Should There Be a Sequel or Spin-off Movie?

In my opinion, I think this film had finished this trilogy in the best of ways from connecting the events from Batman Begins and the Dark Knight is well done, but do u think John Blake's character desirve some further explaination or how Selina Kyle's character became to be like a Batman Begins version for Selina Kyle. Others say The Dark Knight Rises needs a sequel or leave it the way it is as one of the best action films of this year. Do u think this trilogy is acually done yet...for the characters.
Lenin Plazas
12-30-2012 10:20 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Paul Hayes

Paul Hayes

As long as clowns are willing to spend money on reboots or reimaginings of great movies then nothing truly original will be made. What ever happened to creating a new character, not based on books or comics like Indiana Jones or the lads from lethal weapon or the frickin terminator. Gives originality please. As for tdkr, good film, not a patch on the other two though.

Jul 26 - 12:36 PM

President Pedro

President Pedro

No, the last scene sums up what happens perfectly. Sure, it be nice to see Joe as Nightwing or Robin, but that be overkill and probably uninterested. The series rests in Nolans hands, and he's done.

Apr 29 - 07:15 PM

Hunter Primm

Hunter Primm

What it needs, is a directors cut. Never thought I would say that for a Nolan movie, but it feels a little empty without some of the stuff that's missing.

Apr 20 - 05:44 PM

Matt S.

Matt Smith

I never read comics but loved these films. Seemed to me they were setting up a Robin movie at the end there in a not so subtle way.

Mar 4 - 01:22 AM

Jed

Jed Groff

I think this is a good place to stop. No sequels/spin-offs required.

Feb 14 - 08:35 PM

Tony Stark

sam varma

no more shitty reboots .... they should start off with the justice league!

Feb 9 - 09:57 PM

John Micheals

John Micheals

It needs a reboot, and that's exactly what they're doing.

Feb 8 - 01:18 AM

Antonio Zestio

Antonio Zestio

This is the closest to a sequel you will ever get:

http://blip.tv/sarchons-invade-the-movies/the-dark-krust-rises-by-sarchons-invade-the-movies-6495809

Feb 6 - 02:00 PM

Dylan  J.

Dylan Jones

If they do a spin off, Levitt should be Nightwing and be in the Justice League movie. But that won't happen.

Feb 2 - 04:12 PM

Geraldo Gallardo Trujillo

Geraldo Gallardo Trujillo

I think they should stay like they are now: ended. No spin-offs, no sequels, nothing.

Jan 2 - 12:05 PM

Ryan White

Ryan White

as much as i'd like to see a sequel or spin-off and as bad ass as it probably would be i think they should just end it there it was amazing anyone who doesn't think so is wrong. Batman will come back for the justice league then a new trilogy will start which is the way it should be i guess

Jan 1 - 08:01 PM

Jon Martin

Jon Martin

It's ironic that Batman Begins was great because of the originality and direction Nolan went with it. Dark Knight was great because of the villain, again, new direction, but it worked out pretty good. (Because of Heath Ledger's performance of course) But TDKR was mediocre, overrated and overhyped at best. I do commend Joseph Gordon-Levitt (Though I thought his best movie this year was Premium Rush), Tom Hardy (Even though we couldn't hear a word he was saying) and Michael Caine (Let's face it, Caine is the shit), but the rest, and I'm being generous, were boring and uninspiring. Nolan had the cast to pull off a convincing and great conclusion but went and spoiled it with too many plot holes while trying to loop those plots.
So that being said, reboot Batman, without Nolan (cause he dropped the ball), cause you can do dark realistic story without losing the integrity and composure of the original story line.

Dec 31 - 09:44 PM

Alex M.

Alex Maverick

Fuck Premium Rush.

Jan 3 - 09:01 PM

Dave M.

Dave Mart

The most idiotic thing I've heard someone said in years.

Jan 15 - 12:46 PM

David Gilmer

David Gilmer

You don't get on the internet much, do you??

Jan 26 - 08:51 PM

Jon Martin

Jon Martin

Yes it was! Also I forgot to add Looper as the other great movie he did this last year.
TDKR was one of the most overrated movie of last year. If you guys like it (@ Alex and Dave), good for you guys, but doesn't change the fact that the movie was dull, uninspired, overlonged and had too many plot holes.

Jan 27 - 08:33 PM

Lenin Plazas

Lenin Plazas

Okay I THINK that people who loves and respects all the trilogy movies should writer their opinions, but people who dislike it don't just crush other people's energetic enthusiasm about the film. If anyone wants to write something negative about this masterpiece then just talk to Rex Reed.

Feb 1 - 09:20 PM

Jon Martin

Jon Martin

I respect your opinion, but I completely disagree that this ISN'T a masterpiece, far from it. I loved the cast and it had potential, but by the end, I felt cheated... and that's my opinion, if you don't like it, go suck you thumb in the corner.

Feb 3 - 04:06 PM

Daniel Schumacher

Daniel Schumacher

The storyline in TDKR was easily better than the storyline for either of the other two. Ledger did a truly amazing job as the Joker, but other than that, the second film was largely lackluster in my opinion. The third movie had everything you could ask for: good acting, a solid plot, 2 or 3 unexpected twists (that weren't hokey), and of course, a lot of action.

I'm not sure where these perceived 'plotholes' are that you speak of, but it would seem likely that you just didn't understand something that was explained logically.

Feb 2 - 11:11 AM

Jon Martin

Jon Martin

Please, don't assume that I didn't understand the plot. It was lacking and B-man was portrayed as a complete pussy... Really not the Batman I remembered growing up. So again, so with the prejudice and let people have their opinion.

Feb 3 - 04:03 PM

James Mitchell

anders peter

you are an idiot. just sayin

Jul 8 - 08:51 PM

Find us on:                 
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile