For those new and old to EVIL DEAD

Ok,

1) This is the movie SAM wanted to make the first time out. But he did not have the budget. And now I am excited to see what he really intended.

2)If you are not familiar with evil dead. Please go watch the movies and read up some. It would even hurt to throw Bruce Campbells "If Chins Could Kill".

3)It is NOT going to be ONE thing like the "other" horror movies. No name actors and no CGI.

4)And for all those moaning about the R rating. Do you have any idea how hard it is to get a studio to green light a NC-17? They could shut down the movie until they cut enough. I am happy that it did not get down to some teenage TA,music and clothing selling movie.

Tera Skoog
02-21-2013 10:34 AM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Chase The Lost

Chase: The Lost Trollfighter

Nobody was "moaning" about the R rating. Is it so bad that I want to see the film in all of its uncensored glory? I'll surely pay money to see the film regardless, but I was just hoping for the NC-17.

Feb 21 - 01:22 PM

Matthew Favazza

Matthew Favazza

That's what dvd/Blu-Ray will be for, will just have to wait a bit longer to see the full vision.

Feb 27 - 11:25 PM

Ben Moore

Ben Moore

Chase, If it was NC-17 it wouldn't get into theaters you stupid fuck.

Feb 28 - 05:40 AM

Chase The Lost

Chase: The Lost Trollfighter

Lol someone's in a bad mood today. If you had any sense at all, you would realize that by releasing the NC-17 version in selected theaters a couple weeks ahead of the release date, or by pushing back the release date itself, Raimi would most likely make more money. The older fans of the series would pay tickets to the NC-17 show and, if the film is good enough (which I anticipate it will be), there will be a lot of positive feedback concerning the film. Therefore, when the R rated version is released, you would still have the same number of tickets sold for the movie, if not more. I gurantee there are some individuals out there who will want to see the NC-17 version in theaters and, if they planned on purchasing the dvd/blu-ray copy, they would probably buy it anyway in addition to the movie ticket. That, in a nutshell, is the point I was trying to make.

...you stupid fuck...

Feb 28 - 06:07 AM

Rand Vialpando

Rand Vialpando

Um actually dude, that would be a HUGE gamble to release it nc-17 first. Plus it would piss fans off if they didn't have a theater in their area that plays nc-17 movies and were forced to wait longer for an r rated movie to hit later...VERY huge gamble

Mar 8 - 09:44 AM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile