Critics Consensus: Evil Dead Is a Solid, Gory Update
Plus, Jurassic Park is Certified Fresh.
Also opening this week in limited release:
- Shane Carruth's Upstream Color, a drama about a man and a woman who are drawn to one another without knowing they're each part of a mind-altering experiment, is at 86 percent.
- Free Angela & All Political Prisoners, a documentary about the activist Angela Davis, is at 86 percent.
- André Gregory: Before and After Dinner, a doc about the acclaimed theater actor and director, is at 78 percent.
- Simon Killer, a thriller about a sociopath who ensnares a Parisian escort into his web of intrigue, is at 75 percent.
- Eddie the Sleepwalking Cannibal, a horror comedy about an artist who finds inspiration in a man with a bizarre (and deadly) sleep condition, is at 71 percent.
- Danny Boyle's Trance, starring James McAvoy and Vincent Cassell in a thriller about a man who gets mixed up in an art heist and forgets where he stashed a priceless painting, is at 71 percent.
- No Place on Earth, a documentary about a pair of families who escaped the Nazi occupation of Ukraine by hiding in a cave, is at 67 percent.
- The Company You Keep, starring Robert Redford and Shia Labeouf in a thriller about a former radical who goes on the run after his identity is exposed, is at 56 percent.
- Down the Shore, starring James Gandolfini and Famke Janssen in a drama about a group of friends since childhood who discover a shocking secret, is at 50 percent.
- Bert Stern: Original Madman, a doc about the legendary fashion photographer, is at 40 percent.
- The Brass Teapot, starring Juno Temple in a comedy about a financially strapped couple that finds a solution to their woes in the form of a magic teapot, is at 25 percent.
- Lotus Eaters, a drama about the lives and loves of a group of well-off London youngsters, is at zero percent.
- 6 Souls, starring Julianne Moore and Jonathan Rhys Meyers in a horror film about a psychiatrist whose patient has a potentially murderous case of multiple personality disorder, is at zero percent.
Finally, props to Justin D. for coming the closest to guessing Temptation's 15 percent Tomatometer.