The Good Doctor - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Good Doctor Reviews

January 16, 2016
A weirdly interesting and twisted story. Not what I expected. It's a well-made indie with a surprisingly good cast, down to many of the supporting characters. One I might revisit down the road.
April 10, 2015
Elvis' granddaughter, Riley Keough, is a real talent.
December 21, 2014
A real missed opportunity that never seems to get it's intriguing premise off the ground and its frustratingly slow pace doesn't help its case. Orlando Bloom is a bit of an odd choice for the role, but he plays it well enough that you buy it, though his character's motivations are foggy at best. The story is very plausible and chilling to the bone, but it takes so friggin long for anything to happen, that you've already predicted the events LONG before they take place. It's a film I would never watch again and the ending is totally unbelievable, with a little more effort this could've been a memorable, hospital drama.
September 1, 2014
is the worst movie ever!!!!
½ August 6, 2014
gr8 cast but not much mystery or suspense here
September 3, 2012
More of a character study than anything, this movie provides a vehicle for Orlando Bloom to really show his stuff. I wish the writing had give him just a little further to go, but this was still a really interesting performance from him, something we haven't really seen before. I also found the whole concept of a doctor deserving status and respect, and the fact that his character is stuck on that, really interesting. On the other hand, the pace is slow, not a ton happens, and there's a false ending that either should have been the real one or not used at all. But, it was interesting enough.
½ July 20, 2014
The most annoying, stupidest script ever. The writer and director should go do sth else.
August 25, 2012
Seems like it be a nice change from Pirates of the Whatever that he stared in...
August 28, 2013
Ridiculous premise. Trashy movie. Semi-entertaining.
March 12, 2014
Algo lenta la peli,pero el tema lo ameritaba 6/10
March 5, 2014
Good plot, but the movie drags on for far too long. The ending was so completely drab. The actors all give great performances; it's the script and pacing that's dull.
June 18, 2013
Sometimes you can see where a flick goes wrong but I have not idea what they were going for here. Bloom's lead character is so deadpan and emotionless it's hard to get into this one. Does sort of make you think twice about the trust we give our doctors though.....
½ January 18, 2014
This was an interesting movie. Young doctor without a social life or high self-esteem goed out of his way to manipulate his world into giving him attention and credit. He starts off by messing with a young girl's (Riley Keough, Elvis Presley's granddaughter) medication to get her back into his care at the hospital. Things get more intricate from there, I won't spoil the whole plot.

Orlando Bloom manages to give his character the right performance. This is a movie that deals with a lot of conflicts that may occur in the doctor-patient relationship. And it handles them in a way that is just creepy enough.

Apart from the ending, which feels rushed, the movie has a good pacing and enough attention for characters and environment. The story develops gradually and lets you see more and more of the inner workings of the Good Doctor. Surprisingly, writer John Enbom has no other full-length movies to his name, only episodes of several TV-series (Party Down, Veronica Mars). He should write more!

Pros: Great lead role by Orlando Bloom
Cons: The ending felt a little rushed.
Verdict: Go see!
August 28, 2012
Although this movie is not for everyone, as evidenced by the low rating,I found it to be chilling and sinister and really enjoyed it. There are parts of the story that certainly don't work but I must admit that the film kept me on the edge of my seat because I was never quite certain where it was going to go or how everything was going to play out. I won't ruin the ending but I think it worked just fine but I'm sure everyone will take something different away from it.
December 14, 2013
creepy. no wonder i don't like being sick or being in hospitals.
December 7, 2013
wow ummmn just seen this movie 4 the 1st time n think that this is an enjoyable movie 2 watch.....it is nothing special 2 watch but its still an enjoyable movie 2 watch.......its got a good cast of actors/actressess throughout this movie......i think that orlando bloom, troy garity, Taraji P. Henson (from the brilliant tv series house), jk simmons (from the brilliant tv series the simpsons/american dad/men at work), mihael pena (from the brilliant tv series my name is earl/american dad), play good roles/parts throughout this movie......i think that the film was alright it could have been better but its such an enjoyable movie 2 watch.......i think that this is a good movie 2 watch for 2011 its got a good cast throughout this movie.......its got a good soundtrack throughout this movie........i think that michael pena was brilliant throughout this movie........i think that orlando bloom was brilliant throughout this movie......i think that orlando bloom was so creepy throughout this movie but he played the part really well thoruhgout this movie........i think that this is such a really interesting movie 2 watch its got a good cast throughout this movie......i think that this is a good movie 2 watch for 2011 its got a great cast throughout this movie.......i think that jk simmons was brilliant throughout this movie......i think that this is a good movie 2 watch.......i think that this is a really weird movie 2 watch but its such an interesting story throughout this movie.......i think that orlando bloom was superb thorughout this movie.......i think that this is such an enjoyable movie 2 watch............i think that the director of this mystery/suspsense/drama movie had done a good job of directing this movie because you never know what 2 except throughout this movie.....i think that this is a really well written/directed/acted movie 2 watch its got a good cast throughout this movie i think that this is a good movie for 2011 its got a good cast throughout this movie its got a good soundtrack throughout this movie its such an enjoyable movie 2 watch
½ November 24, 2013
This wasnt sure what it wanted to be. Bloom is good but the rest is wishy washy. It wanted to be alot darker and menacing but it was frothy and bland
November 18, 2013
Monday, November 18, 2013

(2012) The Good Doctor
PSYCOLOGICAL CRIME DRAMA

Co-produced and starred by Orlando Bloom as Dr. Martin Blake as "The Good Doctor" which is kind of an overstatement. It's his first time working in this particular hospital and that he has only two patients- one is a Mexican guy who can't speak any English, and the other is a young teenage girl named Diane Nixon (Riley Keough). Viewers can tell he's not one of those busy doctors when he can find time to have dinner with Diane's parents in which he subtly becomes infatuated with her as soon as he steals a photo of her from her bedroom of the family home. And then plans to see her more often by sabotaging the medication he prescribed to her. What doesn't make sense is that somewhere along the beginning, a nurse tells him that they're swamped with so much work. The next thing you know he looks at Diane's empty bedside and shows viewers that he kind of misses her, for he doesn't seem to have other patients is very contained. Also, what this movie display is very stereotypical to doctors in general since not everyone think the same way as him for it's more of a possibility than a probability. Theirs no lessons to be learned here folks. Watch "ER", "Greys Anatomy", "Dr. Kildare", and "Quincy" instead because this one bites. I mean how can viewers feel sympathy with this kind of self absorbed a-hole who's playing God.

1 star out of 4
SC007
October 27, 2013
The film was ok, but could have been so much better. They had a good idea for a film, but didn't execute it correctly. They needed a rewrite. The first 2/3rds of the film was good. I had a problem with the last 1/3rd of the film. I didn't like the Michael Pena storyline. I was disappointed by the ending. The film kind of reminded me of the movie Malice.

Performance wise Orlando Bloom does a really good job. Also some good supporting performances from Taraji P. Henson, Riley Keough, Rob Morrow, and J.K. Simmons.
October 6, 2013
Great Cast, but comes off as an Hour and a Half predictable Lifetime Movie of the Week (Save your time folks stay away from this timewaster)