97% Ghostbusters Aug 29

The Haunting in Connecticut 2: Ghosts of Georgia Reviews

TheDudeLebowski65
TheDudeLebowski65

January 9, 2014
Sequel to The Haunting in Connecticut is yet another unimpressive, bland sequel that doesn't add anything new to the first film. The ideas here are strained, and it's just another one of those films that was made to make more money, without any concern of creating something truly terrifying and atmospheric. This is a forgettable film, one that has a poor cast of actors that really don't have any screen presence and seem bored in their parts. The film is dull and unimpressive. The film lacks depth, and the scares are nonexistent. There is no effort put into this film, and it's a shame because like the first one, this film had the opportunity of being a very good film, instead it wastes its potential on cheap scares that don't work whatsoever. This film is awful, and it is a lacking film in terms of horror material, and it just threads old ideas that we've seen many times before. Like Its predecessor, this film just doesn't have the goods to really be a great horror film. Don't go into this film expecting anything great, it's a waste of time. The film is just garbage, the sheer lack of creativity is apparent throughout, and overall it's a prime example of how not to make a horror sequel. I really don't know why they made a follow up, it was unnecessary as the first film was forgettable. This follow up is just boring and uninteresting, if you've seen the original, then skip this one as it never is anything truly engaging or memorable for that matter. In fact, this is lazy filmmaking, and the filmmakers clearly can't make something to really capture the viewer's interest, and the filmmakers rely too much on predictability and old ideas that makes this film pretty bad.
FiLmCrAzY
FiLmCrAzY

September 16, 2013
Has all the makings of a traditional horror story but falls to even give you a thrill.
Enjoyed the first one which was creepy but this fails to impress.
YodaMasterJedi
YodaMasterJedi

February 1, 2013
three star
Cinema-Maniac
Cinema-Maniac

February 4, 2013
This is one of those rare occasion were you don't even need to read my review or see the rating to know this horror is bad. You don't even need to see any of the trailers or know its a sequel to know it's bad. Just the idea the title has two different location in its title.

So "The Haunting In Connecticut" that actually takes place in Georgia is about a new family moving into a new house in the middle of the woods. This horror is simply dull to sit through. None of the characters are interesting, has a premise that been overuse with no surprises, no focus of any kind, and takes no advantage of its interesting ideas. So not only does this movie have a huge subplot relating to slavery and an person that help slaves escape but also a mother who has the ability to see ghosts with a daughter who discover she has the same abilities too. These aspects are interesting, but are never use creatively use for the plot going to waste on what could have been interesting material to explore. Another problem it tries to hard to scare you. Within the first minute it tires to scare us with a ghost, and within the span of ten minutes it also tries to scare us with a Raccoon. Serious director, A RACCOON! Now a real shocker is this being an R rated movie there's no really nothing here that's R material. There's litter blood and no gore of any kind. I actually mistaken this for being PG-13 before seeing the rating.

Now despite the low rating it's not painful to sit through, it's just boring. The acting is okay and only one of the actors is ever annoying. That annoying character is played by Abigail Spencer who is quite possibly the most "Worst Mother In A Horror I've Seen" yet. Spencer character ignores helping out her daughter most of the time, doesn't listen to anyone, and refuses to move out of the haunted house despite her family lack of safety. As for child actor Emily Alyn Lind is not annoying. She's mostly quiet for the most part and seeing how she has a terrible, terrible mother you'll be rooting for the other family member to live to protect her. Though the father does live his scared daughter in the middle of the forest, but at least the father character is not as stupid as the mother. I particularly hate the mother character which is why it has a very force final act that tries to make her likable but fails since it's a very contrived resolution.

The Haunting in Georgia (not Connecticut) is a dull horror movie with nothing new and despite being R SPOILERS no deaths of any kind. It's a boring horror movie, but to it's credit it not entirely dreadful to sit through like other horror movies I've encountered (*cough* Deathbed *cough).
Christopher H

May 14, 2013
Having seen a slate from the production of this film, it was originally titled, "The Haunting in Georgia", but for some reason, it became a sequel to the 2009 horror film, "The Haunting In Connecticut", even though a) it has absolutely no connection to the original besides touting a based on a true story precursor like the previous film and b) THE FILM IS IN GEORGIA, NOT CONNECTICUT. What a contradictory and completely laughable title for the film right off the bat. Non-film ranting aside, "Ghosts of Georgia" feels like a straight-to-DVD release, with average to bad graphics and some of the worst acting even in horror film standards. We're presented a family that is moving to Georgia. The mom, played by Abigail Spencer, may or may not have lived in this lonely little cabin as a little girl (they never really cover that topic very well). This house used to be owned by a stationmaster for the Underground Railroad and we learn this story from a preacher and strangers stopping by throughout the film. We also learn about it from the ghost sitings that Lisa (Spencer), her sister Joyce (Katee Sackhoff), and Lisa's little girl, Heidi, all share. The fact that everyone is in on these sightings takes away the scare factor. The ghosts are mainly just there to point and walk past the camera fast and nothing more. Even when more and more of the plot is revealed, as shocking as it ends up being, means very little with the lack of pacing through the film. With that, the film drags on during the first hour with no real occurrence and the same gags repeated over and over again. The most memorable scene is when Joyce is strung from her mouth by wires, but the entire film hardly feels worth it just for that two minute scene. As trivial as it may seem, had the film simply stuck with the title "The Haunting In Georgia" and tried to be its own, serious film, it would have made the film more bearable, but since it is obviously trying to be something its not and fails greatly while doing so, I am inclined to dislike the film that much more.
dorseybrandon9
July 13, 2014
"The Haunting in Connecticut 2: Ghosts of Gergia" is a very bland, unoriginal horror movie that does have some moments. Lets start off with the title. "The Haunting in Connecticut 2: Ghosts of Gergia" is the sequel of "The Haunting in Conneticut" directed by Peter Cornwell. Now, even though this is the "sequel" this has nothing to do with the first. But is it the title that mad this film bad? No. It was a very cliche movie with very very bad acting. I really hated the mother and they tried to make her mor likeable at the end but it failed.
December 19, 2013
This turned out to be a good movie based on a true story. How much of this is true and altered is beyond me but what it did do was have an engaging story that was well played out until the end.
October 8, 2013
This should be listed as a Thriller and not a Horror movie. This wasn't scary but I liked the story line.
youngboy832002
September 28, 2013
What a chilling movie!! The events that took place made a great story line. If you like intense kind of scary movies; you will love this one. A must see.
JennabGreat
May 19, 2013
It's kind of crazy that I actually liked this movie compared to the first & the first was released in theaters & this one wasn't. I liked the story & the cast.. It's nothing great, but way more entertaining than the first, and definitely creepier.
May 10, 2013
A film that is in no way related to the far superior original film, The Haunting in Connecticut 2: Ghosts of Georgia is not set in Connecticut and does not feature characters or plots related to its predecessor. Instead, it is a rather shoddy supernatural film set in the backwoods of Georgia that features a few decently creepy moments but feels far to tired, derivative, and uninventive to achieve anything more than the most modest of horrific effects.
February 11, 2013
Everyone has seen this story on Unsolved Mysteries and why the heck was it named Haunting in Connecticut if it was in Georgia. I guess their way of trying to being a franchise but failed. viewed 2/2
February 9, 2013
All the scares are right on par. But I really think the title of the film took away from the plot itself. Haunting in Connecticut- So far, so good- Ghosts of Georgia?
But anyways, its worth a gander for any fan of horror movies. Nothing really innovated, but certainly not the worst.
February 2, 2013
Parts were ok, The story was good, loosly based on the real life incidences reported by the Wyrick family but it wasn't as good as the first one. I remember seeing the original documentary on A&E "A Haunting In Georgia" it does show the original family present day which was neat. I feel though sometimes it's what you don't see that makes things creepier. noises and shadows are effective without showing ghosts (which look just like normal people) just walking around, it became redundant quickly, The movie was better than Sinister, Insidious and the past few PG-13 movies which is surprising because it only had a limited theatrical release and these other crap movies make 30+ million at the box office. Chad Michael Murray is predictable in the film, wearing wife beaters, trying to look tough, drinking beer flexing his arm muscles awkwardly stretching on things like in House of Wax LOL Worth seeing but I wouldn't buy it or invest more than $5.00 on it from Netflix. I say torrent the movie.
August 22, 2014
"Ghosts Of Georgia" follows a young family starting out in a new home with not a lot of money but plenty of land and love in a small town in Georgia. It is a place steeped in history as the family soon learns. As part of the Underground Railroad. Soon paranormal events begin to unfold as the family settles in with most of the activity centering around the gifts of the female members of the family. The story is sold as a sequel to the original film of the same title but is a completely stand along event with no correlation. It is one of the most famous haunting cases in the paranormal investigative world and also one my favorite creepy tales. "Ghosts Of Georgia" was the directorial debut of Tom Elkins who worked on several other movies about ghosts.The film stars Abigail Spencer, Chad Michael Murray, Katee Sackhoff and Emily Alyn Lind all of whom give a pretty standard performance except for Emily who played Heidi. Her performance was far exceeding of the standard capabilities and almost showed the young actress to possess talent like such actresses' as Chloe Moretz or Dakota Fanning.

I wasn't expecting much going into this film mostly due to the ridiculous title of the picture but I actually enjoyed the film. There was the basic elements here to be far more scarier but where held back by standard effects tricks that now plague paranormal movies almost to the point of making them boring. Yet at moments I felt actual suspense and eerie tension as more dramatic scenes unfolded into real chilling events. The setting and story was creepy and the film version held a far more haunting presence than what I originally imagined from the actual story. The film veered from the true paranormal case with a more morbid, dark representation of the evil spirit haunting the land as well as the family. The action sequences were produced well creating a relief from the mediocre dramatic moments that tended to case me to drift off. I found "Ghosts Of Georgia" to be a far better ghost flick it's predecessor and think the film could have gained a better reception from audiences had they not gone with the title. This film had a great set up, acceptable acting, plus all the expected moments of creepy chilling paranormal activity. It isn't going to be a movie that really scares the hell out of anyone over the age of ten but it is a great movie about a haunting. The only downside was the very end after the amped up climax that felt way to hallmark-y, coming off completely cheesy and made for TV. I would tell people to see it and expect a better movie than "The Haunting In Connecticut" or "The Apparition" but don't expect the same amount of fright that you get with "The Amityville Horror" or even "Grave Encounters".
Dave J
July 24, 2014
Thursday, July 24, 2014

(2013) The Haunting in Connecticut 2: Ghosts of Georgia
HORROR/ MYSTERY

Despite the happy ending, I felt the mother of the young girl was too bullheaded and annoying. And the reason is that it had to be a two hour film. The overall movie experience lacked credibility in terms of characters themselves including law enforcement.

It opens with mother, Lisa Wyrick (Abigail Spencer) while lying on her bed getting hallucinations of her mother until her daughter Heidi Wyrick (Emily Alyn Lind) walked in. They then moved into an isolated house with history, bought by her sheriff husband, Andy Wyrick( Chad Michael Murray) from an auction. Oh, yeah, Lisa's also on meds for her hallucinations too, except that her daughter sees some of the same images as her mother. Her mother doesn't believe her, and both of them particularly the daughter are starting to see things her mother denies are never there. It's sort of another 'I see dead people' scenarios except that the characters are not relatable. I mean, if the parents are so worried about the daughter so much , they wouldn't have left her alone on so many occasions which the so-called ghosts only appear when the daughter's alone. If it was my daughter I'd have her sleep in the same room with us, but no.

The movie is supposed to be based on a true story, but the thing is when you watch it, it kind of concocts the storyline since it's supposed to entertain viewers for two solid hours( to be specific 101 minutes). Rotting bodies are discovered, and yet the police or sheriffs of that state limit their findings to just that one area and location without breaking any walls. I actually believed that the Wyrick household helped police locate deteriorated bodies underground, but I don't believe that it would require the Wyrick's help again to find that the wooden two-by-four weak walls to find that their was another room. That's just ridiculous. this movie needs to be more tightened and needed more common sense.

2 out of 4 stars
KevinRobbins
June 9, 2014
We don't need water. That's what beer is for.

A family moves into a house in Georgia that has a history that involves a taxidermist as well as stops on the Underground Railroad. Unfortunately, the KKK discovered the operations and put a stop to the Underground Railroad and the men responsible for its operations at that location. Now the family is seeing the ghosts of the past and will need to decide to help the ghosts or move out before something terrible happens.

"When did you see a girl?"
"Just now."

Tom Elkins delivers The Haunting in Connecticut 2: Ghosts of Georgia in his directorial debut. The storyline for this picture is a bit unique and I enjoyed it more than I anticipated. The movie focuses a little more on the psychic powers displayed in this film and the Conjuring and how those with the powers shouldn't be afraid of their abilities. The acting was mediocre and the cast includes Chad Michael Murray, Abigail Spencer, Morgana Shaw, and Emily Lind.

"You don't need eyes to see."

I watched this off Netflix just to randomly catch a recent horror picture. I expected this to be terrible based on the review and poor ratings. I actually thought this was better than I anticipated. I thought the premise and subplots were interesting. The acting was mediocre but I scored this higher than average due to the unique premise. I do recommend seeing this once if you're a fan of the genre. It may remind you a little of the original Poltergeist.

"I've seen enough to know it aint up here, it's out there."

Grade: B-
June 4, 2014
The Haunting in Connecticut 2 ghosts of Georgia: I am not usually a big fan of horror movies, but I believe that this movie has something that I can learn from. Always put your children first and listen to what they have to say.
Jane D.
June 2, 2014
a sweet little movie. A little slow at times and a tad short on the scares, but a refreshingly cheerful, happy ending
February 23, 2014
Horribly directed. The Haunting in Connecticut have some hidden potential that gets buried in lots of boring same old scares.