What do you think the final score will be for the "Evil Dead"?

I'm thinking 70-78%...
Amneer Pino
03-20-2013 08:06 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Jin Kim

Jin Kim

well the rotten tomatoes consensus is already up so my guess is it will be in the high 70's to low 80's

Apr 2 - 04:35 PM

Film Fanatic

Daire Hutton

So happy it's at 81% !!!;)

Apr 2 - 02:34 PM

Film Fanatic

Daire Hutton

So happy it's at 81% !!!;)

Apr 2 - 02:34 PM

Frank Vignola

Frank Vignola

It's back in the 80s!

Apr 2 - 01:43 PM

Luke Jacobs

Luke Jacobs

83%

Apr 1 - 07:49 PM

Andrew Davis

Andrew Davis

Just a quick warning to all of you from a fan of the original three and a person who loved the hell out of this movie (I'm serious, I gave it 5/5 stars). Absolutely do NOT go into this film expecting the same Evil Dead you knew and loved by Sam Raimi. If you do so, it will be your downfall. This is a much more serious take on the story, doing what Sam Raimi wanted to do but couldn't by making a serious horror movie. The comedy in the original was unintentional. Make sure to go into this with an open mind and try not to compare this to the original (even though there are some awesome homages to the trilogy in it).

Apr 1 - 06:48 PM

Diego Tutweiller

The Artist Formerly Known as Tutweiller

I don't like what the horror genre has become, but the Evil Dead reboot hearkens back to the days when the genre had a brain in it. I say a solid 85%.

Apr 1 - 05:16 PM

JJ ..

JJ .

It's at 79% right now and there are 4 more days left so I think that it will probably end up in the 80's and I hope certified fresh. The trailer just gives me the creeps and makes me more anxious to see it on opening night. But, as Chase put it, I'll still see it if it somehow drops into the rotten scores. But I doubt it, as the original was at 100%(it's at 98 for the first and 99 for the second).

Apr 1 - 12:42 PM

Brian Harris

Brian Harris

80%

Mar 27 - 07:04 PM

I Hate The Tomato

Donald Prentice

It's a remake to a cult classic. I will say 75%. I have a feeling a lot of people will be disappointed. Hopefully I am wrong. I want it too do good. I have the first one (I am sure millions of people do) on dvd and will watch it first before I see the remake in the theater.

Mar 26 - 10:29 PM

Trenton Ledford

Trenton Ledford

I think I would be 65-70 . This movie is getting good reception from top critics so far so I think the final score for the top critics wil be above 70 percent.

Mar 25 - 04:32 PM

Wayne Thomas

Wayne Thomas

I'm gonna say 72%. I'll be seeing this opening day regardless if it gets a 5%. Critics don't appreciate horror films. Horror and action are always neglected.

Mar 25 - 02:05 PM

Nick Thome

Nick Thome

really, so that's why the originals have 99s and 100s, right?

Mar 25 - 02:31 PM

Arthur Ribeiro

Arthur Ribeiro

Because they're cult classics, not straightforward horror. Yes, the original was intended to be all out horror, but it comes as unintentionally humurous (just look at the consensus here on Rottent Tomatoes). Horror comedies tend to fare MUCH better here in RT (Braindead, Evil Dead I and II, Drag Me To Hell, Cabin in the Woods) while serious horror flicks struggle to even get a fresh certificate.

Mar 25 - 05:17 PM

Wayne Thomas

Wayne Thomas

Thank you Arthur. haha

Mar 27 - 09:10 AM

Chase The Lost

Chase: The Lost Trollfighter

Exactly.

Mar 27 - 09:45 AM

Frank Vignola

Frank Vignola

65%

Mar 23 - 12:53 PM

Chase The Lost

Unfortunately, I think it will finish over 65% but under 70%

Either way, I don't care. I don't even give a damn if it finishes with a rotten score. I'm seeing this movie opening night and I will not be sober.

Mar 21 - 12:27 PM

Tony Stark

sam varma

im not gonna watch it no matter how much someone persuades me....
iron man 3 , oblivion and gi joe 2.. thats all so far

Mar 25 - 02:34 AM

Frank Vignola

Frank Vignola

That's interesting...so what prompted you to start posting in this forum? Just curious.

Mar 25 - 09:30 AM

Brian Harris

Brian Harris

Man up, Sam

Mar 25 - 01:03 PM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

Why not? I can understand if your too young to see it, but it seems like you wouldn't even see it if you could

Mar 26 - 03:13 PM

Alex Maverick

Alex Maverick

Horror movies aren't for everyone. I like them (even though there's a lot of shit in that genre) but it's just not for everybody.

Mar 27 - 04:09 PM

Chase The Lost

It's true. Some like action even though I'm not a huge fan. I like a few titles, though.

Mar 27 - 04:13 PM

Andrew Davis

Andrew Davis

I'm hoping that the highest it will go is 85%. Maybe higher if we're lucky. But I agree that it'll probably stay somewhere in the 70s. That's still pretty good for a horror movie!

Mar 21 - 10:59 AM

John Tyler

J *

It's also pretty good for a remake of a horror movie for that matter!

Mar 23 - 03:17 PM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile