The Electric Daisy Carnival Event - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Electric Daisy Carnival Event Reviews

June 30, 2012
good documentary, and im not just saying it because i like the event but because it 's good
September 30, 2011
i had a stupid smile on my face the whole time, havnt felt that awesome since i was at the event! Just Hooting and Hollering with everyone at the movie when they showed our favorite dj's. It displays just how fun it is to be their and how awesome it is. cant wait for the dvd.
½ September 30, 2011
The only thing I didn't like about it was that it couldn't teleport me to the actual event. :)
September 26, 2011
I was lucky enough to see the EDCE when it was first released and I must admit, it was absolutely wonderful. I didn't think it would be possible to fully capture the emotion and grandeur that is EDC but by golly they have done it. Mr. Kerslake has gone above and beyond what I thought possible and has exceeded my wildest imaginations and fascinations. Bare in mind this more a full fledged documentary with music intertwined than a music video, but that being said there is no absence of heavy beats here. After watching EDCE one walks out with much more appreciation for how much effort and care goes into making these events what they are: AN EXPERIENCE! See it, you will NOT be disappointed.
½ September 23, 2011
I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would. Be advised it is not a concert movie. One of the most fascinating aspects of the film is seeing some of the efforts that go into providing the entertainment. I actually would have enjoy a documentary that just showed the sheer volume of work that goes into putting on a music festival.

There is a lot of music, but what's more interesting is interesting is the interviews with the DJs. Having grown up in the 80s I am used to oversexed, over-drugged, over-egoed idiots masquerading as musicians. The DJs this movie presents are so down to Earth and...serenely sedate it just brings you appreciation of electronic music to a higher level

As to the actual film, it not an unbiased documentary. It's made by Insomniac, who are the show promoters. There is no underside of the festivals shown here, it is a promotional film for profit and propaganda alone. There is some wonderful camera work, but nothing ground break. The film makers and cinematographers do a good job of translating the light show to film, but they sometimes rely on old tricks to amp up things that don't translate to film, like fireworks.

If you are a fan of electronic music or the EDC, it is well worth the money. If you have no idea what either is, you might enjoy the film, but read about electronic music on Wikipedia before you go. If you only listen to country, high-hair heavy metal, or top-40 from the 60's save your money.