Don't Listen to Critics!!!

What can be learned here? Don't listen to the critics and go see the movie yourself! If you are a LOTR fan, you will enjoy it!
Matt Ofenloch
12-14-2012 09:42 AM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Jeremy Oborn

Jeremy Oborn

It is inevitably being compared to LOTR, but it is a very different movie. Tolkien wrote the Hobbit as a more light-hearted story. Jackson is being very faithful to the book and with three movies he has time to do that. If you liked the book you'll like the movie.

Dec 14 - 01:33 PM

capmarvel

Cap Marvel

So, lets join a site designed to compile critical reviews....then choose to ignore them when they don't like a movie we're geeked about?

In other words, if the critics are such fools...why are you here at all?

Dec 14 - 01:19 PM

Thom Stone

Thom Stone

stop that.

logic is not wanted here.

Dec 14 - 01:21 PM

David Sikorski

David Sikorski

Okay here's some perspective on the "pacing issue". I managed to fall asleep TWICE through Skyfall, while using every ounce of energy to stay focused and engaged and I'm a huge bond fan.. The Hobbit, an hour longer, actually held my attention completely for all 166 minutes. I thought the fact that its tone was different (lighter, fun) while still possessing those dark moments, as well as the presence of humor, and all the new creatures and detail of the places traveled made for a different kind of experience than LOTR. But a very enjoyable and entertaining kind of different. It is only tedious in the slow parts if you don't care for whats going on or what's being explained. I personally was very interested/curious. Critics that aren't fantasy folk, or never personally cared for Tolkeins books and the story's characters I can see getting bored. But regardless, there is not NEARLY enough justification there to give this film a 'rotten' rating. That's the only kind of stretch that is happening here! There's way too much to be enjoyed in this movie. Must go see again, asap!

Dec 14 - 12:52 PM

Brandon Autar

Brandon Autar

I was surprised when I went to see the movie because I thought it was a phenomenal start! Critics all over the internet are utter fools! What did they really want? Less characterization and scenery? Ppft.

Dec 14 - 12:42 PM

Omar Mir

Omar Mir

I'm wondering if they saw the same movie we all did? It was amazing and looks to be another great trilogy for us all to enjoy.

Dec 14 - 10:48 AM

David Tanny

David Tanny

"I'm wondering if they saw the same movie we all did"-of course they saw the same fucking movie. This statement is used way too often and sounds really dumb. No, the critics all went and saw Playing For Keeps and thought it was The Hobbit.

Dec 14 - 12:16 PM

Thom Stone

Thom Stone

hahaha! yeah, that statement is overused.

Dec 14 - 01:22 PM

christo t.

christo t

"It's all fight scenes, and the fight scenes have no arc. You just sit there waiting for some inevitable deus ex machina to save the day whenever Peter Jackson feels like it. The characters have no agency. It's like watching a kid play with his GI Joes."

Because as we all know, peter jackson wrote the story. Bloody critics are idiots sometimes.

Dec 14 - 10:30 AM

Sebastian Diaz

Sebastian Diaz

kinda mad that this has less than mib3 wtf

Dec 14 - 10:13 AM

Samantha Jones

Samantha Jones

I agree Matt! I went, and I loved it. The 3D frame rate gave me a bit of a headache, but the movie was still great! Anyone who reads this: SEE THE FILM AND FORMULATE YOUR OWN OPINION!

Dec 14 - 09:44 AM

James Trammell

James Trammell

True Matt...I couldn't agree more. I loved it. Haters will hate

Dec 14 - 09:43 AM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile