The End Of Time - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The End Of Time Reviews

366weirdmovies
½ June 4, 2014
Documentarian Peter Mettler interviews various people (scientists, artists, hermits, mystics) about their thoughts on time, using poetic footage of lava flows, particle accelerators, and digital mandalas as a visual background. A meditative but unfocused experiment that at times gets a little too hippie-dippy-acid-trippy for its own good. At two hours of plotless visuals, it's obviously not for everyone, but it earns points for earnestly exploring serious philosophical concepts that most movies shy away from.
April 13, 2013
I saw it here in Madison wi. Wisconsin film festival. It is beautiful imagery (that we have seen before) in disjointed "less than the sum of its parts" order. stay away. I fell asleep. no meaning. please stay away. I am not sure how it made it into any festival.
April 22, 2015
Another genre-bending and ambitious, fascinating film. A tad slow and disconnected here and there but the concepts straddled are near-philosophical in importance. Great photography too. Worth the watch...quite mind/knowledge expanding!
½ June 23, 2014
This film had some good/interesting concepts however it was slow paced and the guy doing most of the talking was so monotone you just wanted to go to sleep..
½ June 22, 2014
As a documentary about physics, existentialism, humanity, and other such elseness, this film lacks substance but these come second to the audio visual experience for which I found both eerie and calming at times. Unfortunately this aspect is overkilled, feeling more like filler instead of inspiring awe. I can't help but think that Mettler went into production with a little too loose of an agenda trying to find magic in greatly diverse footage but ultimately lacking the craft and yielding an overly ambitious unfocused vision that feels unbalanced with too little of some components and too much of others.
366weirdmovies
½ June 4, 2014
½ May 25, 2014
The End of Time is basically a huge waste of time. A series of seemingly unconnected thoughts that aim to be deep but fall short. Many somewhat awkwardly long gaps of time where nothing is being said, just scenes of random things, like lava. I think they should have put a disclaimer at the start of this movie that says "This movie is best watched with a big joint and a bag of Doritos". It's really boring if your sober, might be entertaining after some drugs.
November 30, 2013
Too close to what is already happening in reality, but it is, nonetheless, the stuff nightmares are made of.
November 16, 2013
It's a film that rewards you with a deep sense of holding the essence of time in your palm, while at the same moment knowing that we may never capture it. An excellent example of a piece that cannot be viewed as a rigid documentary, but has to let "to flow".
½ July 7, 2013
The result of a director filming hours of passable footage and having no idea what to do with it. Abysmally paced with the world's most uninteresting people talking about nothing (excluding the segment focusing on the Large Hadron Collider), and absolutely no focus.
April 13, 2013
February 5, 2013
The first film I've ever walked out on. It was footage from the director's visits to some admittedly interesting places, overlaid with menacing sounds and pseudo-philosophical mumbo jumbo.

When one lady said "I like to think time goes in a circle, because that's how I would like to live... like the bees", I wondered if this film was the emperor in his new clothes and only I saw it was naked. Thankfully, my girlfriend agreed and we walked out soon afterwards.
½ September 14, 2012
Often times meandering with lugubrious narration, this film about the concept of time contains ideas that are more interesting to talk about than to experience in this film.
September 10, 2012
Visually stunning and an interesting mix of thoughts about time. I would not classify this as a documentary.