Get Immersed in Middle Earth

If you, like me, are a huge fan of Tolkien, his books, and the original film trilogy, please disregard the reviews of critics who do not appreciate Tolkien's fantasy world to the ungodly nerdy level that you and I do. Disregard the "tomomater," the "fresh or rotten," and the score it gets. Go see the movie in 48 and 24 fps and decide for yourself. From what I gather, this movie was crafted with Tolkien fans in mind, not the general public. Enjoy it for what it is. Let it transport you. Get immersed in Middle Earth and forget what everyone else has to say. We go to movies for our own experience and enjoyment, not the critical acclaim, awards, and hype. So, forget what critics have to say. Enjoy some of the halfling's leaf and some ale, see the movie, and let it transport you.
Steve German
12-5-2012 10:01 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Market Man

Eric Shankle

I agree with most of what you said, but let's be honest, if the score ended up being 10% we'd all be worried. Luckily it seems like a good film, and being a LOTR fan, I can't wait to see it.

Dec 6 - 11:04 PM

Zane B

Chum Chum

You put me at ease my friend. It's like entering Nirvana

Dec 5 - 10:13 PM

Facebook User

Facebook User

fuck middle earth i want a movie set in the gray havens

Dec 5 - 10:04 PM

Steve German

Steve German

Tolkien is chilling in the Grey Havens now. Dial him up and bring him back to write another trilogy. We won't object.

Dec 5 - 10:11 PM

Zach Wisz

Zach Wisz

Good stuff. Thank you. If that weird "Geordie" character starts trolling on this thread, don't even hesitate to respond. He's a lost and lonely soul.

Dec 5 - 10:03 PM

David Tanny

David Tanny

THANK YOU. I need to visit Middle Earth again, regardless of the critics. Well said, Steve.

Dec 5 - 10:02 PM

Steve German

Steve German

Thanks, David. People seem to be so preoccupied with RT reviews that their cathartic experience from cinema is lost, or at least sorely cheapened.

Dec 5 - 10:13 PM

David Tanny

David Tanny

Exactly. Finally someone who speaks common sense! All these threads worrying about critics are getting ridiculous.

Dec 5 - 10:15 PM

Zach Wisz

Zach Wisz

i feel incredibly stupid now about my thread from earlier. it's all crap to me at this point. sorry.

Dec 5 - 10:17 PM

Steve German

Steve German

No need to feel stupid at all. I definitely wish the LOTR and Hobbit films would score 100%, win every Oscar (Like Return of the King practically did, and be cemented in the scrolls of history as the greatest films ever made. That being said, we can't let cave trolls and well-intentioned but skeptical critics diminish the otherworldly experience this film is bound to create for us.

Dec 5 - 10:22 PM

David Tanny

David Tanny

Steve, no joke. You are the best poster on this board.

Dec 5 - 10:23 PM

Zach Wisz

Zach Wisz

Steve, you saved the day.
^ This guy wins at the internet.

Dec 5 - 10:24 PM

Steve German

Steve German

Thanks! I'm new to RT (spend too much time in the mountains to know what's going on), but I'm glad I can offer some thoughts that at least counter the posts of those who, in the words of Gandalf, have "abandoned reason for madness."

Dec 5 - 10:28 PM

David Tanny

David Tanny

You smoke pot, Steve?

Zach Wisz

Zach Wisz

True dat.

Steve German

Steve German

Yes, I enjoy the "halfling's leaf" now and again.

Dec 5 - 10:30 PM

David Tanny

David Tanny

You're a true bro, Steve.

Dec 5 - 10:30 PM

Zane B

Chum Chum

I bet Steve can blow a ship made of smoke from his pipe. What a guy

Dec 5 - 10:35 PM

Steve German

Steve German

Naw, I just blow the massive ring that lets Gandalf blow a ship made of smoke through it. But I am flattered, nonetheless.

Dec 5 - 10:37 PM

Facebook User

Facebook User

smoke pot? i dont drink smoke or do drugs im straight edge.

Dec 5 - 10:29 PM

David Tanny

David Tanny

Wasn't talking to you, Geordie.

Dec 5 - 10:31 PM

Zach Wisz

Zach Wisz

geordie and steve and 2 completely different names. but still, though, what kind of name is geordie?

Dec 5 - 10:32 PM

Steve German

Steve German

What is painfully clear is that you get high on trolling. Be careful; you're dangerously close to overdosing on it.

Dec 5 - 10:31 PM

Zach Wisz

Zach Wisz

lol. only solution: don't feed the troll.

Dec 5 - 10:32 PM

Steve German

Steve German

True. He gets off on it, it seems. What a lonely man.

Dec 5 - 10:35 PM

Zach Wisz

Zach Wisz

so are all who live to be such trolls; but that is not for us decide.

Dec 5 - 10:36 PM

Steve German

Steve German

All we have to decide is what to do with the posts that are given to us.

Dec 5 - 10:38 PM

Zach Wisz

Zach Wisz

haha. i wish none of these trolls had been born in my time....

Dec 5 - 10:40 PM

Steve German

Steve German

So do all who live to see such threads.

Dec 5 - 10:41 PM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile