The Flaw Reviews

October 21, 2012
It simply retraces the breakdown of 2008 economic collapse. I wish it had more points or had more lessons to be learned from this, but it is more of a here is what happened and why kind of documentary. The subject is pretty interesting but will leave you disappointed by the result, especially when so many people saw the problem coming and nothing was done to help the problem until it came to a head. It has a decent presentation and holds the attention but perhaps it is still too close and we have already heard the story so many time and some ways. This does not bring much new to the table or shed any new light on the subject, but it works for what it is.
June 12, 2014
Why no awards? Superb film, demonstrating very well what happened in the crash, with some big names from big places.
May 16, 2014
not the greatest Political documentary you'll ever see, but provides an explanation of the Financial and Economic crisis in Layman's terms, and provides a good historical perspective on inequality
August 29, 2013
THe Flaw, five stars of five. Very thorough from the layman's point of view. Excellent exposition of a compelling topic.
½ March 8, 2013
Good analysis of the underlying causes of the housing bubble.
February 23, 2013
Insightful documentary on the fundamental causes of the 2008 housing crisis. Beyond Walls Street and mega bank greed, income inequality spurred the economic real estate meltdown.
½ September 20, 2012
Everyone needs to watch this movie.
September 9, 2012
I just watched this last night and I have to say it's a very clear and concise explanation of what caused the 2008 Crash, and the 2007-present economic stagnation worldwide.

Causes range as follows; wealth inequality, easy credit being used as means to fill in income gaps for middle and lower classes, supply-side economic doctrine which has dominated our political discourse for roughly 3 decades, and so on.
August 24, 2012
Documentary on the financial crisis, focusing on the mortgage area. Specifically, the position is that income inequality drove people to easy mortgage refinancing to get money to buy things that would keep them in the perceived middle class which became more expensive as those in the upper income tiers gained significant income increases (sort of the cultural trickle down theory of spending). Related documentaries: I.O.U.S.A (focus on U.S debt) , Inside Job (focus on Wall street investment in subprime loans), Margin Call, Frontline: The Meltdown (history of the 2008 financial meltdown, how it went down).
½ July 30, 2012