• R, 1 hr. 56 min.

38% Taxi Brooklyn: Season 1
43% Young & Hungry: Season 1

The Heat Reviews

May 30, 2013
A real pleasant surprise, completely funny throughout and despite moments of been there done that, the film is powered and driven by a fantastic comedy pairing in Bullock and McCarthy.
Giovanni M.
August 4, 2014
It's decently funny. The jokes about Boston are the best part.
August 3, 2014
Bulock & McCarthy: Au sommet de leurs art!
April 29, 2014
Whether you'll enjoy this movie or not depends entirely on the amount you love Bullock and McCarthy. The film has nothing more or less to offer than the inherent likability of Bullock, and the ability of McCarthy to pull off ridiculous lines.
August 11, 2013
Can't get better than this duo. Bullock was hilarious and Melissa McCarthy was just as great if not better. Had me laughing the whole way.
June 30, 2013
Funny and enjoyable.
December 16, 2013
The tried and true buddy cop formula stays fun throughout The Heat, mostly because of the dialogue. Sadly, a lot of people hated this because Melissa McCarthy has a foul mouth, and also for some reason feel the need to point out how fat she is, yet none of those complaints seem to come up when it's a male buddy cop movie. Now, some people will think to themselves, "I hated it and have no problem with a female lead who's overweight!" Fine. This review isn't about you. However, I simply don't understand why so many people have a problem with a swearing woman, and then mock her on top of it. Sure, there are complaints when there's a male-dominated film filled with swearing, but never as vehement as they are here.

So, if you can accept that women also have the ability to swear, you'll find a lot to like here.
July 30, 2014
Amazing!! Laughed so hard
July 30, 2014
mehhh. it's just watching McCarthy and Bullock doing what they always do. Together.
July 29, 2014
Sandra Bullock's character was more or less disposable, but Melissa McCarthy was hysterical. Overall, the movie was great. I really enjoyed it over all and watch it again from time to time for a good belly laugh.
July 29, 2014
Really funny moments. Melissa McCarthy's great, but the movie's a lil' too relaxed on ad-libbing and running time. Still fun to watch.
January 18, 2014
A fun police comedy starring Oscar winning Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy forced to work together to solve a drug ring. Funny and some great laughs.
July 27, 2014
surprisingly OK
and wow Sandra Bullock still looking that good, she's 50 :D
July 27, 2014
Up tight cop, meets bad cop who doesn't care what she does. At the start I didn't see the movie amounting to anything but there was a quick turn around. The plot was overkill or played out the plot had it's own spice to it, over all I thought the movie was going to be bad but it turned out to be a good movie.
June 30, 2013
One and a half stars is generous. The movie was terrible. It might have been better if Melissa McCarthy didn't cuss every other minute in the film. I didn't laugh once. This is one buddy cop movie I wish I hadn't seen.
July 25, 2014
I watch that movie its really good & funny with sandra bullrock & Melissa McCarty
Martina D.
June 21, 2013
I got advanced screening tickets and saw it yesterday and first off I want to say that the security was crazy. We could not bring our cellphones and had to turn them in and we were scanned. I felt like I was at an airport and jokingly asked if I should take off my shoes - the security guard laughed and said "Fox is insane". Besides that the movie itself was very funny! A lot funnier than I thought it would be, and a lot more raunchy (lots of swearing, gore and just plain weirdness). There were also a few subtle jokes that I really appreciated. I think if you go in without expecting much you will have a good time!
November 20, 2013
Brings back memories of 'The Other Guys' but with a female lead pair. Entertaining, constant laughs and an odd lead pair that works well.
Angelo Dean
July 21, 2014
3 Stars.

1 Star for Bullock, 1 Star for McCarthy and 1 Star for the film itself
It was funny, although the film is predictable, it just blew me off with all the jokes and acting. Good Job.

3 Stars! Cheers.