Holmes Getting the "Knight" Off?

Summary

Fans of "Batman Begins" who thought Katie Holmes was the worst part of the movie -- and there seem to be a lot of them -- will be happy to read IGN Movies' report, via LatinoReview.com, that Holmes' role is being recast for the upcoming sequel, "The Dark Knight." Back to Article

Comments

bribios

brian wilson

That sucks. I was hoping they would keep her in the sequel, and have her die a horrible fiery death.

Jan 26 - 12:09 PM

Super Simba

Super Simba

Seconded! :D

Jan 27 - 07:34 AM

jeremyf1977

jeremy fein

In the Name of God and all that is Good in the world make Ed Norton Two Face. As for Katie Holmes.....I didn't want to be the one to tell you so..............

Jan 26 - 12:12 PM

dagreenman18

Brian Lorenzo

i agree, Norton would make an excellent harvey Dent. or at least better than Jamie Foxx. As for Holmes, she never really bothered me, so this news dosen't affect me eathier way.

Jan 26 - 12:34 PM

dagreenman18

Brian Lorenzo

Jan 26 - 12:34 PM

lonechicken

Han Nguyen

It's not like she's vital. Why bother recasting. Just write her character off.

Jan 26 - 12:34 PM

alsanali

Alsan Ali

Jamie Foxx as Two Face?

Edward Norton would be perfect though. In fact, I'd say he would be too perfect and I don't think it'll happen.

Jan 26 - 12:37 PM

arpeggio191

Carl Myers

ed norton would friggin rule... everyone should start donating money. If everyone donates $10, then his salary could be around $1 billion. Totally worth it...

Jan 26 - 12:55 PM

Defmonkey

Tyson Herritt

[b]Lets hope that Norton takes it.[/b]
That would be so sweet. When I just read that he was up for Two Face, the first movie I thought of was Norton in Primal Fear. Where he pretends to have a split personality...

He would fit in perfectly.

Jan 26 - 01:09 PM

JackHorner1979

tom brownbridge

[b]Why keep her at all?[/b]
I'm not sure at the reasoning here. I was under the impression (maybe because they insinuated it) that Katies character would be leaving due to the fact that she is useless. She already told us that she has lost Bruce, because he doesn't exist. He doesn't need her for moral backing. She's dead weight.

Jan 26 - 01:21 PM

Mr. Kong

Sam jacobs

The news doesn't surprise me. I heard the news over a year before the title was announced.

Jan 26 - 01:27 PM

h-town24

frank ford

[b]HATER IN THE HOUSE![/b]
Jeff Giles is just a jerk! No one is saying the things he is saying. I loved Katie in it.

Jan 26 - 01:28 PM

Jeff Giles

Jeff Giles

It's true. I am a jerk.

Jan 26 - 03:38 PM

Bane Of Anubis

C M

Norton would be pretty good, but I imagine Lucas would be able to play a pretty bad-ass sociopath.

Jan 26 - 01:29 PM

carrierj1

Joseph Carrier

[b]Two Face isn't Black![/b]
First thing I'm black so I'm not hating on Jamie Foxx but I hate when they change the race of characters! Two Face is a white guy and that's all there is to it. How about if we have a George Washington movie staring Denzel. I'm sure he'll do a great job but George Washington is white! The Kingpin is white. Oh, I got an idea. Let's have Blade 4 starring Colin Ferrel. No! Blade is black. James Bond is white! Bill Clinton isn't the first black president, Toni Morrison. He's white! EOM

Jan 26 - 02:11 PM

jeremyf1977

jeremy fein

Dude seriosuly what are you smoking and could I have some?

Jan 26 - 02:18 PM

jeremyf1977

jeremy fein

Dude seriosuly what are you smoking and could I have some?

Jan 26 - 02:18 PM

gratefuldawg

Byron Sauer

Jaimi Foxx is a hack.

Jan 26 - 02:40 PM

mojodaddy

joe fish

I agree with carrier. It's stupid when they do that. Making Two-Face black would be like making a black version of the honeymooners, it's just.............oh wait. They already did that. It's not like I have a problem with any races, it's just a matter of being faithful to the source material.

Jan 26 - 02:42 PM

I Am Remote

Robert Pilkington

Recasting....?

Just write her out! Get Catwoman or Harley Quinn in there for a female lead. Man, why even bother keeping this character?
And yeah, out of those choices, let's hope Norton plays ball.

Jan 26 - 03:03 PM

synergyred

Nancy Elizabeth

I'm also confused. I don't think Katie did terribly with the role, but it feels to me like her character has served her purpose. She helped Bruce Wayne by serving as his conscience and was able to give him up in the end so he could continue as Batman. Batman has never been big on keeping hold on a woman for more than one movie anyway.

Jan 26 - 03:28 PM

Jeff Giles

Jeff Giles

It's true. I am a jerk.

Jan 26 - 03:38 PM

STFU_Donny

Chris W

God i hate jamie foxx. My favorite memory involving him was bill cosby saying that he should find a new job after he saw booty call.

Jan 26 - 04:08 PM

usedtype

WeiDe Fei

I didn't have a problem with Holmes in Batman Begins. If she was a weak link in the cast, it had to do with the superb casting for all the other roles (Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine, Gary Oldman, Liam Neeson, etc). Few could stand out with that kind of supporting cast. I think most of the problem people had with her is because of the Tom Cruise/Katie Holmes backlash. That said, her character has served her purpose and need not return. Still, I don't care too much either way.

Jan 26 - 05:15 PM

Critics Consensus
Critics Consensus

Transcendence is a Sci-Fi Snooze

Johnny Depp's Best Movies

Picture gallery of movie bears

Good Friday