The Heat - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Heat Reviews

½ August 21, 2014
Good chemistry between McCarthy and Bullock, but the brangling gets a bit relentless at times. Otherwise funny, using both McCarthy's and Bllock's signature comedic styles.
½ January 22, 2016
There are times when opposites do attract. Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy are just hilarious together which makes the movie fun to watch and give us a ton of laughs in the process.
March 28, 2015
I Think I Accidentally Saw Dirty Version of this movie.

My Score Opinion: 17/100
January 4, 2016
It copies the formula of just about every buddy cop movie out there. Its full of stereotypes and is more of what you've seen a hundred times, just recycled, and not particularly well either. The movies biggest flaw is its story. Its all over the place, its messy and makes itself more confusing then it needs to be, it never feels like its going anywhere because there are just too many pointless scenes and cheap gags. That said, Melissa McCarthy is an exception. Her character made this movie and was perfect to McCarthys acting style, 99% of laughs were down to her character. Bullock plays the same old person as she did in most movies, but worse. I wouldn't want to watch this again, I found it pretty boring and wouldn't recommend it to anyone. The 90's is where the buddy cop formula is where its at.
½ December 21, 2015
Had a few moments, but felt unoriginal overall.
December 5, 2015
Full of laughs and absolutely awesome! They made a great duo!!
June 3, 2015
What a funniest comedy action movie
½ June 2, 2013
Another one of those summer comedy misfires putting together two girl power comedians in Bullock and Mccarthy as the Odd Couple on the force in Boston assigned to a high profile drug case, one attempting to proof she can be a team player despite her arrogance and the other being a very protective of her turf coarse teammate. Alas despite some of the stronger comedies of late coming out from the Bridemaids team, this entry seems left over from the late 90's/early aughts as an unfinished screenplay from that era of Bullocks career before she went Roberts with the more dramatic fare and seems very aged and forced, and a lot of Mccarthies jokes kept on falling flat just playing off a coarse finish as opposed to them actually being very witty. Pretty groan inducing since both of them are capable of much stronger work, and doesnt bode well since Feig is in charge of the Ghostbusters reboot next year :(
November 20, 2015
An uptight FBI agent is paired with a rough Boston cop to take down a drug lord.

Sarah Ashburn and Shannon Mullins' worlds come together as complete opposites in their hunt for a drug lord in Boston. It feels like a typical story of the uptight, straight and by the book officer who meets another who is rebellious and unorthodox but gets the result.

For those who can take or leave Melissa McCarthy, this movie probably won't appeal but I found it had its moments and from another angle appeared to be an American, female version of Hot Fuzz - which is definitely worth watching :P
½ November 9, 2015
Not funny at all just unbearably annoying
November 2, 2015
Shrill and unfunny. I foolishly thought this was the Pacino heat, 2 minutes in I thought it was a remake, then it ended up being god awful.
December 13, 2013
Lots Of Cultural References To Boston Slang, Rough Edges & The Working Class Nature Of The Area.. Which Would Probably Be Funny If I Could Relate..I Couldn't, & By About The 73rd F-Word Variation The Thinly-Plotted Story Lost Me Too. A Comic Duo With Minimal Substance & Lacking Any Credible, Witty Style, They Just Couldn't Even Save It.
October 29, 2015
This movie just screams feminist and its garbage
annoying unrealistic and a migraine to watch.
October 1, 2015
I'm still laughing now.... :-))
½ September 26, 2015
McCarthy is pretty damn funny! Vulgarly so! And Bullock plays her "opposite" dead on! Lots of laughs all around! But the music is not well suited for the scenes, and what the hell happened to Rapaport's face? It looks like some kind of melted wax. Super creepy.
½ March 26, 2015
Flawlessly blending action and humor in this edgy installment in the buddy cop genre while adding a feminist twist, The Heat is a solidly crafted comedy that offers energy and gleefully bloody violence to spare, but what makes it so engrossing is the initially disobliging but progressively tenderhearted chemistry between stars Melissa McCarthy and Sandra Bullock.
½ March 8, 2013
great movie . also have the DVD
½ September 20, 2015
Thought I'd give this a try being a Sandra Bullock fan but I wish I didn't. The movie is total bullsh*t!!!!!! I can't even tell how pi$$ed off this movie made me. I'm going to leave it there because if I do serious rant, its going to go on forever! Terrible comedy with 1 or maybe 2 good jokes.
September 20, 2015
At times laugh-out-loud hilarious buddy movie, brilliantly scripted and performed by the unlikely duo of Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy, one a fish-out-of-water FBI agent, the other a foul-mouthed but very successful Boston cop. The negligible plot - drugs and gangsters - is simply a device to give Bullock and McCarthy scope to bicker and riff, which they do brilliantly. Terrific.
June 10, 2013
Imperfect, but funny in loud moments, Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy play off each other fantastically and pretty much give an A-grade Miss Congeniality 2 without the pageant.