The Hobbit is like a very bad Holiday Special made for television

Kids and fanboys are idiots and do not know any better, this had always been philosophy when making fantasy films in the past. I grew up watching sci-fi and fantasy films experiencing this problem with bad fantasy and sci-fi films and I loved the Lord of the Rings trilogy and geeked out on the new Star Trek. But, you got to be kidding me is this the Hobbit that is suppose to be the definitive version on film. In this day and age hopefully some one else will remake Hobbit and do a better job. This film sucks period and I cannot believe Peter Jackson resorted to Disney Channel humor much of the time. I guessed I would have loved it if I had drained my brain watching Hannah Montana and the Wizards of Waverley Place, which at any moment I would not have been surprised if they made a cameo in this. This movie like a bad Holiday Special ( remember Star Wars Holiday Special?) that have appeared on Television that horribly butchers the source material for a quick buck. Oh yeah it is going to get worse. It takes one and half years to write a good script. Peter Jackson and his writing partners were not given much time to write the new scripts for Desolation of Smaug and There and Back Again to to fill in the more hours for the next two movies. You might say yeah right Peter Jackson won an oscar for Directing and best picture. Look up Michael Cimino for The Deer Hunter, he won best director and the film won best picture. Then Michael Cimino directed Heaven's Gate and that destroyed his career.
T. Bateman
12-23-2012 11:54 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Bill Edmunds

Bill Edmunds

Maybe you will enjoy the inevitable fan edits better. I'll be making one ;)

Dec 26 - 06:56 AM

Emerson Flohr

Emerson Flohr

I almost laughed when that big ork(goblin) king dude landed from who the hell knows where right in front of gandalf and proceeded to say,"what are you going to do now wizard?" Lol really? That line was the point in which I decided this movie was for the G audience.

Dec 24 - 07:31 PM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

well I would call anyone "Idiots" for liking the film, I do agree this movie was very disappointing

Dec 24 - 03:40 PM

Facebook User

Facebook User

MASK WEARING FAGGOT GLASSED EYED CUNT BURN IN A FIRE YOU POOR MANS JASON VOORHEES.

Dec 26 - 05:52 PM

Alex Maverick

Alex Maverick

I love how you show no favoritism in your trolling. It doesn't matter if a person liked it or not, you still act like a dick to get attention.

Dec 26 - 05:57 PM

Facebook User

Facebook User

DIE IN A FIRE YOU GAY BASTARD.

Dec 26 - 05:59 PM

Alex Maverick

Alex Maverick

@Geordie Newlands. Who could've predicted that response?

Dec 26 - 09:39 PM

Mathew Bennett

Mathew Bennett

You clearly aren't a fan of Tolkien's work and you must not be fan of The Hobbit book aswell, which is a childrens book I might add and Peter Jackson did a great job. It could of been 30mins shorter but overall it was great to be back in middle earth. it mostly stayed true to the book and he added things from The Lord of the Rings Appendices another book Tolkien wrote so that it would connect with the original trilogy.

Dec 24 - 12:37 PM

Tim de Wit

Tim de Wit

This argument won't fly, mate. I consider myself quite knowledgeable about the work of Tolkien (I daresay more than most), and I adore the LOTR-films by Jackson. However, I was disappointed by this film, even though I'm aware that The Hobbit was written as a children's story (even though I think that it can be quite dark and mature for a children's story) and has a different tone than LOTR. While the humour in the book mostly stems from clever jokes and Bilbo's comical reaction to the dangers which he faces, this movie resorts to low-brow humour. It also isn't true that this movie mostly stays true to the book: while some scenes have been adapted skillfully, there are several plot-choices with which I take issue.

That said, there is nothing wrong with you liking the film.

Dec 26 - 08:53 AM

ThoroughlyEntertainOrDie

Thoroughly Entertain Me Or Die

Are you sure this isn't the movie you're talking about? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hobbit_(1977_film)

Dec 24 - 08:30 AM

Christian Kneier

Christian Kneier

i love the hobbit movie,seen it 3 times now and im gonna add he 4th time next saturday ^^

Dec 24 - 05:25 AM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile