The most terrifying film you ever experience?

The trailer looks great, certainly going to be very frightening, more than the original. As "The most terrifying film you will experience" ... I strongly agree. You guys, what say?
Ronald Neira
01-31-2013 02:53 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Rand Vialpando

Rand Vialpando

Thank you for not being such a pessimist and I really think this will be the first horror movie to effectively combine tension with a shit ton of gore...ive never been this excited for a horror movie, let alone ANY movie to hit theaters. I know for a fact that it wont suck because of the effort involved...plus bruce, sam raimi, and rob tapert produced it!?! Fuck yeah...I think this one may surprise the critics and we should see it in the 70s or 80s on the tomatometer...beyond stoked for this one

Mar 8 - 09:29 AM

Chase The Lost

Chase: The Lost Trollfighter

I totally agree, man. This will surely be a glorious movie.

Mar 8 - 10:03 AM

Michael Nicle

Michael Nicle

i do believe this will be the best horror experience in a long long time that's for sure XD

Mar 8 - 07:03 AM

Brian Harris

Brian Harris

I love that tag line. It's like an homage to the originals "The ultimate experience in grueling terror"

Mar 3 - 09:59 PM

Tera Skoog

Tera Skoog

I AGREE!

Feb 21 - 10:25 AM

hollis m.

hollis mills

i had no idea that they wanted the nc-17 rating thats freaking insane

Feb 2 - 02:07 PM

Chase The Lost

Yeah, I hope they release it unrated before they release the R rated version. Not sure if they'll do that, though.

Feb 4 - 03:11 PM

hollis m.

hollis mills

i dont either, movies dont ever sell well nc-17. its so weird too, why does one year of age difference on a movie rating change a persons perspective. well....is there really a difference btween R and NC-17. Come on people!

Feb 6 - 06:20 PM

Zane B

Chum Chum

Maybe a sarcastic tag line. The first one was more splatter film than horror film, very tounge-n-cheek.
This one could take it's self too seriously

Feb 1 - 08:10 AM

Horrific R.

Horrific Reviews

I'm a big horror fan, so I doubt it will come even close to the most terrifying film I'll experience. As for the trailer - I didn't like it. Needs more demons and creative effects, it seems. If this trailer is showing what is the best of the film, I don't think there's much hope in it being good...

Jan 31 - 10:32 PM

Tera Skoog

Tera Skoog

Ugh...seriously? There are CREATIVE effects with duh duh duh NO CGI! And honestly I think it will be scary.

Feb 21 - 10:29 AM

Andrew Davis

Andrew Davis

Judging by all the PHENOMENAL trailers that they've been putting out, I think that this WILL be one of the most terrifying films I will ever experience! I have NEVER been this excited for a horror movie (particularly a remake to a classic). Well Done Evil Dead!

Jan 31 - 04:24 PM

Chase The Lost

I say that the tagline is a stellar job from the producers of the film. It's clearly an attempt to attract new viewers who may not be familiar with the franchise. My only complaint is that I may have to wait until the DVD release to watch it unrated. The MPAA gave it an R rating after Raimi and Alvarez edited the film from its original NC-17 rating. What I don't understand is why you can't put an NC-17 film in theaters. William Friedkin and the MPAA had no trouble releaseing Killer Joe so why not Evil Dead? For higher profit?

Jan 31 - 03:48 PM

Andrew Davis

Andrew Davis

They had no problem releasing Killer Joe because after a week of a VERY limited release for it, they cut some of it and reduced it to R for a wider theatrical release. I'm still gonna see Evil Dead in the theaters, regardless of the R-rating. If it's that good in the theaters, it'll just encourage me more to buy it once it hits Blu-Ray :)

Jan 31 - 04:23 PM

Francesco F.

Francesco Fortuna

Well first off, theaters chains Regal and AMC won't show anything rated NC-17. So right there you've lost a good portion of screens, the next thing is, every NC-17 movie has bombed and these people need to make their budget back. Lastly, as Andrew stated, Killer Joe was only limited release as was the movie Shame which was another NC-17 movie.

Jan 31 - 08:00 PM

Chase The Lost

Ahhh, ok. I understand.

Feb 2 - 05:50 AM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile