Critics Consensus: The Dark Knight Rises Is Certified Fresh
Christopher Nolan's final Batman film is sprawling, ambitious, and emotionally satisfying.
Also opening this week in limited release:
- Salute, a documentary about the politics surrounding the 1968 Olympics in Mexico City, is at 100 percent.
- The Well Digger's Daughter, a drama about a laborer in Provence whose child has an affair with a wealthy man on the eve of World War I, is at 93 percent.
- The Queen of Versailles, a doc about how a billionaire family is affected by the economic recession, is at 90 percent.
- Takashi Miike's Hara-Kiri: Death of a Samurai, a drama about an impoverished warrior who confronts a feudal lord with his plan to commit ritual suicide, is at 81 percent.
- 30 Beats, starring Paz de la Huerta and Jennifer Tilly in a comedy about a group of New Yorkers' romantic entanglements in the midst of a heat wave, is at zero percent.