The Haunting in Connecticut 2: Ghosts of Georgia - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Haunting in Connecticut 2: Ghosts of Georgia Reviews

January 9, 2014
Sequel to The Haunting in Connecticut is yet another unimpressive, bland sequel that doesn't add anything new to the first film. The ideas here are strained, and it's just another one of those films that was made to make more money, without any concern of creating something truly terrifying and atmospheric. This is a forgettable film, one that has a poor cast of actors that really don't have any screen presence and seem bored in their parts. The film is dull and unimpressive. The film lacks depth, and the scares are nonexistent. There is no effort put into this film, and it's a shame because like the first one, this film had the opportunity of being a very good film, instead it wastes its potential on cheap scares that don't work whatsoever. This film is awful, and it is a lacking film in terms of horror material, and it just threads old ideas that we've seen many times before. Like Its predecessor, this film just doesn't have the goods to really be a great horror film. Don't go into this film expecting anything great, it's a waste of time. The film is just garbage, the sheer lack of creativity is apparent throughout, and overall it's a prime example of how not to make a horror sequel. I really don't know why they made a follow up, it was unnecessary as the first film was forgettable. This follow up is just boring and uninteresting, if you've seen the original, then skip this one as it never is anything truly engaging or memorable for that matter. In fact, this is lazy filmmaking, and the filmmakers clearly can't make something to really capture the viewer's interest, and the filmmakers rely too much on predictability and old ideas that makes this film pretty bad.
September 16, 2013
Has all the makings of a traditional horror story but falls to even give you a thrill.
Enjoyed the first one which was creepy but this fails to impress.
February 1, 2013
three star
February 4, 2013
This is one of those rare occasion were you don't even need to read my review or see the rating to know this horror is bad. You don't even need to see any of the trailers or know its a sequel to know it's bad. Just the idea the title has two different location in its title.

So "The Haunting In Connecticut" that actually takes place in Georgia is about a new family moving into a new house in the middle of the woods. This horror is simply dull to sit through. None of the characters are interesting, has a premise that been overuse with no surprises, no focus of any kind, and takes no advantage of its interesting ideas. So not only does this movie have a huge subplot relating to slavery and an person that help slaves escape but also a mother who has the ability to see ghosts with a daughter who discover she has the same abilities too. These aspects are interesting, but are never use creatively use for the plot going to waste on what could have been interesting material to explore. Another problem it tries to hard to scare you. Within the first minute it tires to scare us with a ghost, and within the span of ten minutes it also tries to scare us with a Raccoon. Serious director, A RACCOON! Now a real shocker is this being an R rated movie there's no really nothing here that's R material. There's litter blood and no gore of any kind. I actually mistaken this for being PG-13 before seeing the rating.

Now despite the low rating it's not painful to sit through, it's just boring. The acting is okay and only one of the actors is ever annoying. That annoying character is played by Abigail Spencer who is quite possibly the most "Worst Mother In A Horror I've Seen" yet. Spencer character ignores helping out her daughter most of the time, doesn't listen to anyone, and refuses to move out of the haunted house despite her family lack of safety. As for child actor Emily Alyn Lind is not annoying. She's mostly quiet for the most part and seeing how she has a terrible, terrible mother you'll be rooting for the other family member to live to protect her. Though the father does live his scared daughter in the middle of the forest, but at least the father character is not as stupid as the mother. I particularly hate the mother character which is why it has a very force final act that tries to make her likable but fails since it's a very contrived resolution.

The Haunting in Georgia (not Connecticut) is a dull horror movie with nothing new and despite being R SPOILERS no deaths of any kind. It's a boring horror movie, but to it's credit it not entirely dreadful to sit through like other horror movies I've encountered (*cough* Deathbed *cough).
½ May 14, 2013
Having seen a slate from the production of this film, it was originally titled, "The Haunting in Georgia", but for some reason, it became a sequel to the 2009 horror film, "The Haunting In Connecticut", even though a) it has absolutely no connection to the original besides touting a based on a true story precursor like the previous film and b) THE FILM IS IN GEORGIA, NOT CONNECTICUT. What a contradictory and completely laughable title for the film right off the bat. Non-film ranting aside, "Ghosts of Georgia" feels like a straight-to-DVD release, with average to bad graphics and some of the worst acting even in horror film standards. We're presented a family that is moving to Georgia. The mom, played by Abigail Spencer, may or may not have lived in this lonely little cabin as a little girl (they never really cover that topic very well). This house used to be owned by a stationmaster for the Underground Railroad and we learn this story from a preacher and strangers stopping by throughout the film. We also learn about it from the ghost sitings that Lisa (Spencer), her sister Joyce (Katee Sackhoff), and Lisa's little girl, Heidi, all share. The fact that everyone is in on these sightings takes away the scare factor. The ghosts are mainly just there to point and walk past the camera fast and nothing more. Even when more and more of the plot is revealed, as shocking as it ends up being, means very little with the lack of pacing through the film. With that, the film drags on during the first hour with no real occurrence and the same gags repeated over and over again. The most memorable scene is when Joyce is strung from her mouth by wires, but the entire film hardly feels worth it just for that two minute scene. As trivial as it may seem, had the film simply stuck with the title "The Haunting In Georgia" and tried to be its own, serious film, it would have made the film more bearable, but since it is obviously trying to be something its not and fails greatly while doing so, I am inclined to dislike the film that much more.
½ October 19, 2014
Has alot of startling scenes which is good for a horror movie. Gets really intense in the last 30 minutes.
July 13, 2014
"The Haunting in Connecticut 2: Ghosts of Gergia" is a very bland, unoriginal horror movie that does have some moments. Lets start off with the title. "The Haunting in Connecticut 2: Ghosts of Gergia" is the sequel of "The Haunting in Conneticut" directed by Peter Cornwell. Now, even though this is the "sequel" this has nothing to do with the first. But is it the title that mad this film bad? No. It was a very cliche movie with very very bad acting. I really hated the mother and they tried to make her mor likeable at the end but it failed.
December 19, 2013
This turned out to be a good movie based on a true story. How much of this is true and altered is beyond me but what it did do was have an engaging story that was well played out until the end.
October 8, 2013
This should be listed as a Thriller and not a Horror movie. This wasn't scary but I liked the story line.
September 28, 2013
What a chilling movie!! The events that took place made a great story line. If you like intense kind of scary movies; you will love this one. A must see.
½ May 19, 2013
It's kind of crazy that I actually liked this movie compared to the first & the first was released in theaters & this one wasn't. I liked the story & the cast.. It's nothing great, but way more entertaining than the first, and definitely creepier.
May 10, 2013
A film that is in no way related to the far superior original film, The Haunting in Connecticut 2: Ghosts of Georgia is not set in Connecticut and does not feature characters or plots related to its predecessor. Instead, it is a rather shoddy supernatural film set in the backwoods of Georgia that features a few decently creepy moments but feels far to tired, derivative, and uninventive to achieve anything more than the most modest of horrific effects.
March 12, 2013
a mash up of other better horror flicks like 'poltergeist' and 'amityville horror' skip this lame ass sequel
½ February 11, 2013
Everyone has seen this story on Unsolved Mysteries and why the heck was it named Haunting in Connecticut if it was in Georgia. I guess their way of trying to being a franchise but failed. viewed 2/2
February 9, 2013
All the scares are right on par. But I really think the title of the film took away from the plot itself. Haunting in Connecticut- So far, so good- Ghosts of Georgia?
But anyways, its worth a gander for any fan of horror movies. Nothing really innovated, but certainly not the worst.
½ February 2, 2013
Parts were ok, The story was good, loosly based on the real life incidences reported by the Wyrick family but it wasn't as good as the first one. I remember seeing the original documentary on A&E "A Haunting In Georgia" it does show the original family present day which was neat. I feel though sometimes it's what you don't see that makes things creepier. noises and shadows are effective without showing ghosts (which look just like normal people) just walking around, it became redundant quickly, The movie was better than Sinister, Insidious and the past few PG-13 movies which is surprising because it only had a limited theatrical release and these other crap movies make 30+ million at the box office. Chad Michael Murray is predictable in the film, wearing wife beaters, trying to look tough, drinking beer flexing his arm muscles awkwardly stretching on things like in House of Wax LOL Worth seeing but I wouldn't buy it or invest more than $5.00 on it from Netflix. I say torrent the movie.
½ November 6, 2015
Apart from a few kinda creepy moments, I wasn't scared or intrigued at all. The acting was pretty weak, the story was boring and it just dragged.
½ September 20, 2015
This pretty much sums up everything that is wrong with generic horror. Trys to scare you from the opening scene and throws monsters and spooky faces at you for an hour and a half. Not scary in the least and the story seemed pinned together page by page. The only good and disturbing scene involved Katee Sackhoff (oh it is a long fall from BSH!). A completely wasted opportunity as the outline story for the movie isn't bad. A waste of time, money and effort!
August 2, 2015