Was anyone else disappointed?

I'm giving it another watch tonight, but as of now, I was really disappointed by this movie. Not bad, but it didn't live up to my expectations.
Andrew 2.
12-7-2012 01:18 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

TruthTeller

Truth Teller

I was disappointed by The Dark Knight. This one on the other hand was actually really entertaining.

Oct 6 - 10:08 PM

TruthTeller

Truth Teller

I was disappointed by the prequel, actually. This one was really entertaining.

Oct 6 - 10:06 PM

? ??

? ??

It was a bit disappointing for me but I still enjoyed the hell out of it. May not be the best movies of 2012 but it's probably somewhere near top 5 on my list. I also liked it better than Batman Begins, however, The Dark Knight is still the best superhero movie ever made in my opinion.

Oct 5 - 07:41 AM

James

James W

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTSslK2kzn4&feature=youtu.be&t=29s try to watch this scene without laughing

Sep 1 - 08:57 AM

????? ???????

????? ???????

no

Aug 12 - 03:24 AM

Caleb Paasche

Caleb Paasche

It was my favorite movie of 2012, like Jacob below, I didn't think it was as good as The Dark Knight but I liked it more than Begins. So no, I was not disappointed, I loved it.

Aug 10 - 03:26 PM

Jacob Miller

Jacob Miller

It was one of my favorite films of 2012. Not as good as The Dark Knight, but I liked it more than Batman Begins. I can proudly say that I was not disappointing and it actually exceeded my expectations.

Aug 6 - 09:46 AM

zinc alloy

zinc alloy

Watch a Marvel movie and than The Dark Night Rises and you'll see how brilliant it is..............

Aug 5 - 04:44 PM

Jacob Miller

Jacob Miller

That is so true! Nice one.

Aug 6 - 09:45 AM

Tyler Byrd

Tyler Byrd

Best comment ever. Finally someone gets it.

Oct 16 - 04:02 PM

Stefano Dunne

Stefano Dunne

It was brilliant, over-ambitious to a fault but still brilliant. The way it handled themes of social inequality was just spectacular and although it's not as good as the dark knight and does have a number of flaws (not as many as people make out) it's still a sensational film.

Aug 4 - 05:16 AM

jgalvin5

Jordan Galvin

No, for me it was the best film of 2012

Aug 2 - 02:26 PM

Wayne B.

Wayne Bruce

look without doubt batman are the badest movie franchese in hestory of movie universe; and this movey just maked it bader.

why?
let see you bad facter in this movey:

1. bad actor (the actor are not funy and he are look bad and also this movie are racist there are no black actors wtf)

2. racist director (chris nolan is noob and fag)

3. bad graphic (this movey are having bad graphecs for computer generated, good graphec are demonstrated in good movey like "grown ups 2', however, this movey does not look reel, it are look like bad graphec movie and it have bad graphec)

3. badest voice acting in movey verse (no coment)

----
ok see this are badest

Jul 30 - 03:10 PM

Alex Maverick

Alex Maverick

I like the way you troll, boy.

Aug 2 - 10:22 PM

Grand M.

Grand Mesa

No one sent me the memo that Batman blew himself up!!
This is BS! Kick this Nolan guy the hell out of films!

Jun 29 - 09:40 AM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

He doesn't, dumbass. Did you even see the movie? Or are you just reading spoilers off the internet?

Jul 5 - 04:46 AM

Caleb Paasche

Caleb Paasche

You have to be one of the least intelligent people to ever walk the earth. Although calling you a person is a pretty big insult to the rest of us.

Aug 10 - 03:25 PM

CC-2224 Hates Soccer

Commander "Cody" CC-2224 Hates Soccer

Please die for us already.

Oct 15 - 05:50 PM

Grand M.

Grand Mesa

Just watched this "OVERBLOWN" piece of disjointed fodder for the kids. Forget true story line. Nolan and the editor must have been on acid. Good guys and bad guys switching sides. Situations coming out of nowhere. Really an idiotic ending. Batman blowing up and then turns up at an outdoor cafe...........? give me a break!

Jun 29 - 09:38 AM

Luis Enrique Salas

Luis Enrique Salas

For me was excelllet!! The best movie of 2012 for me!!

Jun 27 - 05:31 PM

Nick M.

Nick Mullins

I totally agree!!

Jun 26 - 11:43 AM

Sterling Harris

Sterling Harris

This is not the best Batman of the 3. Totally illogical that Bruce Wayne lose His fortune. Batman never demonstrated his Nija skills or traing. How did he hurt his leg. Have watched movie twice still do not Like i give it 3 out of 5 stars.

Jun 23 - 07:07 PM

Jeff Jones

Jeff Jones

An overlong, uninteresting disappointment. This was a weak end to the trilogy. Catwoman was the only interesting character and there wasn't nearly enough of her.

Jun 21 - 04:24 AM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

Nope. My favorite superhero film.

Jun 19 - 08:04 AM

Mark Briscoe

Mark Briscoe

The cover illustration for this movie shows an all powerful superhero ready to conquer the universe (or at least Gotham city) but the very few action scenes involving 'batman' fighting baddies saw him being beaten up, stabbed and imprisoned. He just about came out on top in the second round of fisticuffs with Bane, but he really could do with a bit of Stan Lee's gamma radiation, i think? For me this wasn't a superhero movie.

Jun 18 - 11:46 PM

Grand M.

Grand Mesa

I'm with you.

Jun 29 - 09:42 AM

Bill Edmunds

Bill Edmunds

Phenomenal film. I've seen it three times and it still has me on the edge of my seat each time. It also has one of the most satisfying conclusions I've ever seen.

Jun 16 - 04:33 PM

Grand M.

Grand Mesa

You need help

Jun 29 - 09:43 AM

Malcolm J.

Malcolm Johnson

The Dark Knight Makes The Occasional Appearance just bored me from start to finish.

Jun 16 - 08:04 AM

Grand M.

Grand Mesa

Here, Here!!

Jun 29 - 09:44 AM

Keon Reza

Keon Reza

It was a great film, but nothing has topped Dark Knight. That was a real masterpiece.

Jun 16 - 02:36 AM

Hayden Koch

Hayden Koch

At first when I saw it in theaters, I thought it was tremendous. For some reason when I watched it at home a few months later it seemed a lot less enjoyable, at that point I could easily see the flaws everyone was talking about. Not a bad movie but definitely far from a masterpiece

Jun 14 - 12:12 PM

Grand M.

Grand Mesa

Far from a 'masterpiece'! More like a con-job

Jun 29 - 09:45 AM

Chase R.

Chase Riser

I dont understand how anyone could dislike it. It had great story (the pit/prison was brilliant), great characters(Bane was almost just as good as the joker), and the stakes were even higher than TDK(Bane ran gotham like a dictatership). In my opinion, it was a more than satisfying close to one of the best trilogies in film history.

Jun 12 - 11:24 PM

Grand M.

Grand Mesa

Bane was a pathetic Sean Connery imitation.

Jun 29 - 09:47 AM

Benedict M.

Benedict McQuarrie

Yes, this movie is awful.

Jun 12 - 02:50 PM

jgalvin5

Jordan Galvin

Nope, it was great

May 26 - 08:31 AM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

No, because I knew that If I expected it to be The Dark Knight then I'd be let down.

Mar 30 - 01:43 PM

ortonfan4eva

Review Man

Batman Begins had the best story.
The Dark Knight had the best characters.
The Dark Knight Rises was the most emotional of the three.
Rises had big shoes to fill because of how great TDK was, and because of this I could see why so many people were disappointed.
I am speaking to those people directly now. Try to watch this movie without thinking about TDK. If TDK was never made and we just had TDKR, how would you feel about it then? Let's not compare Rises to TDK, instead lets appreciate TDKR for what it really is, an epic chapter in the Batman phenomenon.

Mar 29 - 06:11 PM

Grand M.

Grand Mesa

Still............it was a piece of crap but eye candy for the illusioned.

Jun 29 - 09:50 AM

Ben Thompson

Ben Thompson

When I first watched in the theaters, the audio was really bad and every single sentence of dialogue echoed. It really made the movie unwatchable and I didn't really understand most of it. But when I rented it and viewed it a second time, I considered it a visual marvel with sharp dialogue and great characters now that I could fully understand the film. Better than Batman Begins in my opinion but TDK is still the best in the trilogy for me.

Mar 25 - 09:22 PM

Cai C.

Cai Carney

This movie was fantastic in every which way. Can't wait for Man of Steel.

Mar 19 - 11:48 AM

Mackenzie Herren

Mackenzie Herren

This movie was the best of an amazing trilogy. Christopher Nolan at his best.

Mar 18 - 07:04 PM

Grand M.

Grand Mesa

you need help

Jun 29 - 09:50 AM

Rami Nawfal

Rami Nawfal

And you're a very rude asshole.

Jul 6 - 05:57 AM

Kellan Weyer

Kellan Weyer

I was disappointed. Here are some of the reasons:
1. I thought the new character additions were uninteresting. I didn't care for Catwoman, "Robin", Bane, or Talia.
2. I thought the fight choreography was bad, especially during Bane and Batman's first fight.
3. There were several head-scratching moments (Batman getting his back hit back into place, "orphan sense" etc.) that really took me out of the movie.
4. I could only understand about 25% of Bane's dialogue.
5. The movie felt incredibly rushed, as if they were trying to fit 2 movies into one. And yet it still felt slow somehow and there were long stretches where I didn't particularly care what was happening.
6. I thought the dialogue in general was poorly written.
7. It was too long. Just because a movie is long doesn't make it epic.

Mar 17 - 05:46 PM

Grand M.

Grand Mesa

"fight choreography" was pathetic. So much garbage CGI, it was overboard plus things being pulled out of thin air.......insanity but eye candy for the youngsters. Even confused the critics. That's how bad it was. The all must have been wasted when they saw this..........

Jun 29 - 09:54 AM

Migs Rodriguez

Migs Rodriguez

visually great movie. i didnt like the story timeline. TDK and BB are better in my opinion. still love batman though. the only terrible one among the ranks is "batman and robin". the animated features are the best

Mar 11 - 11:48 AM

Grand M.

Grand Mesa

getting to the point where the audience doesn't know the difference between animation and real

Jun 29 - 09:57 AM

Jerry Jacobsen

Jerry Jacobsen

Not me. Watched gain, loved again. Bain: [Painful...] "For you." A new level of villain - and the love in his eyes, the admiration for his young "ward" was just amazing.

Mar 10 - 10:56 PM

Seb M

Seb Moore

yeah, easily the most overrated movie of 2012

Mar 10 - 10:50 PM

Tony Stark

sam varma

you have got to be kidding me

Mar 16 - 01:52 AM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

He's right

Mar 16 - 12:23 PM

Mackenzie Herren

Mackenzie Herren

He probably liked Batman and Robin. I love how he called this movie overrated?.. Have you ever heard of the Avengers? Or Skyfall?

Mar 18 - 06:59 PM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

neither of those are overrated you cunt

Mar 21 - 02:25 PM

Tony Stark

sam varma

ikr

Mar 19 - 04:02 AM

sophisticatedreviews

Caleb Ninja

Yeah, Avengers and Skyfall are overrated.

Jun 29 - 10:24 AM

Grand M.

Grand Mesa

Another piece of garbage from this imitation 'director' that is being pumped up. He needs to be collared

Jun 29 - 10:01 AM

Samuel Choi

Samuel Choi

I was terribly disappointed. There were huge plotholes that even a 3rd grader could point out such as all of Gotham's policemen going into the tunnels when they could have sent a couple of scouts instead. The movie was poorly paced (Especially after the chase scene), the humor was flat, the twist was unnecessary, and there were some questionable decisions batman makes.
Also, shouldn't Gotham be radiated and mutated by now?

Mar 4 - 07:32 PM

Matt S.

Matt Smith

I must have watched a different film. I was thoroughly entertained after seeing it for the first time tonight. I loved the whole trilogy. To be clear, The Dark Knight in my opinion is 2 steps above the rest and is arguably the best comic book movie ever. Likewise, Heth Ledger's performance cannot be matched. Bane was pretty good but it's hard to be outstanding with the mask on I think (P.S. I do love how a business man would get involved with him and expect it to work out well).

In the end, I think this was just a little better than Batman Begins and topped off a fantastic trilogy of movies I'll be able to watch repeatedly for a long time.

Mar 2 - 11:48 PM

Alex Maverick

Alex Maverick

To all the people who said that they thought Batman was "wimpy" in this movie: The dude was out of commission as Batman for eight years and then he was thrust back into it when he wasn't ready. So of course he's going to get his ass handed to him by Bane. It would've been difficult to fight Bane even in his prime, but after eight years of doing nothing, he didn't stand a chance. It wasn't until he trained himself to rise out of the pit that he actually became the Batman that we knew from Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.

Feb 28 - 02:09 PM

Tony Stark

sam varma

totally agree

Mar 16 - 01:52 AM

Grand M.

Grand Mesa

Nolan's screwing it all up

Jun 29 - 10:02 AM

James G.

James Gray

I think Robin was ultimately sad that he never responded to The Batman's come-ons, but I don't think Robin felt as unfullfilled by the relationship as Batman.

Feb 16 - 08:14 PM

John Micheals

John Micheals

I was...

Feb 8 - 01:16 AM

Antonio Zestio

Antonio Zestio

Its the "Return of the Jedi" of the trilogy. Not awful, but not as strong as the other two. Sometimes you have to sit back and just enjoy the fact that its Batman kicking ass and get lost in the "comic book"-ness of the movie. In essence thats what it is: one long comic book, plot holes and inconsistencies, but the hero will win in the end. I think if you look at it in any greater aspect than that, then yeah you will be disappointed. Just have fun with it-like these robots:

http://blip.tv/sarchons-invade-the-movies/the-dark-krust-rises-by-sarchons-invade-the-movies-6495809

Feb 6 - 02:16 PM

Jon Martin

Jon Martin

Where in hell did you see any "comic book"-ness style in that movie? It was a soap opera in the Batman universe, nothing comic booky about that! Might as well have called it : The Dark Knight Cries.

Feb 6 - 09:16 PM

Dylan  J.

Dylan Jones

Okay, Jonathan. Could you just stop bagging on people who liked this movie? You have openly said that you like the Star Wars prequels and you get upset when people say differently. Just fucking stop.

Feb 7 - 02:20 PM

Dylan  J.

Dylan Jones

Dude, could you stop bagging on people who like this movie? Honestly, just give it a rest. It's not like your taste in movies is any better given the fact that you've defended the Star Wars prequels on multiple occasions. And I know you don't like it when you read comments saying that those movies suck. So please stop being so hypocritical and attacking everyone who likes this movie.

Feb 7 - 02:23 PM

Jon Martin

Jon Martin

Excuse me for having an opinion, at least I'm not here attacking people with profanities... And me defending the Star Wars prequels for what they are and not for what fanboys think they should be because they don't know better, oh sorry! I have more knowledge in movies than your little pinky...
And just so we're clear on this, this forum is for people who are disappointed in the movie, so I think I'm in the right place, unlike you on the other hand. I give valid points to support my opinions. I respect that you like the movie, but stop being so butthurt that somebody else expresses his malcontent with facts instead of allegations.

Feb 8 - 11:06 PM

Jon Martin

Jon Martin

And just to elaborate, I disagreed with one this in his statement, the rest I didn't reply on it, because I agreed with him.

Feb 8 - 11:37 PM

Jon Martin

Jon Martin

And just to elaborate, I disagreed with one thing in his statement, the rest I didn't reply on it, because I agreed with him.

Feb 8 - 11:40 PM

Jon Martin

Jon Martin

Excuse me for having an opinion, at least I'm not here attacking people with profanities... And me defending the Star Wars prequels for what they are and not for what fanboys think they should be because they don't know better, oh sorry! I have more knowledge in movies my my little pinky than most people would have in their entire lifetime...
And just so we're clear on this, this forum is for people who are disappointed in the movie, so I think I'm in the right place, unlike you on the other hand. I give valid points to support my opinions. I respect that you like the movie, but stop being so butthurt that somebody else expresses his malcontent with facts instead of allegations.

Feb 9 - 01:00 AM

Dylan  J.

Dylan Jones

It's not just this thread. You just never shut up about it on any thread.

Feb 9 - 02:48 PM

Dylan  J.

Dylan Jones

You never give reasons for why you like Star Wars prequels so don't give me that.

Feb 9 - 02:49 PM

Jon Martin

Jon Martin

Ok you want to go there!
-The prequels were good because the story follows the simple coherence of the rise and fall of Anakin and the repercussions it had in Ep 4-6.
-most of the cast were spot on, minus some (Jake Lloyd in majority). Ewan McGregor portrayed Sir Alex Guinness to perfection! (Saying that McGregor's Obi-Wan was dull and monotone means that Guinness' Obi-Wan was dull and monotone, but nobody will admit that). Liam Neeson did a great job as a sort of rebellious master, he was methodical, calculated and assertive. Sam Jackson for once played a character that is different from all the movies he's done and I applaud him for that! It was nice to see him play a smart, powerful and wise master. Ian McDiarmid portrayed a better Emperor than the one from the originals. Nathalie portman was great in the first 2, but downgraded her skills in the last one, but she was still good. Christopher Lee and Yoda... enough said...
As for Hayden Christensen, he did an awesome job with what he had to work with. Everybody keeps bitching about him being a whiny kid, but the fact of the matter is, that's how most people deal with their emotions and he was great!
-The CGIs are great, but why would anyone not like a visually engaging background? The action in the prequels surpass the original in a big way. Everyone wanted to see lightsaber battles like they were meant to be.
-One of the main reasons why they're so different is because there's no main character (Han Solo) that has no remorse for what he says and does, he's full quick-witted emotions, sarcasm and leaps before looks (most of the time), unlike what the jedis are.
-The plot in easily comprehensible. The reason why they talk and act like they're royalty is because it was in a different era/generation. In the prequels, the universe lived in harmony, kept by the numerous peacekeeping jedi, in a democratic environment. In the originals, the universe was in a dictatorship, so all actions deemed inappropriate is sort of treason against the empire. So prequels showed the prosperity of the jedi order and the people. The original showed tyranny from the Empire, exile of the remaining jedis (Obi-Wan and Yoda that we know of), meaning that they can no longer go about their routine Jedi activities.
The Sith are undermining, backstabber and manipulaters, like we saw in the prequels, but once they have control, they rule with an iron fist!
I may have missed some points, but that the main reason why they are great.
That's my perception and my comprehension of the prequels. They were done appropriately so we could "witness" the fall of the republic and the rise of the Empire and Vader.
So again, for me, that's the way I saw the movies and that's why I thought they were EQUALLY great as the originals.
I hope you're satisfied this time...

Feb 10 - 09:35 AM

James P.

James Phoenix

You lost all credibility the minute you said Hayden Christiansen was good.

Feb 11 - 12:22 PM

Jon Martin

Jon Martin

Why? I saw him do a great interpretation of a conflicted person. Which is what Anakin was, conflicted.
Why would I lose credibility when I'm stating my opinion? It is my contextual perception of what I saw in the movies. You didn't like him, that's ok, that's your point of view, but it doesn't make it a fact. He worked with what he had and it was more believable than Bruce Wayne getting is back fixed in prison...

Feb 11 - 01:09 PM

Jon Martin

Jon Martin

Why? I saw him do a great interpretation of a conflicted person. Which is what Anakin was, conflicted.
Why would I lose credibility when I'm stating my opinion? It is my contextual perception of what I saw in the movies. You didn't like him, that's ok, that's your point of view, but it doesn't make it a fact. He worked with what he had and it was more believable than Bruce Wayne getting is back fixed in prison...

Feb 11 - 01:09 PM

James P.

James Phoenix

Hayden Christian's acting is as robotic as the Terminator. You say he did good with what he had, and that's not saying much. All he did was bitch and complain about not getting his way. He was born as a slave, yet he acts like he was born with this sense of entitlement. He was freed from slavery, trained as a Jedi and he got to bang Natalie Portman, yet all he did was bitch and complain about not getting to be on the Jedi Council. Lucas could've thought of a hundred different ways for us to sympathize with this tragic character and this is how he give it to us?

Feb 11 - 02:23 PM

Jon Martin

Jon Martin

Wow, you're opinion is really shallow and abstract, you watched Red Letter Media, didn't you?
You do realize that all you said was the result of the ideas that Palpatine was putting in is mind? If you didn't get the plot, that's you not having the comprehension skills necessary to get the story, and that's sad...

Feb 12 - 06:37 AM

James P.

James Phoenix

How is it sad that I don't like some dumbass story that Lucas came up with in ten minutes to make a few million bucks? Yeah, I understand that we are supposed to believe that Palpatine put that shit in his mind, but I don't buy the fact that he was turned to the dark side 2 seconds after the guy killed Mace Windu. If that was realistic, Palpatine would've turned every Jedi in a day. And no, I don't watch Red Letter Media, but I probably should considering how much you don't like him. Probably makes him a very smart guy. You go on about the "story" and how great it was, when in reality it was a CGI fest with no substance.

Feb 12 - 04:33 PM

Jon Martin

Jon Martin

That's your take on it and it's fine. You can watch Red Letter Media if you want, but I still think he's a total idiot, lol

Feb 12 - 09:30 PM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

The CGI in the prequel horribly aged, and even then, How does that save a movie?

Feb 13 - 02:14 PM

Jon Martin

Jon Martin

@Lee Don't start this shit again... You didn't like them, so what? You just have that RLM guy's dick so far up your ass it's amazing you can still walk!
RLM gives incoherent and incomprehensible reasons just like you've been doing... it's your take on it and I think your arguments are total BS cause you probably chose to hate it before even ever seeing it.

Feb 13 - 10:16 PM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

My reason for liking RLM reviews are incoherent while you don't even give me a rebuttal? HAHAHAHAHAHA

Feb 22 - 09:18 AM

Jon Martin

Jon Martin

My rebuttal for RLM was meant to you as well since you have the same opinion.
Furthermore, the CGI were not "horribly aged", it was still the best in any movie for the time it came out. Keep piling on those exaggerated arguments...they're still unworthy...

Feb 22 - 10:40 PM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

Jonathan, it's clear you are so retarded that you didn't even know RedLetterMedia praised the cgi in the review. And exaggerated? Once you grow taste, you would realize how shitty the prequels are

Mar 12 - 06:27 PM

Jon Martin

Jon Martin

@Lee Hollow words coming from a master troll! It's funny how a guy like you can lecture someone on not having taste, given the fact that your preferred Sly as Dredd, hahahaha What a fucktard you are...
Maybe I didn't know he praised the CGI, probably from laughing too hard on how ridiculous he is.

Mar 12 - 09:09 PM

Judson Smith

Judson Smith

"Ian McDiarmid portrayed a better Emperor than the one from the originals."

I thought it was the same actor as episode 6

Mar 13 - 02:18 PM

Dylan  J.

Dylan Jones

It was the same actor.

Mar 14 - 12:54 PM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

When did I say I preferred Sly as Dredd, fucking moron. Just because I gave 1995 Dredd 4 stars means I think Sly was better than Urban? youy are a true psuedo-intellsctual fuckhead. Oh, and I'm not a troll, i'm an asshole :)

Mar 14 - 04:47 PM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

When did I say I preferred Sly as Dredd, fucking moron. Just because I gave 1995 Dredd 4 stars means I think Sly was better than Urban? youy are a true pseudo-intellectual fuckhead. Oh, and I'm not a troll, I'm an asshole :)

Mar 14 - 04:49 PM

Jon Martin

Jon Martin

@Lee that cleared everything up, thanks :)

Mar 14 - 08:56 PM

Jon Martin

Jon Martin

@Judson and Dylan, I was referring that the way he portrayed the Emperor in Ep. 6 was, well at least for me, inferior to the the Palpatine he portrayed in the prequels.

Mar 14 - 09:07 PM

Jeff P.

Jeff Walken

Wait a minute, Jonathan. Did I catch you using the H word up there?

Feb 23 - 04:08 PM

Jon Martin

Jon Martin

@Lee Hollow words coming from a master troll! It's funny how a guy like you can lecture someone on not having taste, given the fact that your preferred Sly as Dredd, hahahaha What a fucktard you are...
Maybe I didn't know he praised the CGI, probably from laughing too hard on how ridiculous he is.

Mar 12 - 09:08 PM

Tony Stark

sam varma

i love this movie and the starwars prequels too!

Mar 16 - 01:54 AM

Rated NCC-1701

Rated NCC-1701

@Johnathan Martin, I agree with you, but I tend to think of all the criticism in the vein of "forget it Jake, it's the internet".

Jun 19 - 07:54 PM

Jon Martin

Jon Martin

Thanks, at that time, I thought I would make a stand, but the ignorant surpasses the cognitive in numbers here, lol

Jun 21 - 05:27 PM

Jason Lees

Jason Lees

Just watched it a 2nd time, hoping I would get more into it, but yeah I was still disappointed. Jarbled dialogue, boring and forced plot twists, watching Bruce Wayne/Batman struggle with his identity and spend half the movie recovering from wounds and getting beat up...lame. And there's a villain that can finally "outfight" Batman and is threatening to KILL millions of ppl but Batman still won't use a gun or any other gadget besides his dumb "pop-pops" lol??!They should have found a 6'7"+ muscle head to play Bane anyways to really show his physicality and that Batman CANT outfight this guy. The comics had him as nearly a giant basically, and looked cool as f*ck. I love Tom Hardy but just cuz u pack on muscles and GET TO WIN the fights doesn't mean it's believable.

Feb 5 - 12:52 PM

Tony Stark

sam varma

ha... saw this 5 times,skyfall 4 times although it was good and not that great, avengers 13 times cause it was completely awesome

Mar 16 - 01:57 AM

Diego Tutweiller

The Artist Formerly Known as Tutweiller

1) The Dark Knight
2) The Dark Knight Rises
3) Batman Begins
9,000,001) Batman and Robin

Feb 4 - 09:08 PM

Chase The Lost

Chase: The Lost Trollfighter

heh heh

Feb 5 - 09:45 AM

Tony Stark

sam varma

nice one

Mar 16 - 01:55 AM

Ben Thompson

Ben Thompson

The theater where I watched TDKR had a real bad audio, so I really didn't understand half the movie. Hopefully, I'll be able to appreciate it more when I watch it clearly on DVD

Feb 4 - 12:37 AM

Tony Stark

sam varma

the theatre where i saw it had amazing quality the seats could be bent a lot... the sound was amazing and the screen was awesome with amazing 2k projection

Mar 16 - 01:56 AM

Alex Nunn

Alex Nunn

I was. That's not to say it was a bad movie "per-say" but honestly I wasn't blown out of my mind.

Feb 3 - 06:12 AM

Andrew 2.

Andrew 222

Agreed completely.

Feb 9 - 07:30 PM

Sarah Markell

Sarah Markell

the film sucked... I fell asleep

Jan 31 - 06:20 PM

Saetre

Saetre Saetre

I was actually a bit surprised of how good it was. Judging from photos and trailers I expected this to be shit. It's still the weakest film in the trilogy though.

Jan 31 - 06:09 AM

Andrew 2.

Andrew 222

I actually loved the trailers.

Feb 9 - 07:30 PM

Chase The Lost

I thought the film was pretty solid. I find that the biggest issue when dealing with The Dark Knight series is that fans and critics alike unintentionally, (myself included), have a tendency to compare this film with the damn near perfect second installment. When that happens, I feel that the flaws of Rises become more evident. With that being said, that notion could either make this a mediocore film or an underrated film. That's where the conflicting opinions stem from.

Jan 30 - 01:33 PM

Jon Martin

Jon Martin

I get what you're saying, but The Dark Knight, well for me at least, was good, only because of The Joker, he made that movie memorable and worthy of being an "instant classic", other than that, it was not mediocre, let's just put it at above par.

Jan 30 - 09:16 PM

Chase The Lost

That's actually true. However, I'm sure that had Heath never died, we would be seeing a lot more installments in this series including entries would blow us away.

"I think you and I are destined to do this forever."

lol I'm guilty of being a Dark Knight nerd.

Jan 31 - 11:43 AM

Jon Martin

Jon Martin

I totally understand your point of view. He made The Joker out to be what we remembered, so that's why I thought it was great. But TDKR was very much mediocre as it fail to recapture that magic, instead we got a soap opera in the Batman universe.

Jan 31 - 11:21 PM

Malay Agarwal

Malay Agarwal

the movie was, overall, good.......but yah at some points I too was disappointed.....the only prob. with batman is that he gets too much beaten up........but this movie had the awesome tech it needed........the evil villain........and yes the girl....not to forget that.......!!

Jan 30 - 03:14 AM

Timothy Junkins

Timothy Junkins

I'm not going to say "disappointed" but I was let down by a couple of elements:

1. The time frame made my head spin. 7 years of training (According to Begins) 1 year fighting crime (According to DKR) and 8 years in hiding (According to DKR). This version of Batman wasn't a "Crime fighter" in the sense of stopping Bank robberies or Muggings, but he was focused on large scale threats. I think for a grounded as the series was supposed to be, I could have used a bit more everyman crime fighting, instead of a career where he stops 3 major events.

2. Catwoman wasn't well represented. I understand the subtlety and chemistry between Bruce and Selena as a long time fan of the comics, but without that knowledge the romance seems rushed and out of place.

3. Gotham is screwed, I get it, please trim 20 minutes of depression of of the movie.

Seriously though, its a quality film. Memorable actions scenes and dialogue. A killer performance from Tom Hardy and a brave choice considering the crap role Bane got in Batman and Robin. It's a tough sell following The Dark Knight but its a worthy successor and trilogy endcap. Now please PRETTY PLEASE put the DC Universe back in 4 color so we can have an Avengers style, Darkseid fighting JLA movie.

Jan 29 - 12:02 PM

hadisyd

Mike Richards

To me it wasn't really a difference from the previous ones.

Jan 27 - 04:46 AM

hollis m.

hollis mills

people are so stupid, i havent read one good argument on why you idiots hate it.

Jan 26 - 02:10 PM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

Look up Ramboraph4lifes Dark Knight Rises rant on youtube

Feb 2 - 06:27 PM

Jon Martin

Jon Martin

You know you have to read the posts to actually find an argument, right?

Feb 4 - 06:59 AM

hollis m.

hollis mills

um hey idiot, didnt you read my post all the way through ?guess ya didnt , now fuck up

Feb 6 - 06:38 PM

Jon Martin

Jon Martin

Well, you can say you read it, but in fact ignored the decent arguments...

Feb 8 - 11:28 PM

Andrew 2.

Andrew 222

How mature! Calling everyone who didn't like it an idiot. I don't hate this film but the people who do have come up with fine reasons. It's their opinion.

Feb 9 - 07:32 PM

Jon Martin

Jon Martin

I don't recall calling everyone who liked the movie an idiot. Yes they have their own opinions about the movie, but most of them would not elaborate why... some did though and that gives justice to their arguments.

Feb 10 - 11:59 PM

Andrew 2.

Andrew 222

I was talking to Hollis haha. You did nothing wrong Jonathan.

Feb 16 - 10:03 AM

Jon Martin

Jon Martin

You have to reply to him then, lol

Feb 18 - 03:28 PM

Jason Lees

Jason Lees

There's lots of decent arguments actually. And no one said they "hated it" anyways. Lol who's stupid?

Feb 5 - 12:35 PM

hollis m.

hollis mills

shut up pot head

Feb 6 - 06:37 PM

Andrew 2.

Andrew 222

Even more mature. When someone proves you wrong you call them a pot head.

Feb 9 - 07:33 PM

Jacob Holland

Jacob Holland

Wow! This movie was just awful! My advice to anyone who hasn't seen it yet is to either leave your brain in the closet before watching, or get a group of friends together and ridicule it's bevy of errors.

Jan 21 - 02:20 PM

Omar Mir

Omar Mir

Care to elaborate on what you thought was bad?

Jan 22 - 01:39 PM

David Gilmer

David Gilmer

They never do, pal.

Jan 26 - 08:47 PM

Terri Royce

Terri Royce

Pretty good flick, but I could've have done without the Selina character. She was a terrible character - nearly ruined the film - and an incredibly bad actor to boot. Other than that, it's solid and I recommend it to anyone interested in this type of genre. Good action scenes and Christian Bale is excellent.

Jan 20 - 07:49 PM

hollis m.

hollis mills

wow, you probably prefer batgirl from the 60's

Jan 21 - 01:27 PM

Terri Royce

Terri Royce

Well, the fact that batgirl was imprisoned with men said it all.

Jan 22 - 06:21 PM

hollis m.

hollis mills

that was catwoman...

Jan 26 - 02:08 PM

Terri Royce

Terri Royce

Pretty good flick, but I could've have done without the Selina character. She was a terrible character - nearly ruined the film - and incredibly bad actor too boot. Other than that, it's solid and I recommend it to anyone interested in this type of genre. Good action scenes and Christian Bale is excellent.

Jan 20 - 07:47 PM

Dave Robson

Dave Robson

Also, to anyone that ever has a gun placed to the back of your head,don't take catgir-er-womans advice. A kick the shin, knee, or wherever she threw that low kick, would just get your head blown off.

Jan 20 - 05:06 PM

Dave Robson

Dave Robson

Highly disappointed. Had more plot holes and nonsensical actions than any other Batman movie I can remember.

Jan 20 - 05:04 PM

Alex Maverick

Alex Maverick

Clearly you've never seen Batman & Robin.

Jan 21 - 08:52 AM

Odysseas Johnny Roubos

Odysseas Johnny Roubos

Crap. only good thing about it, Bane.

Jan 20 - 09:05 AM

Jon Martin

Jon Martin

Pretty much felt the same way...

Jan 20 - 03:58 PM

Terri Royce

Terri Royce

Yeah.

Jan 22 - 06:22 PM

Terri Royce

Terri Royce

It had it's moments, but I prefer the Frank Miller version. Was it me? Or did Batman seem kinda wimpy? He seemed to rely to much on hid gadgets to save the day.

Jan 22 - 06:27 PM

Jason Lees

Jason Lees

Yeah Batman spent half the movie in a winge...identity crisis, recovering from wounds, getting beat up, he didn't do shit really except fly the bomb over the water at the end. Rest of the movie he spent running away from sh*t LOL.

Feb 5 - 12:38 PM

Jon Martin

Jon Martin

I completely agree with you you. Not saying it's Bale's fault or anything, cause he's a great actor, I'm saying that Batman in this movie was a complete pussy! Never have I saw or heard that B-man had given up on something, he would always persevere and was determine to battle evil, no matter what the cost. What I saw in this movie, he gave up like he was trying to bake a cake, failed, got frustrated and walked away. But then got a pep talk from Martha Stewart and boom! He's back to fight crime and evil, but then leaves again because he's tired and blablabla... but if you look at the whole trilogy, there was only 3 conflicts that happen as Batman. So to conclude, yes he's a bit of a cry baby, lol

Jan 23 - 10:26 AM

Wesley Briggs

Wesley Briggs

you must be one tough dude if a guy who gets his back broken by a maniac, then climbs his way out of a dungeon, to go back and beat the shit out of that same maniac, is someone you call a cry baby. I loved and hated this movie. I love the batman character, he's presented as a man, not a superhero, a man who uses technology, whit, and his bare fists to fight villians who the cops can't contend with. Bane is the ultimate villian because not only is he outsmarting batman the whole movie, but he breaks his back and makes it look easy. I hated catwoman, you've got two badasses using brute strength and years of martial arts training to kick ass, and she's a skinny high school drop out that can beat people up more easily because she took karate lessons(or whatever)? and the miranda tate plot twist was infuriating because it stole all the badassness that bane was built up with and put a huge hole in his back story, besides that, again i'm supposed to believe this skinny model is some sort of killer? but seriously though, how can you call batman a pussy in these movies? I challenge you to duplicate the most mundane of his acts in any of these three films. seriously, try to break into a bar wearing a costume and fight your way through the bouncers to threaten a mob boss. Or pick a fist fight with a steroid freak mercenary ninja (bane). and in what scene did batman ever walk away?

Feb 21 - 09:23 PM

Jon Martin

Jon Martin

I was referring to the timeline of the trilogy. He only stopped 3 "major" conflicts in 15 years. The fact that he says he's tired of it, without actually seeing (other than what we saw in the movies) what he did besides saving Gotham 3 times. So we can't really relate to it.
Secondly, if Bane would have broken his back, he would probably be paralyzed, having a vertebrae punched back into place is completely implausible.
And the scene that I was referring is at the end of TDK, then 8 years passes by and he's pretty much a cripple. He gave up because they agreed he was "suppose" to. I'm pretty sure Batman would have never agreed to that, lol.
Now I'm just saying, you stated " I love the batman character, he's presented as a man, not a superhero, a man who uses technology, whit, and his bare fists to fight villains who the cops can't contend with." Then you must have liked The Punisher movie? (The first one with Tom Jane, no the one with Ray Stevenson.)

Feb 24 - 01:46 AM

Chris Quigley

Chris Quigley

This, I'm disappointed to report, is easily the weakest of the Batman movies from the Nolan trilogy; so much so that I am genuinely amazed that it even managed to secure 87% on Rotten Tomatoes. I honestly thought Nolan would produce an epic finale to his wonderful Batman universe but I remember leaving the cinema utterly baffled at how Nolan ever allowed himself to promote this movie as an 'epic conclusion.' It is anything but; bland, lethargic and completey un-inspired action/set-pieces (with the notable exceptions of the mid-air heist and the football field explosion), cliched plot devices straight out of a student's screenplay textbook, exposition-heavy dialogue, and some of the least credible and lazy situations/dialogue of any of the Nolan Batman movies ensure that this effort never comes close to acquiring anything resembling 'epic' status. So many things feel out of place in this story (the B-movie nuclear bomb exploding at the end felt like I was watching another movie altogether - some tacky Michael Bay effort). And the whole cliched use of the race-against-the-clock bomb scenario? Really, I mean really? So many one-liners fall flat on their face: the corny, unnecessary line uttered by Batman (in his gruff you-don't-know-who-I-am voice despite the fact that he was alone, and speaking to himself) when Selina Kyle disappears from a rooftop ("so, that's what that feels like") beggars belief and facilitates a complete disconnection from the plausible reality alluded to in the previous two movies. That line, bad though it was, is nothing compared to the cheesy one-liner used by Catwoman as she arrives just in the nick of time to dispatch Bane in one of the least satisfying and lazy ends a villain has ever met on the big screen. The subsequent chase scene as Batman pursues the bomb is so lethargic, empty and utterly pointless (easily out-shined by the subway chase in the previous installment) that the incredulous conversations that take place while Talia utters her last words and Batman casually hears her out (despite there being under two minutes to nuclear detonation) before flying the bomb away in his aircraft (although not before swapping saliva with Catwoman and cryptically alluding to Gordon that he was Bruce Wayne - all this with seconds to nuclear detonation) seem comparatively urgent and exciting. And just preceding all of that mess is the much vaunted 'epic' fist fight between the cops and mercenaries - all 30 seconds of it. The actual line uttered by Batman as he stands toe-to-toe with Bane just before a badly choreographed punch-up (eclipsed by the far superior confrontation in the sewers near the middle of the movie) on the steps of city hall makes one wonder if Nolan ever wanted to make this movie in the first place. For nearly two thirds of this film (the first two thirds) Nolan actually goes someway to convincing the audience that he has once again delivered a masterful slab of movie making with Bale delivering his most effective and emotive turn as Bruce Wayne yet. And yes, there is much to admire about Rises, but it never exceeds, or even equals, the credible coherence and authentic sense of accomplishment that accompanied TDK and BB. Indeed, by the time the credits start to roll (and after witnessing the final clunky 25 minutes) there is a sense of relief in seeing the movie hobble over the finishing line, but not before all the story arcs are 'pulled' together in 5 minutes of majestic Hans Zimmer drum rolls and emotive strings with a typical Nolan voice-over/multiple-scene edit that provides some degree (at least) of closure to a mostly superior series.

Jan 20 - 08:21 AM

Gurudeep Singh

Gurudeep Singh

Suppose the Dark Knight was never made, this particular movie will go down as the best ever. For the fact that dark knight was made doesn't make the DKR a disappointing watch. If you truly understand the movie it is about a fallen super hero who is coming in-terms with himself where as the second installment was about a Superhero who was ready for action. I never compare movies and for me this will go right up there with LOTR-3 and deathly hallows -2

Jan 18 - 02:17 PM

Gurudeep Singh

Gurudeep Singh

Suppose the Dark Knight was never made, this particular movie will go down as the best ever. For the fact that dark knight was made doesn't make the DKR a great movie. If you truly understand the movie it is about a fallen super hero who is coming in-terms with himself where as the second installment was about a Superhero who was ready for action. I never compare movies and for me this will go right up there with LOTR-3 and deathly hallows -2

Jan 18 - 02:16 PM

Nick M.

Nick Mullins

Yeah totally

Jan 18 - 12:55 PM

Grand M.

Grand Mesa

This and the previous Batman were pretty much a pile of shit. So disjointed , I doubt there was even a script.
Nolan is completely over rated and one who completely messed up a franchise including Warner Brothers Studios.
Both movies truly 2 piles of shit.

Jan 9 - 07:44 AM

hollis m.

hollis mills

shut the fuck up bitch nigga

Jan 11 - 06:31 PM

Andrew 2.

Andrew 222

Hollis, you're an idiot.

Feb 9 - 07:34 PM

Andrew 2.

Andrew 222

Really?

Feb 10 - 07:32 PM

Alex Maverick

Alex Maverick

Your favorite Batman movie is probably Batman & Robin.

Jan 13 - 08:19 PM

Terri Royce

Terri Royce

Plus, somehow, a 113 pound model in 3 inch heels could somehow beat up several 200 hundred pound in the space of three seconds. And, how Batman could recovered from a broken back in less than a day.

Jan 22 - 06:34 PM

Cody H.

Cody Halpert

It actually took him a few months to fix his back. People don't grow full beards in a day.

Jan 24 - 08:50 PM

David Gilmer

David Gilmer

Yeah, unless you have incredibly testosterone levels, i doubt you could get beards in a day. Get Real!!

Jan 26 - 08:48 PM

Typhon

Typhon Q

What part did you find disappointing? I feel that the only way this could be disappointing is if you went in expecting something as good as or better than the Dark Knight.

Jan 7 - 03:07 PM

Andrew 2.

Andrew 222

Well, I found most of it to be okay but disappointing. I have posted my reasons somewhere below.

Jan 8 - 02:43 PM

Ami Brodak

Ami Brodak

ABSOLUTELY disappointed in this "film". It was, in a word terrible, in every way I can think of. It was two hours of watching the death, discouragement and torture of a hero, while watching the glorification of evil. Every other scene was the pointless gratuitous destruction of something good in this movie, how sad (is this not happening enough in the world that we have to make movies about it!). Instead of providing us all with a hero at a time when we could use the inspiration, the director focused the entire movie on the all powerful evil "Bane" while we watched Batman, who am I mistaken when I say is who the movie is supposed to be about, wallow in discouragement, pain and torture. The psychology of the evil guy and how great he would become was not what I was interested in when I paid for this movie.I'm boycotting him! Yeah, it all works out in the end, but the end didn't justify the means in this movie for me. Not even entertaining in my book, just way, way too much focus on evil and how great it is.

Jan 5 - 11:34 PM

Alex Maverick

Alex Maverick

I can respect your opinion, but what part of this did you find that glorified evil and how great it is? Batman defeats Bane and almost dies to save Gotham. In my opinion, that sounds more like good stopping at nothing to overcome evil.

Jan 8 - 10:38 AM

aya47

BQXHCHBWK4CT Miller

I'd say it's not perfect. I love this movie to death, don't get me wrong. The concept was great, Bane is easily the best villain of the year, and one of my all-time favorites (though I still love Joker more), and the ending tied everything together remarkably well as well as provided some decent fanservice (though, I will admit, it's a bit implausible). On the other hand, it's filled to the brim with plot holes & inconsistencies, the bait-and-switch with Bane still enrages me to this day, and you could very easily make the argument that Bane is a one-dimensional villain if ever there was one. Talia Al-Ghoul (sic) killed the movie for me because of the shameless shoehornment and what became of Bane after she was revealed as the true villain. She didn't need to be added, but hey, movies are "better" if they throw in a plot twist for good measure. Give me a break.

To me, though, those are minor issues. I can see why some people are starting an uprising and rebelling against this movie, but I continue to stand with it and support it, despite its flaws.

Jan 2 - 05:22 PM

Andrew 2.

Andrew 222

I'm perfectly fine with that. It's great to see someone who loves the movie, but also acknowledges its implausibility.

Jan 2 - 10:22 PM

Wesley Briggs

Wesley Briggs

I couldn't agree more.

Feb 21 - 09:27 PM

Geraldo Gallardo Trujillo

Many try to compare this film to The Dark Knight, and there's the big failure of the audience and citics: they are not the same kind of movie, each of the three are different, and they should be rated as stated. This one was more than i expected, and i loved it. I rate the Dark Knight films for what they are suppose to tell, in this case the end: and it did it quite awesome. And the Dark kngiht, as middle part of the story, did also very amazing, and Begins as the start, also very amazing. For me, there are not dissapointments.

Jan 2 - 12:08 PM

Andrew 2.

Andrew 222

I only compare it to The Dark Knight and Batman Begins because those movies proudly ground their stories in realism, while (in my opinion) TDKR doesn't, and as a series, it felt inconsistent and disappointing in that sense to me. I don't compare it to those movies in any other way, unless someone else does just to continue a conversation.

Jan 2 - 10:25 PM

What's not so realistic in TDKR?

Jan 12 - 12:04 PM

Andrew 2.

Andrew 222

I'll just list the scenes that struck me as implausible: the opening scene, Bane surviving the plane. How Bruce falls 20 ft (at the end of TDK) and is paralyzed for 8 years, but when he gets his back broken, he's only paralyzed for a couple of months. How Bruce is able to get back to Gotham without any given connections. How Bruce gets back to Gotham so quickly and in time for the bomb, but he's also perfectly healthy and everything. The ending, if that explosion took place in TDK, Bruce would've been killed easily.

I know there are unrealistic plot points in Batman Begins and TDK, but I don't feel there are as many. I respect your opinion though, and thanks for replying calmly and without meanness.

Jan 15 - 01:18 PM

Oliver Judd

Oliver Judd

To me it just repeated everything The Dark Knight did, except without as much atmosphere and with underwhelming villains. Not a horrible movie, but not great either.

Dec 29 - 10:19 AM

Jon Martin

Jon Martin

Actually, it was a repeat, but if you look closer, it's the exact same story line as Batman Begins. Batman training for a comeback, League of Shadows trying desperately to mulligan their failure from the last encounter, Batman getting new allies, etc.

Dec 30 - 08:47 PM

Jillian Allen

Jillian Allen

I think that it was actually pretty good, but The Dark Knight was better in my opinion, but i respect your opinion too.

Dec 28 - 01:13 PM

jaugusti

Janice Augustine

I didn't see it when it came out, so I was excited to see it from Netflix. Both my husband and I were extremely disappointed. It was too long and very slow in many places, we had to keep changing the volume up and down, we couldn't make out a lot of what the characters were saying. There were many plot holes (how does someone stand up shortly after having a vertebrae pushed back after protrusion? How did Batman get back to Gotham so quickly after being in the farthest corner of the earth (where the pit was)? Just ridiculous. We enjoyed both Anne Hathaway and Joseph Gordon-Levitt's characters and performance more than anything else in this movie. Guess Nolan is setting us up for a "Robin" movie?

Dec 28 - 05:23 AM

Grand M.

Grand Mesa

Yes, amazing when Bale puts on the Batman costume, all of a sudden it's like he's talking with shit in his mouth.
It seems that Hollywood is lacking for any capable sound men. They all must be deaf!

Jan 11 - 05:12 AM

Andrea Proctor

Andrea Proctor

This movie blows on just about every level. Every cliche in the book was thrown at the screen. Its such a mess I'm convinced Nolan either lost a bet or he was pulling a prank on the audience. And if 'Jason Cook' really writes for TV, it explains why so much of television sucks.

Dec 27 - 11:58 AM

Seb M

Seb Moore

it was bombastic mess. easily the most hyped and overrated movie of the year

Dec 26 - 05:21 PM

Seb M

Seb Moore

it was bombastic mess. easily the most hyped and overrated movie of the yeat

Dec 26 - 05:20 PM

hadisyd

Mike Richards

this is good, but the dark knight was better.

Dec 26 - 04:58 PM

Maurice Melvin Moran

Maurice Melvin Moran

Terribly disappointed. It's Rocky Balboa in batsuit vs. Ra's Al Ghul 2. There's no new story here, move along.

Dec 26 - 06:58 AM

Andrew 2.

Andrew 222

Haha that's what I thought. Batman has all of this futuristic weaponry that could easily overpower anything.

Dec 26 - 11:09 AM

Stan DaMann

Stan DaMann

This film was terrible. I am a Batman fan, and the original Keaton film with Jack Nicholson was one of the 10 best films of all time. But this one was crap, in so many ways. We had the modern film villain, who is such an evil monster that he becomes campy and comical, like Frankenstein in the 1930s. It has horrible sound and editing, with so many unintelligible mutterings and hard to hear whisperings. It has cliche ridden crap for dialogue. It has the worst Batman actor ever, the ever smug and arrogant Christian Bale, whose attitude of "I'm beautiful and you're not" permeates every role he has played. The plot is also full of tired cliches, with his best friend (Alfred) leaving him in his hour of crisis, with the predictable sappy ending, with the pathetic completely unrealistic fight scenes with Bane..... The pace was very slow and made it a boring action movie, which is difficult to do. The only left hand comment I can make is that it was slightly better than the pure garbage that was the previous Batman. What a sad waste of a great character.

Dec 22 - 10:32 AM

Chase R.

Chase Riser

The DArk Knight Rises was a way better film than Batman, but I respect your opinion.

Jun 12 - 11:41 PM

Raye C.

Raye Chase

I thought it was a boring mess, not good at all. I thought it was going to be at least intriguing but not at all. I did think if Anne Hathaway and Batman/Bruce Wayne had moments but Bane was a joke, sounded like a bad jeopardy Sean Connery, there was not real metamorphosis with Bruce Wayne is was like blah.

Dec 19 - 12:52 PM

Noah Abraham G.

Noah Abraham Goucher

I'm probably one of the few people who honestly believes that this movie was better than its predecessors. Is it perfect? Of course not. But it was a ridiculously fun film, and it had a lot of emotional heft to it unsurpassed by any superhero film (I cried for God's sake. CRIED). Also, while Heath Ledger's performance is no doubt superior to Tom Hardy's, Bane is quite simply a better villain than the Joker. He's more threatening, more interesting (to me), complex and compelling, even a little sympathetic. I love the Joker, but he is a bit of a shallow character compared to Bane (which isn't a bad thing, it's just not AS GOOD of a thing.)

But to each their own.

Dec 15 - 11:35 PM

Ocram Immorto

Ocram Immorto

XD that's EXACTLY how I felt. I even thought this was better than TDK (not that TDK is bad it's still fantastic), but I still find Batman Begins to be the best and most original.

Dec 16 - 11:11 AM

Andrew 2.

Andrew 222

I disagree on the Joker, I think Bane was an alright character but I didn't feel he was all that threatening and could do really any more than The Joker. What held me back was the voice, I honestly couldn't get over it. The scene in TDK with Joker telling his stories were absolutely riveting to me, and Bane (in my opinion) wasn't really that rich of a villain. And I didn't think that twist was necessary either.

But thank you for being respectful of my and others opinions.

Dec 17 - 07:39 PM

Noah Abraham G.

Noah Abraham Goucher

I'm probably one of the few people on Earth who loves Bane's voice with no reservations (excluding the plane scene).

Dec 23 - 06:04 PM

Andrew 2.

Andrew 222

That's pretty fair. I think the plane scene was probably the worst in the film, and I couldn't stand Bane's voice. For the rest of the film it was just okay for me, it didn't seem threatening to me but it was much easier to listen to without laughing than the first scene.

Dec 26 - 11:11 AM

aya47

BQXHCHBWK4CT Miller

I actually liked it best in the plane scene. Admit it, you, like every other human being, have done the coffee mug trick.

Jan 2 - 05:24 PM

Andrew 2.

Andrew 222

Sorry, maybe I'm just forgetting something, but what exactly is the coffee mug trick haha?

Jan 2 - 10:27 PM

Elvis Maduro

Elvis Maduro

Agreed with you Noah. Watched it again and immediately felt it was the best of the series. I really think this movie takes a 2nd watch to really appreciate it. Its like Anchorman to me. I thought the movie was retarded the first time I saw it. The 2nd time I watched, it became one of my favorite all-time comedies.

Dec 26 - 11:32 AM

Jason Cook

Jason Cook

Nothing was wrong with this film other than too many kids or grown men watching that have the mind set of a child. Speaking as a film and TV writer I can say this was one of the best written films of the year and should get respect but America as a whole has way too many people that like fun over story. TDKR most underrated film of 2012 right next to Master

Dec 14 - 10:19 AM

Andrew 2.

Andrew 222

I honestly was sort of offended by that. To call this an amazing movie is fine, but to call it a flawless movie is another story. I wasn't disappointed in terms of fun, I was fairly entertained, but the film (here is where I disagree) was written poorly. The overabundance of side-plots as well as supporting characters whose only purpose was to deliver dialogue that explained what's happening, the inexplicable unrealism, and some twists really bothered me.

And how's the movie underrated? Most people love it, The Master (which I loved) got lots of praise too.

Dec 17 - 07:02 PM

algreen99

AL Green

Andrew, opinions can't be wrong. Jason enjoyed it more than you did so get over it. Saying you're "offended" is honestly a bit too dramatic. Also, you called it Flawless...he didn't. He said (one of the best written films of the year)

Dec 19 - 12:09 AM

Kerrie Salsac

Kerrie Salsac

I suspect Andrew's problem may have been Jason's assertion that those who don't like this film are childish. There's nothing dramatic about being offended by a personal attack. Defending the film from critics is one thing but doing so by attacking others is another.

There are any number of reasons to like or dislike this film. I quite liked it simply because it kept me hooked throughout however my flatmate was disappointed, not least by the script itself which he described as indulgent and rambling. Also, stating that nothing is wrong with something is to call it flawless.

Dec 20 - 10:57 AM

Andrew 2.

Andrew 222

Al, where did I say he was wrong? When I say the film isn't flawless, I meant that there were actual flaws, not that he was wrong by saying it was a great movie.

Kerrie summed it up well, Jason jumped to a false conclusion by saying that anyone that was disappointed by the film "have the mind set of a child", which is undeniably wrong and disrespectful. And he did technically call the film flawless when he said "nothing was wrong with this film".

Dec 20 - 01:24 PM

Andrew 2.

Andrew 222

Al, where did I say he was wrong? When I say the film isn't flawless, I meant that there were actual flaws, not that he was wrong by saying it was a great movie.

Kerrie summed it up well, Jason jumped to a false conclusion by saying that anyone that was disappointed by the film "have the mind set of a child", which is undeniably wrong and I think over-reacting. What you're saying I did is actually what I'm saying Jason did, being disrespectful of other's thoughts.

And he did technically call the film flawless when he said "nothing was wrong with this film".

Dec 20 - 01:26 PM

algreen99

AL Green

"I" said opinion can't be wrong and I'm sticking to it. Jason thinks those who didn't like the film have the mind of a child and that's his opinion. And it is my personal opinion that to get so hurt about what Jason said is too dramatic. I personally liked TDKR better than TDK but can vilify & nit pick them both equally if I wanted to.

Dec 23 - 02:56 AM

algreen99

AL Green

"I" said opinions can't be wrong and I'm sticking to it. Jason thinks those who didn't like the film have the mind of a child and that's his opinion. And it is my personal opinion that to get so hurt about what Jason said is too dramatic. I personally liked TDKR better than TDK but can vilify & nit pick them both equally if I wanted to.

Dec 23 - 02:57 AM

Andrew 2.

Andrew 222

How is being offended too dramatic? Saying that anyone who didn't like it is childish is rude, that's not an opinion-related statement.

Dec 23 - 02:51 PM

aya47

BQXHCHBWK4CT Miller

In his opinion, he thought it wasn't overlydramatic. (See how this gets circular?) He was disagreeing and was offended by being called stupid for enjoying the movie yet understanding its weaknesses.

Jan 2 - 05:27 PM

Elvis Maduro

Elvis Maduro

Agreed with Jason. I watched the movie again last night with headphones and subtitles on because I had a hard time in theaters catching all of the dialogue. After the 2nd go through, I came out thinking that the movie was the best in the series. It was well balanced and each actor did a fantastic job. No one in the movie completely outshined the whole cast like Ledger did in TDK. Ledger did a phenomenal job but I think he dominated the movie so much, it took away from actors like Bale and Gylenhaal. The only person that could even hang with Ledger when sharing the screen was Oldman in the interrogation. Everyone else just had the scene stolen from them. Regardless, all the movies were fantastic.

Dec 26 - 11:25 AM

Gregory Pearl

Gregory Pearl

i thought it was too forced...not enough character development either. thought they could've done more with Catwoman than just making her a sidekick...kind of pissed me off actually. it's not a terrible movie, but it's not the epic that everyone seems to have made it out to be........just sayin'

Dec 13 - 03:04 AM

DaDa Castro

DaDa Castro

I have so much to say to those giving the movie anything close to a thumbs down, but I am not even going to bother.........

Dec 11 - 03:09 AM

Andrew 2.

Andrew 222

@DaDa I'd be interested in hearing. I respect your opinion but I thought the movie was a disappointment. Fine but, nowhere near flawless.

Dec 11 - 01:00 PM

Olivia Bennett Holmes

Olivia Bennett Holmes

Sorry Bane, but there's not a villain in the world that could top Heath Ledger's role as Joker. I mean he bombed a hospital...who could back that up?lol So in this case, I had low expectations of this movie, so I thought it was really good. Following up the perfection of 'The Dark Knight' was highly unlikely...so I wasn't disappointed at all. (My opinion, of course)

Dec 10 - 12:34 PM

Jack Treese

Jack Treese

Not trying to provoke an argument here... but did you forget about Bane crippling Wayne Enterprises, releasing all of Gotham's criminals back to the streets, and closing Gotham City off from the world including but not limited to blowing up a football stadium and several populated streets? Yeah, Joker blew up a hospital but you can't write off the destruction Bane caused. I do respect your opinion though.

Dec 13 - 07:12 AM

Ocram Immorto

Ocram Immorto

XD if Joker managed to escape and go into hiding, he'd probably give Bane a great big hug. And Bane would be like -__-

Dec 16 - 11:14 AM

aya47

BQXHCHBWK4CT Miller

Bane would be more of
. / \ .
(IlI)

Jan 2 - 05:29 PM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

I think what Olivia is getting at here Jack is the difference is style. Yeah going out and beating down Mike Tyson is on the surface more impressive, but it takes a special kind of evil to go out and punch a twelve year old girl in the face on Christmas while robbing a church donation box. Some people will look at that and say Mike Tyson is better. Those are the Bane people. Some will say Girl and Church is more evil. Those are the Joker people. I think one thing that isn't in dispute for the most part is the acting performance was better from Ledger, though Hardy did have the disadvantage of the mask and voice which I feel probably inhibited what he could do.

Dec 25 - 02:23 AM

Elvis Maduro

Elvis Maduro

Disagree completely.

Dec 26 - 11:27 AM

Frank Cabanski

Frank Cabanski

Nicholson's Joker made Heath's look pathetic.

Dec 26 - 04:17 PM

Stefanie Beaudin

Stefanie Beaudin

I expected it to be good, not great, but at least enjoyable despite my feelings towards the so called catwoman character.

After viewing it, I was simply horrified to have wasted 3 hours to watch something that was so boring! A lot of plot holes, a character (catwoman) who could have been anyone with any name and nothing would have changed in the story. She was a thied for hire plain and simple. Bane was good for his role, if it wasn't for his cruelty and all, it would of been an even worse movie. My problem was actually understanding what the hell he was saying, for that I thank the subtitles options, otherwise I wouldn't have understood half his conversations.

I know the comic as a part time reader, but was open to the changes that Nolan made, but by far this one felt very very short. I didn't expect it to be a masterpiece, but I expected to be at least entertained, which I was not.

More than happy to have not seen it in theater, wasted money!

Dec 10 - 10:00 AM

Jason Cook

Jason Cook

I don't think you understood the movie as this film had no plot holes. I write TV for a living and one of my jobs is to look for plot holes while reading or watching a script/film and TDKR was near perfect. I think you were just bored which is why you did not like it. BTW if you knew anything about the character of Catwoman you would know Nolan did her justice.

This film is great on many levels and most people have no idea what the clear messages even are sadly. TDKR was very anti left/Obama and made great points about where America is headed in the next decade. You should watch it again but think of it as more than just a comic book film but more of a political crime drama as that is what it is. Even Nolan said so

Dec 14 - 10:27 AM

Zack Yancy

Zack Yancy

‚??With all the films, myself‚?¶ my co-writers, we try to be sincere about writing situations that would frighten us, that would concern us, things that I suppose we absorb from the world around us. We never want to be overtly political in any sense," says Nolan...

Dec 22 - 05:21 PM

Zack Yancy

Zack Yancy

"Chris wrote a fictional story that didn't have any political thoughts in mind, so it's like art or something you know, it's all in the mind of the beholder," Freeman said.

Dec 22 - 05:29 PM

Andrew 2.

Andrew 222

Was that in an interview?

Dec 23 - 02:51 PM

Frank Cabanski

Frank Cabanski

The problem was the twist that made Bane nothing but a hench man. If Batman really had to work to beat him, and if Bane mattered at the end, then the movie would have been better.

Dec 26 - 04:18 PM

Kip Hobson

Kip Hobson

I just watched it for the first-time on blu-ray and was bored to death. So many plot-holes, so many slow scenes, and i had a hard time understanding what the villain bane was saying half the time. Just really disappointed. Also I have no idea how you could sit through the whole thing at the movies without a toilet break or two...

Dec 8 - 11:26 PM

Andrew 2.

Andrew 222

I actually did have to get up a few times and go to the bathroom since the movie was almost 3 hours haha.

Dec 9 - 05:22 AM

Kip Hobson

Kip Hobson

Yes so did we lol. Also about halfway through we stopped it just to have a break and started working on a Christmas menu to cook together. 10 minutes later we sat back down for the last hour to finish it off. Just not my cup of tea I suppose... I probably overanalyse these things anyway.

Dec 9 - 02:22 PM

Andrew 2.

Andrew 222

I'm not really for just one genre and I didn't love the movie. I actually saw the movie with my younger sister who's a big fan of the first two and she didn't like it that much either.

Dec 17 - 07:33 PM

Jason Cook

Jason Cook

I don't think you understood the movie as this film had no plot holes. I write TV for a living and one of my jobs is to look for plot holes while reading or watching a script/film and TDKR was near perfect. I think you were just bored which is why you did not like it. BTW if you knew anything about the character of Catwoman you would know Nolan did her justice.

This film is great on many levels and most people have no idea what the clear messages even are sadly. TDKR was very anti left/Obama and made great points about where America is headed in the next decade. You should watch it again but think of it as more than just a comic book film but more of a political crime drama as that is what it is. Even Nolan said so

Dec 14 - 10:28 AM

Andrew 2.

Andrew 222

I look at all of the Nolan Batman films as more than just comic book films. They all have a unique realism to them, as well as great messages (which I did pick up on).

And I wouldn't say there were that many plot-holes, but there was a lot of gaping unrealism that bothered me

Dec 17 - 07:25 PM

Andrew 2.

Andrew 222

I look at all of the Nolan Batman films as more than just comic book films. They all have a unique realism to them, as well as great messages (which I did pick up on).

And I wouldn't say the film really had plot-holes but gaping unrealism was there that just didn't make sense within the series.

Dec 17 - 07:31 PM

Dave Robson

Dave Robson

Sigh...You are paid to look for plot holes and you think this film had none. I'm prstty sure that, if you are an honest person, you should give the money back. This film was chock-full-o-plot holes. How did Gordon know who Bane was( nobody adressed him by name in is presence)? Why did Gordon know Batman was needed again( because two crimes had been comittes in Gotham)? How did a leg brace fix Batman's bad shoulders and kidneys? How did the cops i the sewers eat, stay warm, drink, shave, stay clean, treat the multitude of diseases you would get staying in a swer in the middle of winter? How were tese same police officers in shape for a fight of their lives after all that? How did Gordon survive the truck wreck that killed what's her name, without a scratch? How did future Robin know who Batman/wayne really was... oh yeah, he saw it in his eyes. More holes in this movie tha a block of swiss cheese.

Jan 20 - 05:21 PM

Ben Hunt

Ben Hunt

1. The CIA agent at the beginning knew who Bane was, His character isn't a secret.
2. Have you not seen the rest of TDK trilogy? Or are you just being stupid on purpose. Gordon knows evil is rising in Gotham and knows The Batman is the only one that can stop it... derrrrrrr
3. It wasn't just a normal leg brace as you could see in the film, it was built with Wayne Enterprise Technology that helped to fix his leg. Most of his problems were psychological anyways.
4. It showed special forces going into Gotham to give the remaining police food and water to bring down to the cops in the sewer. Again this was shown in the film.
5. Gordon surviving the truck crash was supposed to be comic relief.
6. Blake found out who Batman was the same way that Time Drake from the comics finds out, from doing old fashioned detective work.
I think you should give the movie another chance, you must not have been watching the first time.

Mar 1 - 09:59 AM

Anirudh Menon

Anirudh Menon

dude, the fact that you think that this film had no plot holes coupled with fact that you're a TV writer just decreased your credibility as a TV writer, i mean, i'm sorry if that was offensive but TDKR had a HUGE amount of plot-holes, rightfully pointed out by Ben. If anything, just answer this simple question, how did batman get from a supposed "hell-hole-in-the-middle-of-nowhere to Gotham without a)money b)proper clothes c)shoes and please don't give me an answer along the lines of ," Because he's batman" because that's just a BS excuse and you know it.

Mar 10 - 10:47 AM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

Hear

Dec 8 - 10:48 PM

Jon Martin

Jon Martin

I totally agree with you Andrew! I loved how they introduced him, then how he managed it, but this last installments really, and I mean really left me in a stand-still. It was lacking, disappointing and empty in almost every single way. I do applaud the cast for trying, as it was one of the best to be put in a movie, but I am very unimpressed with the script and story. For me, it felt like the exact same story as Batman Begins, but with a different antagonist. So by the end, I felt bored out of my mind!!! Everything was so predictable except for one thing and I'm not going to spoil it for other readers. That was the only thing that made me want to stand up and applaud, just because that the only thing I never expected to happen. I did not want a repeat of The Dark Knight, where Ledger was the best thing in that movie, I was looking for a solid story and a solid conclusion. Instead I found a clunky, over-dramatized soap opera that "featured" Batman and his world...

Dec 8 - 12:30 PM

Jason Cook

Jason Cook

Dec 14 - 10:28 AM

Jon Martin

Jon Martin

My point exactly!! It wasn't a comic book film, it was a soap opera to give relevance to the direction that America is going. That I got.
But for the first part of your argument, I completely disagree. Plot holes galore, no depth to the new characters (especially Selina Kyle/Catwoman and "Robin"), it was predictable from start to finish (Except for the big twist at the end where B-man gets stabbed). I get what your saying though, if you're a movie buff, this trilogy is for you, but if you're a Batman buff, say away from it.

Dec 14 - 12:56 PM

Ocram Immorto

Ocram Immorto

Funny, cause that's how The Walking Dead show is compared to the comic. I think the way Nolan handled this trilogy and conclusion was brilliant, and I'm just a casual Batman fan. May I remind you though that this is just a realistic interpretation of the Batman franchise, not exactly as it is envisioned from all of the comics. So characters like Killer Croc, Poison Ivy and Clay Face do NOT exist in Nolan's Batman universe.

Dec 16 - 11:20 AM

Andrew 2.

Andrew 222

That's a spot where I thought TDKR fell short, the realism. Batman Begins and TDK were shockingly very realistic comic book films and I thought TDKR was very implausible with how everything played out.

Dec 20 - 01:31 PM

Jon Martin

Jon Martin

Yes I do know that it was made to be more realistic, but come on, most of the movie was mediocre at best.

Dec 17 - 10:41 PM

Ali Mehdi

Ali Mehdi

Well I am in the same boat as you. On my first viewing the third act really disappointed me and I walked out of the theater underwhelmed. But having seen it again on Blu Ray I can say that the experience does get better on 2nd viewing. Scenes from the first act that appeared to be cryptic on the first viewing start to make sense and everything else also starts falling in place. I also felt that the more emotional scenes like Alfred's goodbye pack more punch the second time around and don't feel nearly as forced as they did earlier. Also a lot of the perceived plotholes get cleared up because you notice that the film makers did give explanations for most of them, even if they were given in a blink-and-you'll-miss-it type way. I think Nolan's excessive reliance on cross cutting is also partly to be blamed for the climax falling flat on first viewing. There is just so much going on that it is really difficult for you to keep track and you end up being exhausted more than anything. I felt that being already familiar with the basic structure of the storyline I was able to really delve into movie, on my Blu Ray viewing and truly appreciate the incredibly detailed universe Nolan has created. The bottomline is while I would have given the film a 6/10 score when I came out of the theater, it has since increased to 8/10. It might work the same way for you, then again it might not.

Dec 7 - 10:38 PM

Andrew 2.

Andrew 222

@Ali I didn't like it any more or less on another viewing. I still was annoyed by the script issues and unrealism, the insane run time, and I honestly didn't fine Bane to be that threatening. I had less of a problem with him during this watch than my first viewing though.

Dec 8 - 05:18 AM

Ali Mehdi

Ali Mehdi

If its any consolation I understand your frustration completely. When I first saw the movie there was nothing else I wanted more than to come out of the theater loving it to bits. However I was appalled by how disappointed I was by it. I think part of the reason was that my expectations were so high that the film never really stood a chance of meeting them. I guess the second time I was so sure I was going to be disappointed again that it made my judgement of it a tad less harsh.

Dec 8 - 09:04 AM

Andrew 2.

Andrew 222

Same. It was my most anticipated film of all of 2012, and there was no way, even if it was great, that it would live up to those expectations.

Dec 8 - 11:41 AM

Ocram Immorto

Ocram Immorto

Nothing, and I mean nothing can ever live up to anyones expectations when it comes to wanting certain things to be in an upcoming film, or what other people thought of it in terms of their own interest. This film was by no means a masterpiece, but is was very well done and a brisk spectacle if you ask me. 9.3 for me.

Dec 16 - 11:23 AM

Andrew 2.

Andrew 222

@Marco I was actually very satisfied with Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 and I'd been waiting for it for around 9 years. I respect your opinion though.

Dec 20 - 01:34 PM

Raul Cantillo

Raul Cantillo

No, i liked it, really enjoyed it, and i liked the similarity to Batman Begins in a few aspects. Good movie, i would recommend it to anyone.

Dec 7 - 03:34 PM

Andrew 2.

Andrew 222

I agree it's good but I was still very disappointed. Hopefully I'll like it more on the 2nd viewing.

Dec 7 - 04:14 PM

Jack Treese

Jack Treese

I actually went to see the film expecting disappointment, but left the theater overwhelmed by how terrific it was. I really enjoyed it personally.

Dec 8 - 05:11 AM

Andrew 2.

Andrew 222

I wish I liked it as much too. After watching it again, I can't say I really liked it any more or less.

Dec 8 - 05:15 AM

Jack Treese

Jack Treese

It's cool. I can understand why viewers would be disappointed by the movie. However by the time I finally got to see it I was nothing less than pleased with it. It was a very lengthy movie and I could concede that some scenes were entirely unnecessary, but overall it was certainly better than most other films I saw all year. It definitely isn't The Dark Knight, and I think that's why a few of my friends don't like it.

But you know, to each their own. I respect everyone's opinion when it comes to movies. :D

Dec 13 - 07:17 AM

Ocram Immorto

Ocram Immorto

Aye, as much as I thought this film was an epic underrated conclusion, and that I thought it was going to be the better film than The Avengers this year. I have to say, Marvel prevailed further this time around in what the film was going to be. But both films are great, Avengers is great on a technical and comic book level of achievement. And TDKR is great on a story line, performance based and conclusive achievement of Nolan's vision of the Batman universe in terms of politics and psychology.

Dec 16 - 11:30 AM

Andrew 2.

Andrew 222

Believe it or not, I found The Amazing Spider-Man to be the most enjoyable superhero film this year, and I find it weird because that was the one I was least looking forward to.

Dec 17 - 07:35 PM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile