Weekly Ketchup: "Halo," "The Dark Knight," "Sin City 2," and More!
You'll want to read what Alexis Bledel has to say about "Sin City 2."
The Week's Most Popular News:
Christian Bale Talks "Dark Knight" and Heath Ledger
What with the new Bat-title ("The Dark Knight") and the new bat-villain (Heath Ledger as The Joker), it seems that Bat-actor Christian Bale is pretty happy with the way his "Batman Begins" sequel is coming together.
NOW Mel Wants to Do Another "Lethal Weapon"?
In a move that might be dismissed as "PR B.S." by many, Mel Gibson (allegedly) wants to head back to Riggsville and star in "Lethal Weapon 5" -- despite his long-standing refusal to climb back into that particular character.
Snake Plissken to "Escape from Earth"?
John Carpenter's "Escape from New York" is a true-blue cult classic among (male) movie fans of a certain age (old, like me), but the goofy follow-up, "Escape from L.A.," didn't exactly strike the same gold-mine.
British Director Bails on "Bond 22"
We still have a few months to go before the 21st James Bond adventure, "Casino Royale," hits the screens, and already the series producers are looking for a director for the 22nd.
Halo" Has a Director!
Visual effects veteran Neill Blomkamp has been announced as the new director of vid-game adaptation "Halo," which will be produced by "Lord of the Rings" Oscar-winner Peter Jackson.
In Other News:
- Wachowski Brothers will write and direct the live action adaptation of "Speed Racer," which is awaiting the greenlight from WB. Vince Vaughn is reported to be still involved with the project, probably playing Racer X.
- Will Ferrell is attached to star in another sports movie. Titled "Semi-Pro," the movie takes place in the '70s and will somehow involve basketball.
- Vin Diesel has been confirmed for the lead role in "Babylon A.D," with Mathieu Kassovitz ("Gothika") directing. The rock band with the same name is in no way involved.
- Becky "doesn't die" in "Sin City 2," Alexis Bledel confirmed.
- Brett Ratner ("Rush Hour") is eyeing to remake "The Boys of Brazil" for New Line.
- Matthew McConaughey and Kate Hudson will reteam in "Fool's Gold" for director Andy Tennant and Warner Bros.
- "Casino Royale"'s theme song will be "more up tempo and a little more aggressive" than other Bond movies, musician Chris Cornell revealed.