WHY WASN'T THIS UP FOR ANY OSCARS?????

Batman Begins was up for 1 Oscar, The Dark Knight was up for even more (I forget how many), but this film did not receive ANY OSCAR NOMINATIONS WHATSOEVER!!!! Seriously? The Best Visual Effects nominees are The Hobbit, Life of Pie, Prometheus, The Avengers, and Snow White & the Huntsman, but no DKR? How is it that a Snow White movie that only got a score of 49% on RT be on the BVE nominees list, but not a thrilling, potent action film like this? IT JUST DON'T ADD UP!!!!
Jed
02-14-2013 08:34 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Nick Pirrelli

Nick Pirrelli

Because it sucked donkey ass?

May 11 - 12:46 PM

Gimhana Fernando

Gimhana Fernando

TDK was up for 8,and won 2.This could have easily been up for about 4-5 award nominations, and should have taken out sound mixing and sound editing.Visual effects?No, Life of Pi >>>>>>>>> TDKR.Cinematography?Again, LoP >>>>>>>>>>>>> TDKR.Score?Same story,but the movie was disqualified as were the previous two installments.Apart from that,no other nominations deserved.

Mar 2 - 12:20 AM

Chris Upton

Chris Upton

A lot of people don't think it's that much of a movie. At least not compared to first two films in the trilogy. Also the Oscars are pretty much a popularity contest as evidenced in the recently leaked Oscar Ballot paper.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/race/oscar-voters-brutally-honest-ballot-422546

Feb 21 - 09:42 AM

Josh Beach

Josh Beach

I believe that there was too much political content in the movie that the folks that run The Oscars didn't like.

Mar 5 - 02:21 PM

Steven Potgeter

Steven Potgeter

Perhaps. I don't know what you saw but to me it seemed like they made Bane like an Occupy Wall Street leader. Exaggerated of course.

Mar 8 - 09:47 AM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile