The Dark Knight Reviews

½ July 5, 2009
Okay, the good and the bad, 1st the good, Heath Ledger, Wow he played this character so sinister like that you almost forget who is actually playing The Joker. The Action is fantastic (although a little too loud at times when there is dialogue at the same time). Now the bad, 1st, the movie is to long, there are 2 or 3 points where the movie could have ended but yet it kept going. 2nd is Christian Bale, his performance as Batman is somewhat disappointing because he doesn't sound anything like Batman for starters, he sounds like Dirty Harry, and i just don't think his heart was in it at all this time around. Very well made super-hero movie, even if it wasn't as good as it could have been (I'm sure I'll get a lot of flack for that comment, but that's how I feel sorry).
July 26, 2015
This movie is one of the best superhero movies of all time. It's also the best movie of the year. A+
May 21, 2014
Phenomenal. The greatest comic book movie ever. Heath Ledger's The Joker is not the only thing that shines here, the direction, the dialogue, and the escalation of complex plot. This movie after sometime will be a classic for superhero fanboys and crime-thriller fanatics.
July 23, 2015
While a perfect movie is impossible, The Dark Knight comes pretty close - with absurdly amazing storytelling and eye popping visuals and narrative.
½ July 22, 2015
A little worse then begins and overrated but still great and up there has like the 5th best CBM ever.
½ July 21, 2015
A vast improvement over the first and corrected everything that held back the first one, making it one of the best movies of all time.
October 1, 2008
I was a little disappointed that Katie Holmes didn't reprise her role of Rachel Dawes and it was given to Maggie Gyllenhaal. But other than that this movie ROCKED!

As far as I'm concerned no movie can be bad when you stick Christian Bale in a leading role. Which is why I'm pumped for the new Terminator movie.

I was surprised by how perfectly Heath Ledger (R.I.P.) fit into the part of Joker, and was excited seeing how they chose to make Harvey Dent's transition into Two-Face.
½ April 2, 2015
Great movie. Thought-provoking.
July 18, 2015
Rating: 100%
Absolutely terrific both script-wise and acting-wise, The Dark Knight finds itself with an awesome and realistic performance from Heath Ledger and a fun complex screenplay.
July 16, 2015
It's the best trilogy's film and one of the best super hero films I've ever seen. Everything is good, Bale continues being the most accurate and believable to the character; his characterization is everything Batman should be.

Heath Ledger offers us the best Joker surpassing Jack Nicholson's performance. I enjoy the way the Joker could break the Harvey Dent's spirit and Maggie Gyllenhaal outperforms Katie Holmes.
December 3, 2012
Cast, story, directing, music: all perfect.
July 13, 2015
Christopher Nolan scores again. The dark knight is a Ricky crime drama that delivers thrills on a really large scale.

Heath ledgers joker is the best part of the movie. He gives threats like. If a Pearson is not dead in 30 mins he is go I g to blowup a hospital. Now that's what I call thrilling.this movie is one of the best movies I have ever seen. This movie kept on my eyes glued from the first second. I was pumped. And Christopher Nolan and Heath ledger gave us an astounding film to route for.
This film is a great is a dark gritty sequel. And it explains what's scary about society.joker says he doing this for a reason.joker states in the hospital scene that " If i say a truck of soldiers will blow up nobody panics. But if I say one little citezen will die,well... Every body loses their mind!!!!.

This movie is film that states that what's wrong with America. And that what scary . Our hero mentally challenged learns what's wrong either society.
This is why the dark knight is truley amazing.
I'm going to give the dark knight an a+ plus
December 17, 2007
Perfect. Just perfect. This is on-the-dot the best comic book movie ever. Dazzling, terrifying, and a wild ride. Sir Chris Nolan has created a modern masterpiece, impossible to call anything but epic. And of course I need to add...Heath Ledger as the Joker is one of the most sickest terryfing performances I have ever seen, deliving a knock-out perfect performances of the character. It saddens me that he had to die, he could've been the next James Dean. But he ended his life with his best performance ever. Over-all, this is a 100% movie, incredibly stunning.
½ July 7, 2015
The best Batman to date. Christian Bale is a good Batman, and Heath Ledgers Joker is legendary. Great acting featuring Eckhart as well. Two thumbs up.
½ April 30, 2013
My love for this film has only grown since its release in 2008. I get the hype now.
July 6, 2015
This is undoubtedly and widely considered one of the greatest films ever made. And I agree. Heath Ledger's Joker really carries the movie. Without him, its still a dark and twisted film of awesomeness, but it was Ledger's performance that really made this movie, well, you know, ONE OF THE GREATEST EVER. This is definitely the greatest superhero movie of all time. And I don't think any superhero film will ever be THIS good.
½ July 5, 2015
An Simply Outstanding film. The Joker's performance is so on point by Heath ledger it's unbelievable. A lot of people say this movie is very long but the only time wasted are in scenes like the hong kong bit, other than that, this movie was incredible....a ground breaking achievement in cinema history.
½ June 18, 2015
Why are most Batman movies so much about the director's vision? Tim Burton's dark, brooding melancholic Batman. Nolan's dark, confused Batman. A pure Nolan treat. The characters and their lines are so enchanting - especially Joker and Two Face. Even Batman and Gordon, have some nice quips. But, at the cost of repeating - Heath Ledger is mind blowing. I watched it maybe three, times and every time I find him more and more interesting.
Batman is confused - he wants to be and he wants not to be.
I couldn't help comparing with Jack Nicholson. And given the vastly different treatments, I guess there's still nothing much to choose between them. Both have their "best maniacal" moments - chilling and horrifying.
It might not be a movie we deserve, but for sure it's a movie we need - to escape from the routine fare.
Must watch.
½ September 16, 2014
The Dark Knight is back and better than ever. After following a widely successful start to the trilogy, we get a deeper and more action-packed story of Batman. I want to start off and say that Joker is one of the best villans out there. He is menacing, disturbing, insane, and downright mental. He has that sarcastic, comedic attitude that lunatics have. He is the one that takes humanity and pushes them to their limits. He destroys Gotham from the inside and reveals people for who they are. I feel like this movie isn't completely on Batman, but really on society and how we are as a whole. It demonstrates how we will act when left to our own devices and that deep down, we all have the Joker inside of us. I love the action in this movie. It's way better than the first movie and shows just how powerful Batman is. I think that Batman's universe is just more of a dark and unsettling world overall. The acting from Christian Bale is great along with the supporting cast, but Heath Ledger steals the show. He is phenomenal in the role as the Joker and he gave the Dark Knight Franchise a huge boost here. The screenplay is great and the plot is also really well written. This movie had it's intense and emotional moments and really makes you think about a lot of things in life. It also has some funny moments while maintaining a serious tone. The thing that I really love though is how Bruce Wayne isn't drenched in fame. He is just known as that drunken billionaire that is somewhat of a disgrace to his family name. He sacrifices everything for the good of others and is truly a hero. In the end, it does almost everything perfectly, but it just didn't stick with me as long as it should've because there are a few things that made me scratch my head. But in the end, it's still an amazing movie.
January 17, 2012
Heath Ledger was impecabble, and the immense script felt impressively consistent throughout. Unfortunately, The Dark Knight is overly pretentious and self-important at times, and beats its message over your head too often. Aaron Eckhart did well as Harvey Dent, but overacts as two-face, Batman's raspy voice was unnecessary and laughable, and the "love triangle" between Bruce, Rachel & Harvey was uninteresting to me. The Dark Knight benefits from sharp cinematography, an iconic antagonist, solid action, interesting characters and an epic score, but the gripes hinder me from loving it.