck it up. My first point is wrong; avengers was pretty damn good. spiderman 2, and xmen first class was good as well. the rest are lacking.

May 5 - 02:19 PM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

I love the hell out of it, but it's not the best movie ever.

Apr 27 - 07:58 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

what's the best then

Apr 29 - 11:37 AM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

Pulp Fiction

Jun 4 - 03:11 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

um, no. That movie is good, but not that best. The overall execution could have been better.

Jul 29 - 08:11 PM

Sumit Jain

Sumit Jain

It is the greatest movie ever in my opinion. It has the best script, characters, acting, visuals, background score and the whole package just beats any other film I have ever watched. I have watched it more times than any other film and still i don't get tired of it. Godfather, although a very good movie, doesn't come close to challenge Nolan's masterpiece.

Apr 26 - 01:48 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

agree 100%

Apr 29 - 11:36 AM

Caleb P.

Caleb Paasche

Great summary, I agree completly

Apr 29 - 05:26 PM

Chase R.

Chase Riser

It's my fourth favorite movie of all time behind Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, The Silence of the Lambs, and Titanic.

Apr 23 - 06:24 AM

Market Man

Eric Shankle

Titanic is in my top 5 as well. Incredible film.

Apr 23 - 04:29 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

great list. Star wars is my favorite saga of all time. Yes I'm including the prequels as well

Apr 29 - 11:37 AM

Sourav Soumendran

Sourav Soumendran

TREMENDOUS STUFF BEST ACTION MOVIE EVER

Apr 23 - 04:16 AM

Caleb P.

Caleb Paasche

I agree with you, I've seen it seven times now and love every scene

Apr 22 - 02:48 PM

Jake Haynes

Jake Haynes

I would say the Godfather is the best film of all time, but this is one of my top 5 honestly, and I never thought I would say this about a superhero movie, but this works on a much deeper level, it is a study of our society, it explores themes like nihilism and duality. Beyond that, it is really just so well done, it is as about as close to perfect as movies come.

Apr 16 - 05:25 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

true, I believe it's what our society tries to hide from the world

Apr 16 - 09:56 PM

President Pedro

President Pedro

It's my one of my personal favorites, but I wouldn't really say best of all time. The Dark Knight is the greatest comic book adaptation of all time for sure, but I don't think it compares to Godfather or Citizen Kane.

Apr 14 - 06:17 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

What's citizen Kane? Godfather is a good movie, but I think it's short of slow at parts.

Apr 14 - 07:30 PM

Alex M.

Hipster Elitist Maverick

Seriously, you've never heard of Citizen Kane?

Apr 15 - 02:13 PM

Hunter Primm

Hunter Primm

Not too often you come across someone who hasn't heard of Citizen Kane.

Apr 15 - 05:20 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

It's a movie in the 40's. Of course I haven't heard of it.

Apr 16 - 09:55 PM

Hunter Primm

Hunter Primm

Makes sense. I'm not saying I've seen it because I haven't. I just thought you had at least heard of it. I can see how you haven't though.

Apr 19 - 03:45 PM

Alex M.

Hipster Elitist Maverick

Wizard of Oz was made in the 30's, so time really has nothing to do with it.

Apr 19 - 11:23 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

I mean it's not that iconic movie like the wizard of oz or a white Christmas was.

Apr 21 - 11:03 PM

Blondie

No Name

That's what I was thinking as well. Most people see The Wizard of Oz at a young age and most people don't see it that far ahead.

May 11 - 12:22 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

I might take a look at it, but not sure

May 11 - 09:03 PM

Judge Nikhil

nikhil bhardwaj

ON THE WATERFRONT is the movie which changed acting forever in american cinema also my 1of my fav movie

May 16 - 04:48 AM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

I might have to check it out then

Jul 29 - 08:12 PM

Isaac T.

Isaac Tetreault

I dunno... I got bored with citizen kane pretty quickly....

May 2 - 01:41 PM

Blondie

No Name

Yeah, it's one of those movies where the critics love it to death. Not always a big fan of those.

May 14 - 05:15 PM

Judge Nikhil

nikhil bhardwaj

CK is the greatest display of art in cinema

May 16 - 04:46 AM

Hunter Primm

Hunter Primm

My favorite movie is Taxi Driver. I still say that Inception is Nolan's masterpiece so far.

Apr 14 - 05:57 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

never seen it before, but I heard it was good. Also inception was very good. I would put it three on my list

Apr 14 - 07:31 PM

Hunter Primm

Hunter Primm

I watched The Dark Knight again today and I can't say I like it more than Inception, but it takes a close second. I watched Begins again and it was close but is ultimately, third.

Apr 19 - 04:27 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

It's a great movie, but I just put acting over everything and he had the best ever. Also, I would say yes that begins is third behind the two dark knights

Apr 21 - 11:04 PM

Blondie

No Name

I take Rises fourth because it didn't feel as fresh to me but it was still great. I just like themes of Begins better and also way, the overall story. The twist rubbed me the wrong, I guess.

May 11 - 12:25 PM

Blondie

No Name

*and also the overall story.

May 11 - 12:26 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

only a couple of people name their best movie, so then name yours if you think this wasn't the best

Apr 12 - 09:10 AM

Ben Thompson

Ben Thompson

This film is the best superhero/comic book film ever, but in my opinion, the title for best movie ever is The Dark Knight tied with another Nolan film, Memento.

Apr 11 - 07:03 PM

pat

Pat S.

I sure hope not.

Apr 11 - 04:03 AM

Jacob Miller

Jacob Miller

It's one of them.

Apr 8 - 05:57 PM

Hunter Primm

Hunter Primm

I would say no, but it is still a great movie and has to be somewhere on my top movies list.

Apr 7 - 06:11 PM

Klaveren 2

Klaveren 2

Of course!!!

Apr 6 - 12:11 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

apparently by Issac; it's not even close.

Apr 7 - 08:30 AM

Tudy Darkins

Tudy Darkins

greatest movie ever

Apr 4 - 09:28 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

That's what I said, but Issac thinks it's not even close

Apr 5 - 12:42 PM

Branden Mata

Branden Mata

My favorite film. Great performances by all(containing arguably the greatest villain performance of all time),a flawless dark/realistic atmosphere, great visuals, and a great script. Can watch it anyday, never get tired of it.

Mar 29 - 11:26 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

Same here. I loved this movie and I've watch it a good ten times

Mar 31 - 10:20 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

if it's not your best then name it.

Mar 13 - 10:31 PM

Market Man

Eric Shankle

It's a good film. I didn't care for Harvey Dent's unrealistic character transformation; Two-Face felt rushed and sort of last minute. I also found Bruce Wayne to be a little boring. I don't think it's the best ever. Schindler's List or One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest would be my choices for best film ever.

Mar 13 - 09:58 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

I respect your comment, because least gave you opinion of the best. I also love both of those movies. I just thought the Schindler's list could have been a little bit better. Good movie though

Mar 13 - 10:31 PM

Bram S.

Bram Sterling

I love this film, but best film ever is saying a bit much, in my opinion.

Mar 9 - 11:30 PM

Alex M.

Hipster Elitist Maverick

And Brendan's opinion is that it's his favorite film.

Mar 11 - 02:19 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

The reason I hold it to this standard is because of how great heath was and how great the actors were in this movie. I know it dragged on a little bit, but the cool this is if heath wasn't in the movie the actor that plays Harvey Dent would be the person we're talking about

Mar 13 - 07:35 PM

Isaac T.

Isaac Tetreault

No. Like really? The car was cheesy the bike was cheesy there was no sound track and batman was cheesy. Leadger was good.

Mar 4 - 08:08 AM

Jeff P.

Jeff Walken

The sound track was the music you heard pretty much throughout the entire movie. And your favorite Batmobile is probably the George Clooney one, right?

Mar 4 - 01:54 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

I agree with Jeff. How was the car cheesy? I thought it looked awesome. His voice was to hide his identity. He could have down it better, but i didn't mind it.

Mar 7 - 08:37 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

I hold acting over anything and I thought this was the best acting job ever.

Mar 3 - 01:41 PM

Isaac T.

Isaac Tetreault

Batmans voice was awfull, and his acting flawed. Not the best ever

Mar 4 - 08:09 AM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

how is the acting flawed? Are you telling me you didn't like Joker's acting?

Apr 29 - 07:27 PM

Isaac T.

Isaac Tetreault

Bale

May 2 - 01:38 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

That doesn't mean the acting in the movie is flawed. that means only one actors acting is flawed. The rest of the actors were amazing. Also, I wouldn't consider it flawed, but misunderstood

May 5 - 07:25 PM

Alex M.

Hipster Elitist Maverick

It is one of my favorite movies.

Mar 2 - 04:04 PM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

2 guys who gave this 1/2 a star are filthy, diseased vaginal excretements and should die of painful cancer.

Aug 9 - 08:20 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

Who gave this a 1/2 star?

Aug 9 - 09:50 PM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

2 shitheads 4 years ago, they starting coming back to my mind so I said that to release some steam

Aug 12 - 06:55 PM

Joseph  E.

Joseph Enoch

Rantandravinfection is a retard

Aug 12 - 05:56 PM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

Rantandravinfection is a dumb fuckhole, he hates this movie anyone who likes it because he's too stupid to understand the story. What an fucking moron.

Aug 13 - 09:08 PM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

*a

Sep 2 - 11:11 AM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile