The Grey Reviews

June 9, 2014
Thoughtful and suspenseful, The Grey is an intense survival story with a superb Liam Neeson
July 29, 2015
ENough suspense and snow blizzard, but nothing really happened, men were escaping wolfs in the woods, wolfs were killing them or they just died accidentally and the end was not even told. rather dull. even though it was with Liam Neeson.
January 21, 2012
A well-executed survival horror film with existential themes and strong characterization. [B+]
½ July 17, 2015
It has several credibility issues, a little bit of nonsense and goes the opposite way to the human survival instinct.
Now, take these three elements and mix them up with a wolf herd that acts in a way that could make any discovery channel enthusiast leave the theater immediately.
June 19, 2015
A misleading trailer I would recommend don't watch the trailer and you'd enjoy it more. A solid movie with a bs trailer.
½ June 13, 2015
Would have been decent if it weren't for the fact that the filmmakers clearly did not do their research on wolves. It's bullshit like this, that has led to the near extinction of the species. That said there are some interesting metaphors at work here, but they did not save the film for me.
June 3, 2015
Never in a million years did I expect a January movie to be so good. The Grey is absolutely riveting, a spectacularly filmed tale of survival in the cold. It's dark, brutal, and spiritual. The first great movie of 2012, that's for sure!
½ June 2, 2015
Visually beautiful as it presents itself as a heavy artistic film. Liam Neeson is remarkable as always.
April 14, 2012
Ampliamente sorprendente, desde su eficaz y atractiva factura, pasando por parajes y situaciones realmente interesantes, acabando con una carga mucho mas profunda de lo que cabria esperar en una survival movie, que evidentemente, no lo es.
½ May 25, 2015
The film is pretty good, the script is well written with very few shit in, straight to the point and had me focused on that bit.

I wished though the last fight scene had a proper ending.
½ July 19, 2012
Liam Neeson action fans will be disappointed, especially by this film's underwhelming conclusion, but I personally enjoyed The Grey for what it was: an engaging character piece and survival thriller akin to The Edge that thrives on tension.
May 13, 2015
Liam Neeson the eternal badass, but a predictable yet watchable movie.
May 9, 2015
What sets this movie apart is the supporting cast is fleshed out and not just a bunch of stereotypical cannon-fodder types
May 3, 2015
Not just another Liam Neeson popcorn film, "The Grey" is surprisingly poignant and comes complete with existential musings, an indictment of the toxic nature of masculinity, thrilling action sequences, and a phenomenal central performance from Neeson.
½ April 28, 2015
Upon rewatching it, my first impression was confirmed: this is a genuinely fantastic and thoroughly underrated thriller. It has a stellar sense of pacing and control of tone; the moment you feel "safe" it punches you in the face. Casting is prefect. Just don't expect your typical Liam Neeson action flick.
April 27, 2015
No doubt one of the most heart-pounding thrillers in years, The Grey's high on action and low on believability - but that doesn't mean it's not good.
½ June 4, 2013
An excellent movie about surviving the unmerciful forces of nature, led by an outstanding performance from Liam Neeson, but I'm very disappointed by the fact that it features the wrongest depictions of wolves
January 30, 2012
Execellent movie, I felt as if this film had a lot more behind the shadows.
March 25, 2015
The existentialism and flashbacks didn't impress me much, but it does set a proper tone for the movie. It fails as high art while succeeding as downbeat horror. There's a sense of dread that carries through the whole movie. The attack scenes are great. The tactics and ruthlessness of the wolves was thrilling to watch. The movie is a little broken by the flashbacks, and the movie is boring until the plane crash, but it's definitely worth it for people who like movies about survivalism.
½ April 17, 2015
The movie keeps u on the edge of your seat thinking who is and who isn't going to survive. Also what is better than a plane crash then u have to survive in the wild against mutant wolves, then in the last scene Liam Neeson charges the alpha male wolf and it ends leaving us not knowing who won which i love in movies.