• R, 1 hr. 52 min.

85% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1
77% You're the Worst: Season 1

The Hangover Part III Reviews

July 23, 2014
killings of the first one
harvey691
July 22, 2014
A good ending to a great trilogy, far to many "critics" , its just a film, watch it laugh at it enjoy it!
September 17, 2013
Some of these movies are so serious that I have no idea how to challenge myself to somehow find it watchable and write rave review afterwards because the style I bring now to movie reviews is how exciting and emotionally moving they are. Basically how beautiful to look at or awesome to listen to. No sad, serious pretentious swampy scary movies allowed. Just whatever is fun and beautiful and exciting to "experience". This one was moody, dark and sick... It had some happy moments that were somewhat funny, but it had a bit of ugliness and writer-based paranoia that was demented and strange, and certainly wasn't my kind of movie or fun and funny & beautiful or cool. None of those things apply to the two Hangover sequels, they are creepy, vile, ugly, weird, and funny at times. They are smart and moody, scary and funny. Looking back it actually was pretty darn good but it was strangely unfunny, for me, I guess I didn't have a positive attitude or unique point of view at the time I was watching, it's too bad, it could have been an amazing ride of brilliance and differentness.
aboccamazzo
July 20, 2014
7/10
different but no way as bad as said
July 17, 2014
A truly horrendous film. I checked the DVR at least half a dozen times hoping I was about to reach the credits.
July 16, 2014
Like the first "Hangover" - the wildly overpraised surprise hit from 2009 - "The Hangover: Part III" is very scattershot. Some things work, some things fall flat. "The Hangover: Part III" is a major improvement over the second installment because it dares to be different, it dares to go dark and it dares not to conform to the blueprint of the first film.
July 17, 2013
After the disappointing sequel, this pointless third outing really proves the series should have stuck with the hilarious original and called it quits.
Angelo Dean
July 14, 2014
I must agree this is by far the weakest entry of The Hangover, it is not as funny as the first two entries. But Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms, Zach Galifianakis all gave good performances.

3 Stars for them and half a star for everything else.
3.5 Stars!
July 13, 2014
The Hangover III is the conclusion to the trilogy and is easily the worst of the three movies. The movie tries to be over the top and contain a rambunctious plot, but really just was stupid and I was ready for this to be over. The first film was a bit overrated and enjoyable, but like most trilogies, it gets progressively worse, and this film was no exception.
July 12, 2014
Funny movie and every time these three friends get together something funny always happens to them.I liked the movie!
July 11, 2014
Kind of a let down for the franchise, but it was ok.
July 8, 2014
Trust Hollywood to take a good movie and wreck it by making mindless, craptacular sequels.

The first Hangover movie was good: hilariously funny at times, and more intelligent than your average Hollywood slapstick. It did seem to run out of new ideas and steam at about the 1 hour mark though.

That concluding lack of steam and originality carried through to The Hangover II. It was pretty much a copy-and-paste of the first one. Different location, but very similar plot (and, obviously, the same characters). Interesting at times, but mostly fairly predictable and mundane.

The Hangover III is even worse. Stupid, pointless, not funny at all. Zach Galifianakis' character, always the worst and most irritating aspect of the Hangover movies (or any movie he is in) is even more irritating than before.

Hopefully there is no Part IV.

Avoid.
May 27, 2013
The Wolfpack's conclusion is expectantly part-filled with crude, semi-repetitive humor, while attempting to infuse with an epic action thriller.

It turns out to be neither here, nor there.

It is rarely laugh-out-loud, and its' action is similarly exciting.

Besides the fantastically shot opening sequence, the movie is never great, however it is never truly worthy of its' current 21% approval on RT, as it gives many chuckles, is well-acted, and looks good too - other than Chow's parachute shots, blurgh.

Maybe that's because I expected the movie to be poor, which also seem to make the experience almost worth going to the cinema for.

Warner Brothers seem to be simply trying to receive as much luscious green milk as the Wolfpack could muster, and it shows.

I am sure many will dismiss this movie, and watch and thoroughly enjoy the original, wishing it was a standalone, I am one of them.
toobaahmad98
June 15, 2013
I felt like the first movie was enough, they didn't have to drag it and keep everyone's expectations up.
February 7, 2013
A nice way to cap off the trilogy.
July 3, 2014
TOO MUCH CHOW!! I like him, but the whole film was mostly about him. No big laughs, just a few little ones. I guess because this time they weren't drunk and drugged up. I did feel like they tried to make Allen grow a little. I enjoyed when he met the baby he was carrying around in the first one.
July 2, 2014
Phil (Bradley Cooper): Hey, what's your password?
Alan (Zach Galifianakis): Hey, Phil?
Phil (Bradley Cooper): Yeah?
Alan (Zach Galifianakis): No, that's it.
Phil (Bradley Cooper): What?
Alan (Zach Galifianakis): That's my password. Hey Phil.

Honestly, the idea had become stale and judging by how badly executed the second installment was, I didn't really expect anything special from this film either. Surprisingly, I liked it better than the second but still not as good as the first film. Also, I like that the flashbacks in the end, where the "wolf pack" were all walking together nicely tied all three films together and gave it a bit of closure; however, I disliked the extra scenes during the credit which made it seem that there would be future installments of the franchise since I felt there was nothing left to say. Another thing, the original guys were cute and they still had good chemistry (Bradley Cooper never did it for me but OMG! for some reason he was extra hot in this flick. I don't know why) John Goodman is always awesome and Ken Jeong was a riot but even his Chow was getting tiresome. Ed Helms was okay. Zach Galifianakis was tolerable but his shtick was old and lame by this point and I understand that Melissa McCarthy is the gal du jour of comedy for the moment but I find nothing about her funny and I think she a bit overrated. Yeah, so overall the film was a big bowl of okay so I think it's time to pack this franchise up and put it way; it was funny for its time but their moment has passed. Time to close the book on it and let them pursue other projects: hopefully funnier and with some fresh ideas (although in Hollywood now-a-days, fresh ideas is about as rare as long and happy marriages).
November 8, 2013
I was a huge fan of the original Hangover. Was it incredibly original? No, but it delivered the laughs that needed to be delivered and was a rollicking good time. When the sequel arrived I had little expectation of it and indeed it was redundant garbage with pretty much the same exact jokes recycled like 90 percent of all comedy sequels. It was a mess. Now here with the third and proposed final entry, I was ready to hate this movie without hesitation. However, I was somewhat surprised that it was modestly entertaining. Definitely not anything special, but the chemistry of this familiar trio made it watchable. This one was shot like a mock action film surrounding Chow back at his insane antics crossing other shady types that want him dead and involve the Wolf Pac because Allen has kept in contact with him while he''s been in jail. The set-up was ridiculous, the jokes were slightly less stale than that of the initial sequel, but the cast with the exception of the now just annoying Ken Jeung made this hopeful final entry somewhat enjoyable. Do I recommend this? I can't because it's still the same played out formula, but the amount of crucifixion this one has garnered is unwarranted.
June 28, 2014
Total waste of time other than looking at Bradley Cooper.
davidgray151
June 27, 2014
SHOCKINGLY BAD THE WORST MOVIE EVER IF ZACH GALIFIANAKIS WASN'T IN THIS MOVIE THERE WOULD HAVE BEEN NO COMEDY WHAT SO EVER BAD BAD MOVIE