Don't bother with Rotten Tomatoes

The rating by 26,000 people on IMDb is 8.8 (equal to the Fellowship, better than the Two Towers) this is by the public and gives a true representation of how good The Hobbit really is. In other words, fuck the critics, listen to the people!
Rob 'Norb' Pol
12-14-2012 10:50 AM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Hunter Hampton

Hunter Hampton

Aren't the people who rate the films on imdb be considered critics too?

Dec 14 - 11:57 AM

Rob 'Norb' Pol

Rob 'Norb' Pol

No, just 'users'. If you have a facebook or twitter account it automatically signs you in. So far 26,068 people have rated it...

Dec 14 - 12:06 PM

Austin W.

Austin Williamson

So get off this site and don't come back. Happy?

Dec 14 - 11:06 AM

Rob 'Norb' Pol

Rob 'Norb' Pol

I was talking to other people. Effectively telling them to 'get off the site', and that is exactly what I plan to do myself!

Dec 14 - 11:14 AM

Thom Stone

Thom Stone

when are you leaving?

Dec 14 - 01:30 PM

David Tanny

David Tanny

It'll drop. It's always high the first weekend because that's when all the crazed fanboys storm the theater and rate it 10/10 just so the score will be high.

Dec 14 - 10:53 AM

Rob 'Norb' Pol

Rob 'Norb' Pol

I've studied how movie ratings drop on IMDb before, it will not drop below 8.5, and certainly not 8...

Dec 14 - 10:55 AM

David Tanny

David Tanny

You've...studied? What does that mean? You may be right, but I'm just curious.

Dec 14 - 11:02 AM

Rob 'Norb' Pol

Rob 'Norb' Pol

Haha, I didn't mean it as in I 'studied' IMDb rating fluctuations in school. I just mean I kept an eye on them during other movies :)

Dec 14 - 11:06 AM

Thom Stone

Thom Stone

besides just that, but typically the ones that go out of their way to rate this movie are generally people who have really wanted to see it and that have liked it. there's a positive bias.

Dec 14 - 01:29 PM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile