The Dark Knight Reviews

December 17, 2007
Perfect. Just perfect. This is on-the-dot the best comic book movie ever. Dazzling, terrifying, and a wild ride. Sir Chris Nolan has created a modern masterpiece, impossible to call anything but epic. And of course I need to add...Heath Ledger as the Joker is one of the most sickest terryfing performances I have ever seen, deliving a knock-out perfect performances of the character. It saddens me that he had to die, he could've been the next James Dean. But he ended his life with his best performance ever. Over-all, this is a 100% movie, incredibly stunning.
½ July 7, 2015
The best Batman to date. Christian Bale is a good Batman, and Heath Ledgers Joker is legendary. Great acting featuring Eckhart as well. Two thumbs up.
½ April 30, 2013
My love for this film has only grown since its release in 2008. I get the hype now.
July 6, 2015
This is undoubtedly and widely considered one of the greatest films ever made. And I agree. Heath Ledger's Joker really carries the movie. Without him, its still a dark and twisted film of awesomeness, but it was Ledger's performance that really made this movie, well, you know, ONE OF THE GREATEST EVER. This is definitely the greatest superhero movie of all time. And I don't think any superhero film will ever be THIS good.
½ June 18, 2015
Why are most Batman movies so much about the director's vision? Tim Burton's dark, brooding melancholic Batman. Nolan's dark, confused Batman. A pure Nolan treat. The characters and their lines are so enchanting - especially Joker and Two Face. Even Batman and Gordon, have some nice quips. But, at the cost of repeating - Heath Ledger is mind blowing. I watched it maybe three, times and every time I find him more and more interesting.
Batman is confused - he wants to be and he wants not to be.
I couldn't help comparing with Jack Nicholson. And given the vastly different treatments, I guess there's still nothing much to choose between them. Both have their "best maniacal" moments - chilling and horrifying.
It might not be a movie we deserve, but for sure it's a movie we need - to escape from the routine fare.
Must watch.
½ September 16, 2014
The Dark Knight is back and better than ever. After following a widely successful start to the trilogy, we get a deeper and more action-packed story of Batman. I want to start off and say that Joker is one of the best villans out there. He is menacing, disturbing, insane, and downright mental. He has that sarcastic, comedic attitude that lunatics have. He is the one that takes humanity and pushes them to their limits. He destroys Gotham from the inside and reveals people for who they are. I feel like this movie isn't completely on Batman, but really on society and how we are as a whole. It demonstrates how we will act when left to our own devices and that deep down, we all have the Joker inside of us. I love the action in this movie. It's way better than the first movie and shows just how powerful Batman is. I think that Batman's universe is just more of a dark and unsettling world overall. The acting from Christian Bale is great along with the supporting cast, but Heath Ledger steals the show. He is phenomenal in the role as the Joker and he gave the Dark Knight Franchise a huge boost here. The screenplay is great and the plot is also really well written. This movie had it's intense and emotional moments and really makes you think about a lot of things in life. It also has some funny moments while maintaining a serious tone. The thing that I really love though is how Bruce Wayne isn't drenched in fame. He is just known as that drunken billionaire that is somewhat of a disgrace to his family name. He sacrifices everything for the good of others and is truly a hero. In the end, it does almost everything perfectly, but it just didn't stick with me as long as it should've because there are a few things that made me scratch my head. But in the end, it's still an amazing movie.
January 17, 2012
Heath Ledger was impecabble, and the immense script felt impressively consistent throughout. Unfortunately, The Dark Knight is overly pretentious and self-important at times, and beats its message over your head too often. Aaron Eckhart did well as Harvey Dent, but overacts as two-face, Batman's raspy voice was unnecessary and laughable, and the "love triangle" between Bruce, Rachel & Harvey was uninteresting to me. The Dark Knight benefits from sharp cinematography, an iconic antagonist, solid action, interesting characters and an epic score, but the gripes hinder me from loving it.
July 1, 2015
Don't know why it took me so long to rate this
½ September 7, 2011
U either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself becoming a villain
June 28, 2015
Amazingly brilliant film with everything for everyone. While Christian Bale lives and fights crime as Batman, Heath Ledgers performance as the Joker steals every scene he's in, even from the dark knight himself. Personally my favorite superhero film with the perfect film incarnation of the Joker.
June 26, 2015
magnificent performance from the cast
½ June 25, 2015
Heath Ledger's performance as the Joker isn't enough to save this mess of a film. While this may sound insensitive, Ledger's untimely death seems to be one of the sole reasons why this film is held in such high regard. Nolan is obsessed with expositional dialogue and explaining everything to the audience, and does away with the "realism" he so desperately tries to keep intact by having every line be of weighted importance.
½ August 24, 2012
En un panorama donde el cine comercial es aburrido, predecible, y facilmente olvidable, aparece Nolan y replantea los terminos de rodar con gran presupuesto, dejando en evidencia la mediocridad del medio. La cantidad de novedades a todos los niveles es tal que sera inalcanzable durante mucho tiempo, al igual que lo sera su influencia ya que roza la perfeccion en un alto numero de apartados, y en general, este es el tipo de peliculas que la gente quiere ver de estreno, comprar, y volver a ver.

Por otro lado, no es tan buena pelicula, flojea en algunos aspectos y roza extremos peligrosos... pero vista en contexto es un imprescindible.
August 3, 2013
The greatest superhero movie of all time, I don't need to explain why. If you have not seen this what is wrong with you?
½ July 31, 2011
The Dark Knight is easily one of the best films ever made. The Joker here may be different, but Heath Ledger helped make the character stand out. A step down from the first film, primarily because Gotham looked less like Gotham (which it was perfect in the first film) and more like New York City...
½ June 21, 2015
Maybe not the Batman movie everyone wanted, but definitely the Batman movie I needed. It's not without it's flaws... Some of the plot holes are quite jarring actually. However, it's still one of the greatest crime movies ever made. It has a potent mix of high stakes drama, action and emotional depth. Heath Ledger gave us the best portrayal of The Joker to date...and that's coming from a fan of the Jack Nicholson rendition. I believe a good chunk of the credit should go to the strong screen-writing by the Nolan bros. From a writing standpoint, it just doesn't get much better than this and the movie clearly benefits from that fact.

4 1/2 STARS

-J.T.
June 16, 2015
Because there is no Batman movie that can surpass The Dark Knight. If Ben Affleck will fail then let it be cos I still want Bale and Heath to be the best.
June 16, 2015
By far the best Batman movie ever made. While Heath Ledger's Joker is not as close to the source material like Jack's was in the 89 movie, he still is a crazy psychopath that will kill on a whim with a dark sense of humor. Their is not one moment of this movie that I did not like, though I prefer Katie Holmes version of Rachael over Maggie's interpretation (in Begins, Rachael is a kick ass woman who can hold her own in a fight, in this movie she is more a damsel in distress).
March 3, 2012
Replete with moral dilemmas and psychological themes, Nolan's grim and dark masterpiece is both emotionally intense and thought-provoking, vividly portraying a bleak world plagued by chaos and fear.