The Glove (1979) - Rotten Tomatoes

TOMATOMETER

——

——

AUDIENCE SCORE

Critic Consensus: No consensus yet.

The Glove Trailers & Photos

Movie Info

In this actioner, bounty hunter Sam Kellough, who is also an ex-cop, and an ex-ballplayer, is out to earn the $20,000 reward for the capture of Victor Hale, a psychotic killer wanted for beating a prison guard to death with a "riot glove." The villain is not as horrible as he seems. When the fugitive is not beating victims to a pulp, he is seen playing his guitar to impoverished children.more
Rating: R

Show More Cast

News & Interviews for The Glove

Critic Reviews for The Glove

All Critics (1)

Vintage drive-in exploitation B-movie fare.

Full Review… | May 7, 2015
Ozus' World Movie Reviews

Audience Reviews for The Glove

The poster artwork suggests violent grindhouse-style exploitation, but the reality is far more subdued. It's more of a slow burn modern noir, with John Saxon's ex-cop bounty hunter for hire filling the role of the traditional private eye narrator. Interestingly his riot-glove-wielding target turns out to be a decent citizen turned vigilante, rendering the primary struggle a conflict of conscience. I was both disappointed at the misdirection and surprised by the unexpected depth of this strange little film.

I have to say that I could live without John Saxon's grizzled P.I. styled voice over, but otherwise this was a good bit of fun, feeling a bit like a long episode of a television show that I'd not seen before.

Another decent time-waster, but nothing that will change your life or anything.

The Glove Quotes

There are no approved quotes yet for this movie.

Discussion Forum

Discuss The Glove on our Movie forum!