• PG, 1 hr. 50 min.

—— Witches of East End: Season 2

The Game Plan Reviews

John M

July 22, 2008
A cute movie that was a lot of fun that had me and my daughters giggling all night. Good family fun.
Alexander D

August 22, 2011
THE GAME PLAN was a very sad movie. And when I say that it was very sad, I mean the fact that it was made is sad. It's such an awful "family" take on a football film, and it could have been so great...if 97% of it was cut out.
DreamExtractor
DreamExtractor

March 2, 2011
Come on Dwayne, stop doing crappy kids movies. Joe Kingman (Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson) is a famous quaterback who is living the dream life, but gets a unexpected surprise when a daughter he never met named Payton (Madison Pettis) and she turns his life upside down. This is just a simple movie just for kids. This movie is something kids will love, but adults will fall asleep. I really disliked this movie.
Marc L.
Marc L.

March 1, 2011
I knew this movie was terrible the first time I saw it, but I needed to see it a 2nd time on (what else?!) but ABC Family (Don't ask why I watched it) to realize how horribly wrong this movie went.

Let's start with the Rock's new, and absolutely NOT improved, style. Dwayne Johnson is trying to be the family movie guy, who makes kids laugh and parents go "Awwwww!" Well it's really not working! Seeing him play a soft hearted football player was stupid, and flat out disturbing. Also, here's a tip Dwayne! Family movie characters don;t get these looks where they look like a robot out of a terminator film!

The little girl was worse. I don;t care if she's cute or not, she was more annoying then watching Glee for 5 days straight without water, food or sleep. She was an EXTREMELY bad actor, especially when she tries to be serious, which gives me no choice but to yell out a spontaneous "YEAH, I'M ACTING!!"

And then they had to drag Kiera Sedgewick into this nonsense. That's right, Kiera Sedgewick, from The Closer, actually makes an appearence in this film as The Rock's agent.

The humor was god awfully bad too. Like when the attorney is eating a Fanny's Burger and farts. I guess the director of The Gameplan, is one of those idiots who thinks farting is funny. And then there's the scene where thr cok is covered in bubbles and looks like a clown, only to find out his football is bedazzled? What am I suppoused to say? Oh yeah! Hahahahaha...No, no I just can;t say it.

Bottom line, this movie is terrible, stupid, predictable, unrealistic and stupid. Yes I said stupid twice, that's how bad it is.
Matt G

February 12, 2011
I'll give it a C+ for effort.

Grade: C+
Richard C

July 29, 2010
F
BEACHBUNNI
BEACHBUNNI

February 3, 2008
light hearted entertainment for the family. cute...sweet....cheesy...all about a parent/daughter bonding
KJ P

February 4, 2010
A very average family comedy, but it has heart and charm, at least enough to keep me laughing!
jjnxn
jjnxn

September 27, 2007
Disney nonsense that has it's heart in the right place but lays it on too thick and ends up being sugary sweet. As athletes turned actors go the Rock seems to be able to bridge the gap well.
vieras e

October 16, 2007
Saw this one the plane last night (without sounds). Predictable and somewhat corny, but not the worst. It actually had a few cute moments and I enjoyed the ballet scenes.
LorenzoVonMatterhorn
LorenzoVonMatterhorn

September 27, 2007
"Joe Kingman had the perfect game plan to win the championship... but first, he has to tackle one little problem."

Gridiron Gang star Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson picks up the pigskin once again for this sports-themed family comedy concerning a football superstar who abandons the gridiron to answer the call of fatherhood. Joe Kingman (Johnson) was a star quarterback destined for greatness; not only is the Boston-based team he plays for well on their way to the championships, but he's got all the money and fame that a man could want out of life. A perpetual bachelor whose one brief marriage ended many moons ago, Kingman is stunned to learn that a long-forgotten youthful fling had more permanent consequences than he ever anticipated. Now, just as his career is set to blow up bigger than ever, this perpetual bachelor learns that he has a seven-year-old daughter named Peyton (Madison Pettis). So how does a lifelong jock who's used to partying all night and dropping 20-yard bombs all day adjust to a life of ballet classes, Barbie dolls, and afternoon play dates? Whatever road he chooses to take, it certainly won't be easy, especially since his ruthless, goal-oriented agent, Stella (Kyra Sedgwick), would rather see her client scoring touchdowns than cementing familial bonds.

Review
Dwayne Johnson isn't the greatest of actors, but let that pass and instead enjoy Madison Pettis who acts very well. The story works, and the way it plays out works. This is a family movie and does what it's supposed to do; entertain the whole family. I'd say you basically get what you expect, nothing more nothing less. It's a cute movie, predictable and sentimental, but sometimes that's perfectly OK!
Bobby H

October 6, 2008
Gameplan is your typical diseny movie to an extent - it's predictable and fairy tale like as always and at sometimes a little too "childish". 20-30minutes into the movie you may be asking yourself what you got yourself into

But keep watching because before you know it the movie actually pans out into a real funny comedy with a lot of true real-life emotions and occurences backing up what it has to offer.

There's action, comedy, drama, excitement. Something for the kids and something for the adults. It's a great movie when it's all said and done.

The Rock steals the show and the girl is not too bad once she grows on you like she had to her dad in the movie.
DerekA101
DerekA101

August 10, 2008
I didn't know what to expect coming into this film. On one hand, I usually enjoy football films (even if they're not very good), but on the other hand, I'm really not a fan of Disney movies. It's not that they're bad, they're just more geared towards children. But the Game Plan was a surprise. The Rock was amazing, definitely one of his best performances. The storyline was good... the jokes were funny (especially from the guy who played the WR Cooper). The Game Plan is the Feel Good Movie of 2007.I wouldn't say this movie is flawless, but it works. It tugs on your emotions (for girls, it tugs HEAVILY on your emotions... my g/f was balling). Roselyn Sanchez was stunning... she is gorgeous. Her and the Rock had great chemistry together. It's not the most original movie you will ever see, but it is an endearing little film that will leave you smiling.
Roy G

July 22, 2008
Despite its cheesy story, The Game Plan has one major trump card: The Rock is actually quite good.
deano
deano

October 2, 2007
Excellent hilarious of the family with Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. So sweet-natured and heartfully relationship between a father and daughter as well as The Rock's performance is wonderful as becoming a father from professional football star in this comedy movie. It is alike Three Men and a Baby and definitely for me.
Leigh R

September 11, 2007
Funny.
MissMorganLeee
MissMorganLeee

April 27, 2008
i thought it would be dumb but i really thought it was cute!
arashxak
arashxak

April 1, 2008
Cliche, Without a single funny moment
Megan S

April 1, 2008
This was such a cute movie! I swear Brian White is The Rock's illegitimate child.