• Unrated, 1 hr. 31 min.

The Haunting of Whaley House Reviews

PantaOz
PantaOz

September 21, 2012
Not sure how to describe this one... it seems like someone who likes horror movies decided to write a screenplay after getting instructions from internet... and the friends volunteered to help with acting and everything else!

Flat story with awful dialogues, twists were ridiculous, casting was terrible... what more do you want!? I really don't want to waste more time on this "thing"... There were few moments where you could get scarred but I was so bored at the time that nothing could move me. Avoid if you could!
March 14, 2013
I'm a sucker for anything related to the paranormal and usually I love these kind of movies, even when they're bad. Unfortunately this one is just too bad to enjoy. The acting is absolutely atrocious, the effects aren't much better, and there's zero originality. I was very disappointed.
January 5, 2013
Almost completely stupid, The Haunting of Whaley House is alright if you've got nothing better to do, but its idiotic writing and acting together with its lack of creepiness make it an easily forgettable haunted house film.
rodjeckrich
September 8, 2012
A totally laughable piece of garbage. It is really a wonder how stinkers like this get made and even make it to Redbox. Who do they think the target audience is that would enjoy low-grade, horribly acted, badly paced, poor effects excuse for a haunted house movie?
December 29, 2013
Simply the most wonderful film I have ever seen. It bypasses the horror stage and goes straight into spoof. It made me laugh from start to finish. Well worth a watch, especially on a Friday night after a few sherberts. Would I watch this film again, definitely, really, its one for the collection.
November 2, 2013
I got maybe 5 seconds into the movie and already didn't like it. It's sad that movies this bad are allowed to exist...
August 18, 2013
it was supposed to be scary but ended up being unintentionally funny. the "monsters" looked like SNL actors. The thing that came out of the wall looked like the thing from tales from the crypt. i guess throwing flour on everyone's face is supposed to make them look like a ghost? the acting was awful. Glad I didn't pay to see this crapshoot.
May 30, 2013
The Haunting of Whaley House (Jose Prendes, 2012)

The Haunting of Whaley House (and sing this with me if you know the words, kids-you probably should by now) is one of those movies that starts out very unsure of the kind of movie it's trying to be. Unlike most of them, though, that seem to settle into some sort of groove after a while, this one makes every possible wrong choice and comes up with a plotless excuse for (terrible) special effects that I can't quite believe someone was desperate enough for money to release.

The movie starts off looking like it's going to be a comedy. Spoiler alert: the biggest mistake made during the making of this film was abandoning the comedy angle and going for a straight horror film, because the opening scenes of this movie-while still well below average-are its best. As soon as it tries to go serious-horror, it fails, and fails miserably; there is not a single original idea to be found here, the special effects are ghastly, the acting is awful, etc. I could write a thousand words about how bad this movie is, but I can show you in a single sentence: Jose Prendes' next job was writing Hansel & Gretel, the Asylum mockbuster aimed at the Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters crowd. What more do you need to know? *
Bri A.
April 24, 2013
Don't waste your time. Asylum has come out with yet another movie that is a waste of your time and money. I will say, though, that it is better than most of the typical Asylum movies.
April 23, 2013
UGH! What a horrible waste of time watching so-called actors swear their way through a poorly written script with half-assed directing. Low budget and it shows. Don't bother. Even their poor attempts at SFX were laughable.
April 12, 2013
This movie sucks so many dicks.... Plus that buff black dude wouldn't even look at that chicks huge tits.
John W.
April 6, 2013
Nothing original here, although the ending is pretty well done. One gratuitous T&A scene and while I'm normally a big fan, this one was inserted with no context or purpose (except the script called for "pull blouse down here", so it got in). In spite of a dearth of originality, there are no tongue-in-cheek nods to the camera or we-know-it's-bad in jokes, which makes the absolute sincerity of the actors the one thing I did like. Unfortunately, it's still wasn't enough to make it worthwhile.
March 22, 2013
The only thing scary about his movie is the acting!
Nukleopatra
March 5, 2013
A group of dumbasses enter a haunted house and bad things happen.
January 1, 2013
We didn't know about this movie until the lady in it sent the movie to Bob. It was a pretty good creepy movie once you get past the obligatory set of boobs. Love the creepy chanting in the background.
December 17, 2012
This movie is not based on true events. False advertising.
December 7, 2012
The story is uncoordinated, and the acting horrible. a few jolts. Maybe for free but wouldn't recommend a pay-per-view
November 2, 2012
Terrible movie, dont waste your time.
October 30, 2012
It was okay but not what i had expected. it turned out to be like another version of the scream movies. i am a wimp with ghost movies but this one did not phase me .
October 26, 2012
For a horror movie, it's not really good. The characters are one dimensional. The acting is barely there. The deaths were telegraphed long before hand.

For an Asylum movie, it's probably one of their better ones. A lot of the effects are practical.

I'm more forgiving towards this one because it reminds me of low budget horror movies I saw as a kid.