The Dark Knight Rises Reviews

August 31, 2012
Rise of The Dark Knight movie of the greatest movies in this film could genius director Chris Nolan to present the greatest epic ever known cinema
July 8, 2015
The emotional journey of Begins and the gripping action sequences of Knight sees Nolan's finale of the caped crusader rise to thrilling heights.
½ October 27, 2014
This is Christopher Nolan's finale for the Dark Knight trilogy. In short, this movie contains some great action, emotional moments, and a dark story. I'll start off by saying that almost all the acting is amazing. Christian Bale still does a phenomenal job as Batman and Bruce Wayne. Anne Hathaway does an excellent job also playing the role of Cat-women. Her character is cunning, sexy, and a thief. She shows that even though she has a mysterious side, she has a caring heart as well. Tom Hardy was also awesome. I don't need to say no more because he's good in everything he is in. Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Michael Caine both share some great moments of their own and were used perfectly in this movie. A few others (Marion Cotillard) weren't the best at times which derailed from the movie a bit. Speaking of derailed, the script definitely falls short at times and doesn't make sense for half the movie. *Spoiler: But the movie clearly stated Bruce Wayne had no cartilage in his legs along with 10 other conditions that would leave many crippled. The movie gets rid of that problem with BS in 15 seconds and disregards it.* The script has some holes and lacks at times which can take my attention away from the movie and start to question everything at hand. This movie is darker for sure and I love seeing chaos erupt as the city of Gotham falls. But 1. *Spoiler: Batman returns because of his ability to do push ups, sit ups, and pulls ups for 3 months.* and 2. How are there 3000+ cops in one city? It's things like these that make me not like this movie as much. But still, this is an epic send off for Batman. By the end, I was getting emotional, sad, and happy at the same time, but that doesn't change the fact that they tried to go all out and fell a little short. In the end, this is probably my second favorite Batman movie out of the 3, but is still an epic journey of the sacrifices and choices that the Dark Knight had to go through.
December 11, 2012
Many people have problems with this movie, but you have to admit its pretty damn good. The cinematics were wonderful and brought back batman as wonderfully as they could. Some things were drawn out and maybe not explained, but it was still a good movie. In this movie he comes back from a injury from the dark knight and can still kick ass. We meet bane who was portrayed way better than in Batman And Robin and Talia the daughter of Ra's Al Ghul or batman teacher. A bomb threatens to destroy the city and stuff goes down. No more spoilers go watch it and enjoy it.
½ June 18, 2015
You need either very good FX/action (like Enter the dragon/Die Hard), or a great story(Truman Show, Fight Club) or brilliant direction(Memento) to make an extremely watchable movie. And when you have all three, it might come close to this movie. Nothing much is added to the characterizations. Bane is banal compared to Joker. Catwoman is unnecessary.
But there's lot more action. A much better story. And a taut screenplay. Direction: the scenes of Wayne trying to escape the prison were well shot, you do want him to escape, and his final gesture on escape is probably the best part of the movie. The opening left for sequels is much more stronger than in the previous two movies, though we know it won't be made.
Must watch.
November 4, 2012
Firstly, lets start with new series villain, Bane. A heavily-muscled, deep-voiced Tom Hardy gives the trilogy a hulking antagonist which matches Batman - no, surpasses Batman - in sheer physical strength, size, and presence. Batman has to adapt to a much a physically superior opposition who looks near unbeatable. Bane is a very watchable villain, with Tom Hardy doing an excellent job at portraying someone who's emotions have to come from the eyes, and not a lot more.
Among those back for the threequel include Morgan Freeman's Lucius Fox, and Michael Caine's Alfred (who has a much more prominent role to play in Bruce Wayne's story this time around). However, two new characters have stand-out roles as Anne Hathaway takes on an athletic, dangerous Selina Kyle, aka Catwoman, and Chris Nolan favourite Joseph Gordon-Levitt plays good-hearted city cop John Blake, a character whose story arc is almost as interesting as Christian Bale's Bruce Wayne.
Ah, Christian Bale. The main man who has been the backbone of a star-studded trilogy, and has given a stand-out performance in every one. Without him, I don't believe the series would be the same, so lets give credit where its due.
Which also needs to be given to Christopher Nolan. His fantastic action sequences and directorial presence - which is a fairly obviously felt throughout - alone give the film a positive which is greatly needed. However, the epic, sweeping finale is the stand-out, edge-of-your-seat moment of an incredibly good film, Bane's army against Gotham's good guys.
It must be said, also, that a few surprises are in store after this outstanding climax.

IN SUMMARY: A fitting ending to one of the greatest, highly-recognised trilogies of all time.
½ March 23, 2012
Nolan concludes this epic trilogy in a spectacular way. The movie is fun, touching and very suspenseful.
½ January 6, 2012
After multiple viewings, the plot holes seem more evident, and all the issues come to light, but nevertheless it doesn't lose all the magic of the first viewing
½ June 29, 2015
A very good superhero film, but rather inferior to the other two parts of the trilogy.
June 24, 2015
Most flawed series ever. How can any of the criminals not figure out who the man is? He is rich, he has gadgets, lives in Gotham, someone already ought to have pictures or video of batman and it can't be that difficult to narrow down, especially since his lower facial features are visible.
February 11, 2012
Making a movie better than The Dark Knight is hard to do, especially since that movie is my favorite of all time. Christopher Nolan didn't try and top his masterpiece...he made a completely new one. The Dark Knight Rises is one of the most emotionally powerful comic book movies I have ever seen. The acting, writing, cinematography, directing, visual effects, scale, pace, score, tone, everything is fantastic. This movie features the best acting I have seen in a comic book movie from all of its ensemble cast, singling out Christian Bale playing the best Bruce Wayne ever, Gary Oldman playing the best Gordon performance ever, Anne Hathaway for pulling off one of the most unique Catwoman incarnations ever, and Tom Hardy's Bane which mad every scene he is in some of the most intense scenes in comic book movie history, and maybe movie history. Sure, its two predecessors may be better directed, but the experience of this movie is truly unforgettable. The slow burn in the beginning leads up to one of the most intense second halfs I have ever seen, with a climax that leaves me breathless every time I watch it. It is one of the best third movies in a trilogy ever, and one of my favorite movies of all time. 10/10
½ July 29, 2012
Nolan did find the best way to end an epic trilogy.
½ July 20, 2012
I really didnt like this movie very much... The story was completely stupid and irrelevant. The part when bane first saw batman was pretty good, he beat the shit out of batman.. Although, they obviously met again and the story turned. Batman beat him up lol "STUPID"... the part with the bomb was fucking retarted. No one cares about a movie with a bomb in it. Because obviously the good guys will prevail... The only other thing I would like to say is, dont waste your money on this movie in the Theatres
½ November 2, 2010
I got back from a screening of this film in London, Uk. It was quite an interesting experience. One way to describe this film, is that, it was not the film that I was expecting to see. It was different than anything Nolan's done before to be honest . His film definitely feels like a blend of what we saw with "Batman Begins" and "The Dark Knight", with a few new ingredients thrown in. Below, is a spoiler free review, which I will l not go revisit to make changes ever. You will also get to hear my honest and true thoughts.

There are many great things about this film, but there are also quite a few flaws that it has. A few plot holes took my notice (Not Massive ones, mind you), and I have a feeling that the other hour or so of footage that Nolan had to sacrifice or edit out may have actually contained vital information for the story that could have saved or at least rectify some of the errors accompanying these holes. The pacing is quite different than what we were previously accustomed to, and I do feel like the balance between fast paced action and slow moving drama was not as well done as it was in the previous batman film. Another thing that some critics (IGN in particular) have noted is that you do not always get to see the regular citizens of Gotham City like you did in "The Dark Knight". Since the film is about the working people, it seems only fair to get to see them more often. Also, a few issues and loose ends stay unresolved, but really I think one can just assume this, and understand the implications of these actions.

Now, a big issue alot of people have been complaining about....BANE. Yes, he is not the Joker. NO VILLAIN IS LIKE THE JOKER FOR THAT MATTER. Yes, he has a mask that muffles his voice. You know what though? He is a damn good character. Tom Hardy also does a great job making the character work without even seeing his mouth move, by utilizing the effectiveness of his eyes, body movement, speech patterns etc. Bane is a memorable character in my eyes, and while The Joker from "The Dark Knight" (as well as Heath Ledger's performance) will always top the list of Batman villains on film, Bane is still a brutal, scary character, and he is not undeveloped. Also, Ledger's death may have changed plans for the third film (theres no denying the speculation that he was to appear in this one if he was still with us), and while I missed him, him not being here, did not affect the film that I watched. So get over it people.

Anne Hathaway was incredible and I liked Catwoman in this film. The rest of the cast were great, particularly Michael Caine, who gave this moving performance in one scene that really made me feel kind of sad.

Christopher Nolan joins a very large group of filmmakers who released their most prominent films post 2000 AD (these include Darren Aronofsky, Duncan Jones, David Fincher and a whole barrel of others), who have managed to gain major respect and admiration for what they do. None of them are perfect and all of them have their fanboys and haters. I think Nolan is brilliant director, who understands his characters and themes, and how to have the action service the story. He and his brother Jonathan and Writer David S. Goyer, have worked on the narrative arc of this amazing story in the trilogy. I definitely think that this film should end as it is. Batman should be rebooted for another franchise (not in the same way that "The Amazing Spiderman did I hope). Amazing Cinematography by Wally Pfister (as always), a brilliant and very memorable score by Hans Zimmer,great stunt work, excellent special effects, good editing, a thoughtful and (for the most part) well written screenplay and wonderfully acted by the cast of actors make this film one of the best films of this decade (so far).

As for where I rank it in the trilogy...Probably on par with "The Dark Knight" but maybe a bit less in the future.

EDIT:

After months of leaving the film hanging in my thoughts, I actually think it is not as good as I remember, but I still like it very much.
June 16, 2015
Not the best Batman movie (but no where near as bad as Batman Forever and Batman & Robin) of the bunch. But this is the worst in Nolan's film series. The plot is not all that great. I mean, how the hell did Bane know who Batman was, he was excommunicated form the League of Shadows long before Ra's met Bruce/Batman. And he had no venom, so how did he get his super strength? How did a fusion reactor become a bomb when removed from it's stabilizing element? And Batman not being in the field for 8 years and then all of a sudden with a miracle brace he is in full strength, really? Only redeeming thing is Anne's portrayal of Catwoman. While never called Catwoman in the film, her portrayal is the best (even better than Michelle's act in Batman Returns) and closest to the comics.
½ June 16, 2015
The dark knight trilogy is one the best movie franchises that have ever come on to live screen to be sure combining action, thriller and amazingly talented scripted writing to make awesome movies for us audiences. Although to be fair, even though it is a good franchise it does have some mistakes during the last two movies but the third movie just like any other franchise killed the trilogy. The only mistakes that were in the first two movie was the actress for Rachel being changed, if your going to use a new actress, can you at least pick a good one and actually make her interact in the movie more so we can see character development in the movies with everyone. Another problem was the fact that Bruce Wayne during the movies made some pretty risky decisions such as kicking everyone out during first movie then having his house burn down (of course that was by Ra's) but still, instead of just pulling the fire alarm or something, like a douche he kick everyone out, how did his friend not deem him as some crazy rich guy after this, how does he still keep his company and how does he still get respect after this. In the movies the bat armor is suppose to be pretty strong so why does it suck against bullets when it's suppose to be bullet proof. the last thing I'm going to point out about the first two is Christian Bale's throat cancer voice, at first it was scary and cool but then it became more and more incomprehensible like his choking on something and people think Bane's voice is bad? Now moving onto the third movie, the problem is the fact that it was poorly written, there was little to no batman, the villain turn out not to be Bane but some chick who had sex with him, half of the movie is about broken decrepit Bruce that we never got an answer to, he got beat up by his hired maid who turn out to be sort of evil, he somehow gets back to normal during a short time in the movie only to get crippled again, how did bane knew about Bruce's hidden lair when no one even came close, why didn't Bane's henchmen shoot Bruce with their guns but try to beat him up, why wasn't bane as muscular as the hulk or his enemy for that matter, the guy doesn't even have a large six packs but was able to beat up Bruce who was train by ninjas for years, why is bane's plan so complicated, why does Jim Gordan send all of Gotham's police department to look for bane leaving the city unsupervised, why didn't Bane kill Bruce while he was crippled again, Don't super villains know that if they leave the hero alive he or she will always come back to defeat them, joker's an exception because he can kill batman at anytime but knows batman can't defeat him because batman can't do the same also because their opposites and neither of them really want to kill each other anyway, Bane death was very cliche, the end credits were terrible, how did Bruce survived the bomb explosion and how come nobody else figure out Bruce was alive after the movie. there are many other problems i didn't mention but the movie itself is so confusing that it will leave you walking out the movie theatre scratching your head asking yourself "what did I just see?". if these mistakes in the movies never happened they would have made many other movies to the fan's likings, made tons of money and the possibilities of really good comic book movies having been made could have been endless.

P.S. I piece this together from looking at other videos on the internet like honest trailers but most of it I did on my own and it's not like you can't point out mistakes that others have talked about, my simple intentions are to get these messages out to you the viewers, this is my opinion so you can argue with me if you want, know that I don't hate the trilogy I think it's great, I'm just pointing out some if it's flaws but although this trilogy wasn't as great as it could have been it could have been a lot worse (batman forever and batman and robin). I also wouldn't have mind if they introduce characters like robin, nightwing, red hood and batgirl in to the mix, do you know how awesome that would be done write.

P.S.S.I would really appreciate if you point out any mistakes I made.

thanks for reading this it means alot
½ June 15, 2015
That stadium scene tho...
June 9, 2013
Superior superhero movie. To compare this to the Marvel movies is like comparing an illuminated manuscript to a paperback.
May 1, 2013
My appreciation for The Dark Knight continues to grow. I may have not been blown away initially, but I almost love it now, and can see why others think it's a masterpiece. The Dark Knight Rises has the complete opposite effect. I've only revisited once since it's release, and the flaws were even more glaring the second time. There are some very good moments throughout, and the fact that it is more focused on the characters, and at least trying to develop a layered plot over empty action thrills makes it stand out from other big budget summer releases. With that said it feels like it has bitten off more than it can chew, and sometimes it seems the rather imperfect editing fails to catch up. The action sequences are also kind of underwhelming. It's not a terrible end to the trilogy, though, and if anything Anne Hathaway really elevates everY scene she's in.
June 11, 2015
Balls to the wall fantastic action, suspenseful, and hugely entertaining, the perfect conclusion to the perfect trilogy.