The Devil Wears Prada Reviews

Page 3 of 1943
½ September 3, 2014
It is what it is, and it's exceptional for what it is.
½ September 3, 2014
What really matters about fashion, this movie shows you.
½ August 28, 2014
The fashion world in the movie was impressive.
½ October 9, 2007
it is a girls movie but the performance by meryl streep can make it watchable by anyone i liked this movie a lot
August 4, 2014
The Devil Wears Prada provides a unique look into the fashion industry and turned out to be a good character drama/comedy. Every actor was good, Tucci was great, and Streep was excellent! Perhaps the themes could have been executed a little better, but overall the movie was fun and enjoyable.
½ August 8, 2014
At first, I won't lie the premise seemed uninteresting to me. However, with a dazzling performance from Meryl Streep, an interesting look into New York's fashion scene, and a overall witty and funny film, I pleasantly enjoyed this film. I also loved the message of the film: Never forget where you come from.
July 4, 2012
An enjoyable chick flick that delivers a interesting exposing insight into the fashion scene with Meryl Streep in top form and Anne Hathaway more than holding her own.
July 27, 2014
i always thought the fashion world is big waste of money, man power and above all many brilliant minds! and I still think in the same way. though expected a chick flick at the end kinda liked it. job can change people and its the choices we made that ultimately defines us.
½ July 24, 2014
Meryl Streep is perfect in this role, and Anne Hathaway succeeds to let the world know she's here to stay. Fun movie.
½ December 4, 2011
i had seen this film a couple of years back and found it underwhelming. watching it again now though, i have to say i loved it. i don't know if it's just because of where i am in my life, dealing with the issues the film brings up, but i found it very relevant and cathartic. at the same time though, it was such a fun, light film to watch. the fashion and the lifestyle is portrayed so well, and meryl streep is just delicious as miranda priestly. i'm not usually a fan of ann hathaway, but here i think she did a good job. the film itself was also paced very well, so that watching it felt like a breeze. i think on the whole the film outlines some very important issues about the role of women in the workplace and the sacrifices they have to make in the name of success. and it definitely doesn't hurt that the whole thing is wrapped in the fun, glittering package of fashion.
January 7, 2013
It's one of those things you can't help but enjoy. This is just a movie I cannot hate but enjoy more and more every time I see it. The Devil Wears Prada stars Anne Hathaway as the protagonist Andy, a bubbly, ambitious woman who is getting a last resort for a job at a fashion magazine as the assistant of Miranda Priestly, editor-in-chief of Runway, who turns out to be unsympathetic and insensitive, but powerful.

It will surprise people with its ability to make even the most sophisticated person like it a little bit. For others, it is a chick flick. Prada may have Anne Hathaway as the main lead and not to take anything away from her, but Streep is the real star. She is incredibly icy and glorious as Miranda, with her gorgeous complexion and beautiful face and silver hair, she looks like a beautiful, premature version of Cruella DeVill. It's hard to place anybody else in Streep's spot. Hathaway is above-average and soft as Andy and the reason why I place her below Streep and maybe Emily Blunt is that the character herself is not as memorable or entertaining as the other two. This usually happens when Streep is in a film with another well-known co-star (Julie and Julia, Doubt, The Iron Lady, August: Osage County etc.) because she has the more intriguing character and is more superior or at least up to par with acting. But she doesn't act as Miranda, she becomes her and this is not an impersonation of anyone else as it is simply her own and that's one of her magics with her talent.

The Devil Wears Prada is a satisfying treat and nothing more or less.
½ June 26, 2014
meryl streep, one of the world's great actresses, wastes a potentially sublime portrayal into a mumbling, stodgy executive without much strength of character. hathaway, as the protagonist, fares worse, her acting bordering on the pathetically perturbed. it should be a lavish tale of ambition; the truth of the matter is that it's unsubtle and graceless.
June 14, 2007
I liked it cast is great 3 great actors make fluff work
June 17, 2014
one of my lifetime movie
July 19, 2012
Brilliant acting from Meryl Streep and Anne Hathaway.
½ July 22, 2012
Seeing this movie as saying peronal life > career (as a woman) doesn't do it much justice I think.
June 8, 2014
I loved it then and still do.
½ July 21, 2009
This movie is quite good. The acting is pretty good, and the clothes look good. It is kind of weird, but I really enjoyed this movie.
July 27, 2013
I was surprised on how good this movie was.
Page 3 of 1943