—— Hercules Jul 25

76% You're the Worst: Season 1

The Death and Life of Bobby Z Reviews

Bannan i

September 3, 2011
I think I'm being generous, but come on this was just TERRIBLE.
MANUGINO
MANUGINO

March 9, 2010
To live a life of his own, he has to die first.

Very good film! To tell you the truth I didn't know what to expect from this movie but I was gladly rewarded. Olivia Wilde wow, such an amazing hot woman, she drives me crazy and acts pretty good, reminds me of younger version of Julia Roberts, she has a great future ahead of her. The story was excellent and very interesting. Good ending!

Tim Kearney is a loser. He's already in prison for the fourth time because of a criminal offence. There he's offered a deal with the DEA, which would involve his impersonating a legendary drug dealer, Bobby Z. Tim is told that the real Bobby Z has recently died of a heart attack in an embassy in Thailand, shortly after getting out of prison there. The plan that had been in operation at the time of Bobby's death was for him to be exchanged for a DEA agent that was being held by a Mexican drug cartel. The Feds explain to Tim that if he agrees to go along with this "transfer," he will be free to escape south of the border once the DEA agent is safely back on the American side.
Cynthia S

November 6, 2010
Not bad, not great. Paul Walker may get a lot of razz for his acting, but I will take his acting any day over Keanu Reeves. The actor I was really disappointed in was Laurence Fishburne...he totally could have been left out of this movie. Overall, the movie does a good job at keeping action lovers interested, but there definitely was something missing....a decent plot. This movie had potential, but I feel the director did a lousy job and produced a mediocre film.
jjnxn
jjnxn

December 17, 2007
Ordinary crime actioner is a decent enough time waster as long as you don't have expectations of anything special. Paul Walker, a very handsome but frequently wooden actor, is better than usual but the film probably would have been better had he and Jason Lewis, a much better performer, switched roles.
deano
deano

September 11, 2007
Fine Paul Walker's action-packed thriller movie as well as his action scenes are cool.
Todd S

December 20, 2007
Isn't it funny, how the movies you really don't expect much out of, turn out to be the most fun. Bobby Z wasn't something that was high on my list of things to see, but it was streaming and fit my mood, so I watched it and what a surprise, a well written, Action film, with a pretty good plot! Bobby Z is a legendary local crime boss in Southern California. He is a very elusive man that the Mexican drug lords go to extreme measures to find. Don Huertero (Joaquim de Almeida) has kidnapped an FBI agent and will only exchange him for Bobby Z, but there's a problem, Bobby Z is dead. The clever folks at the FBI decide to find someone who looks like Z and send him in, that man is Tim Kearney (Paul Walker), and his life depends on how well he can trick people into believing that he is Bobby Z, a man he's never met. Paul Walker is the star of this clever film and he does a tremendous job. I'm not fan of Walker's, whenever he does anything that isn't a gritty Action film, he stinks, fortunately this is a gritty Action film and he was engaging, delightful, and even funny as he tried to play someone he's not. As for the rest of the cast, it was certainly a unique mix of people, but being centered around one man and one goal, really made it work. It's unusual to find a deep plot in an Action film and that's why this film was so unique. Aside from some terrific stunts and fight scenes, there were twists and turns, crosses and double-crosses, even some humor. Bobby Z was really a lot of fun to watch, and it will keep you guessing while at the same time showing you some terrific action sequences, I was more than impressed by this film and by Paul Walker for that matter. It's easy to say, well he's been playing an undercover agent in The Fast & Furious for a decade now, but it certainly wasn't the same thing. The Death & Life of Bobby Z is a wild ride, that's a lot of fun, and it will keep you guessing, you can't ask for more than that.
Lee K

September 12, 2007
i thought this was going to be alot cooler!
July 18, 2012
Nicolas Cage could have played crazy better, but Paul Walker looks the Part. Too bad there is to much of him in every part he's played. It makes it difficult to see him as the character and not just the Actor playing the guy pretending to be a different guy. If this does not bother you, you may be able to enjoy this movie.
starlimitz2
February 9, 2009
A decent action film. Though the plot twists were a little corny and easy to call for the most part, Paul Walker did a pretty good job keeping up his character. I wasn't crazy about a lot of the badguy characters, some of them were a little overdrawn and they got to be a little hard to believe. The action sequences were entertaining, but they seemed a little too few and far in between.
justinquinn99
December 16, 2008
It was a cool movie with lots of action, a good story, it kept a fast pace, good acting (not great but good) and a couple of twists along the way. While it isn't the best Paul Walker or Laurence Fishburne film, it is still good and worth seeing.
aurorafoo
February 23, 2008
what a dissapointment - not that it looked good - but the book was great. haven't even finished watching this, and i already feel the need to discourage people from watching it!
tupacsprincess69
May 14, 2008
BY far the hottest mother fucker around! What movie has he ever appeared in and not looked so damn good and was great in?
March 1, 2008
I was quite surprised with how much I enjoyed this movie. It was not what I expected at all when I sat down to watch it, but it was really good.
Hamee
November 27, 2007
This movie was great. I don't know what I was expecting, but it wasn't Fishburne being the two faced bad guy. Paul Walker as always is wonderful to watch in action. It's not an original story line but still wonderful.
Twidlebug
November 16, 2007
The story was boring, never would happen the way it did, but it was worth it just to see Paul Walker.
October 14, 2007
The plot was so loose, although a great concept. The acting wasn't all that great but I love Laurence Fishburne in anything he does. I did enjoy looking at Paul Walker though.
filagrl28
September 11, 2007
i thought i would buy it never seen the trailer for it....but paul walker was in it....decided to buy it.....it was a great movie action, funny in parts...glad i bought it....
nativesunljt
September 14, 2007
Wow. An actual good movie and it has Paul Walker in it. Very surprising and fun to watch. Loved it.