This movie sucked.....

I and my girlfriend waited patiently for this balloon to rise. However, it didn't. What a complete waste of time. I see they left it open for another movie to be made. Not another dollar from me!
Michael Parker
12-31-2012 11:08 AM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Mason Caputo

Mason Caputo

I feel ya, the whole thing was horridly cheesy as well!

May 18 - 01:27 PM

David Lo Pan

EntertainMeOrDie .

You wanna know what sucked? You -- on your daddy's dick!

Mar 25 - 10:11 AM

Aihyah

wat wat

Just realize its become a New Zealand jobs program, then it all becomes clear...

Mar 16 - 09:23 PM

Catherine Campbell

Catherine Campbell

I have to say for a three hour running time, nothing really happened. I think at this point it's just a cash grab. There's no other logical reason for them to stretch it into three movies. I also had the misfortune of seeing it in 3D, which didn't really add to anything. The only time I felt like it was in 3D was when Bilbo squeezed his buttons off his vest.
I think the best thing to do is to look at it as a trilogy. I'm sure the second and third movies will tie this one together. Though I do wish that they followed the book more closely. But if you don't like it now, I'm sure there'll be a remake in 30-50 years, as with every other movie.

Feb 22 - 08:02 PM

John Ogle

John Ogle

Yes, it sucked because it was not faithful to the book as Tolkien had written it. I'm surprised the Tolkien estate allowed it to be released. It is a catastrophe. If Peter Jackson had stuck to the novel as it was written and not let technology overkill ruin the feel of the story, he might have succeeded. But he did not. Lifelong Tolkien fans and those who understand the novel know that this movie is an utter failure on many levels.

Feb 16 - 09:32 PM

Sam Steel

Sam Steel

The Hobbit is one of my favorite books and I loved the movie, so there goes that theory...

Mar 17 - 02:59 PM

Starbaby

Starbaby Miniverse

The Tolkien Estate has no say in whether these films`are released; they don't own the rights unfortunately. Other than that I think you summed up my thoughts and the thoughts of many other Tolkienists perfectly.

Mar 18 - 06:50 AM

Mason Caputo

Mason Caputo

I loved the book, re-read it 4 times so far. The movie is horrible though. Your 100% correct!

May 18 - 01:28 PM

Nick M.

Nick Mullins

Wow, what are you talking about dude?

Feb 16 - 01:05 PM

Djordje Cerovic

Djordje Cerovic

They left it open? Of course they did, its a bloody trilogy lol.

Feb 14 - 09:35 AM

Jens Swers

Jens Swers

I do not think they really need your dollar, you goblin.

Feb 8 - 03:00 AM

Malkina

Jed Groff

I don't mean to be rude, but... um... well... you're kind of wrong, I'm afraid. This movie rules the freaking school.

Feb 7 - 08:38 PM

Marco Chaudry

Marco Chaudry

Well that's the point of a starter film my friend -_-

Jan 27 - 03:05 PM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

it still sucks

Feb 2 - 10:08 AM

Starbaby

Starbaby Miniverse

I don't think his compliant is that they left it open. He's saying that even if it is open, he doesn't plan to see any more installments. This isn't rocket science.

Feb 16 - 07:19 AM

Rick  T.

Rick Thomas

The movie is beautiful visually but it's a tad long and a little slow, but I like Peter Jackson and I like the Hobbit. Great movie.

Jan 23 - 04:46 PM

Christopher Kunkel

Christopher Kunkel

The Hobbit is actually three movies, close to three hours each i'm assuming. Just think of this one as the opening act. I thought it was great...watched it 3 times. How often do movies like this come out? They are rare indeed. I enjoyed it just as much as LOTR.

Jan 22 - 01:34 PM

theshorteststraw

Dave Simmons

I agree. This Hobbit is definitely miles ahead of the garbage that has dumped on us from Hollywood. I like how it has a similar feel to LOTR. Can't wait to see Smaug!

Apr 14 - 01:00 PM

Dan Crane

Dan Crane

Correct, it sucked. I loved the end where (spoiler alert) wolves jumping at a tree knocked a freaking tree over. Of course it falls over, knocks another over that knocks another over etc. Anyone ever see a tree fall over like that, I mean outside of a Bugs Bunny cartoon? I like it, because it means there is no way anyone will talk me into seeing the second installment. Signed, still bitter about paying for the first one.

Jan 21 - 10:43 AM

Adam Agus

Adam Agus

U know what is the diffrence between film critics and trolls trolls develop a sence of humor after a while critic just stay boring forever they have no tate in movies no taste in anything what so ever i am sorry but i went to see the hobbit three times with my freind and our girlfreinds and every time it just got better everyone i know think the same thing while i have not spotted any reasonable statement by critcs such as you that indicates that this was a bad movie u are jut boring shallow people who managed to made some money in this indestry and suddenly u think u are a king so tell u what u like th emovie awsoeme u dont like the movie get lost dont ruin it for people who are acutally looking forward for the next one

Jan 19 - 04:40 AM

Matt Hastings

Matt Hastings

Well we all have our opinions on the matter, whether or not I agree with your opinion is another matter. But hey, not every movie is made for everyone.

Jan 16 - 07:55 PM

Marco Chaudry

Marco Chaudry

That's the whole point, this film is meant to be a good time at the movies, and Jack Giant Slayer gets all the praise from idiots like Richard Roeper on behalf of Roger Ebert? Our world is CRUMBLING TO HELL!! XD

Mar 18 - 02:20 PM

Pine Cloud

Pine Cloud

why didn't he just follow the book? Orcs in daylight? The movie Came across like holly-wood "efficiency"

Jan 16 - 11:53 AM

Matt Hastings

Matt Hastings

You mean other than the fact that he's being extremely faithful to the book? I'm rereading the Hobbit right now and let me tell you that Peter Jackson has done a great job recreating The Hobbit thus far.

Jan 16 - 07:53 PM

Starbaby

Starbaby Miniverse

Faithful?? No. way. That's just insulting to JRR Tolkien.

Jan 17 - 11:04 PM

Marco Chaudry

Marco Chaudry

The only unfaithful part was Azog being alive, other than that, everything was spot on, think not? Then you're living on another planet or just haven't read the book.

Mar 18 - 02:21 PM

Gerry Whalen

Gerry Whalen

...or the fact that Bilbo instead of Gandalf fooled the trolls, or Galadriel and Saruman being in Rivendell, or Bilbo watching the ring fall off of Gollum and then stealing the ring, or Bilbo deciding the next day to join the dwarves instead of during the evening, or the orcs chasing the party into Rivendell. Yep, that's faithful to the book.

Mar 27 - 08:55 AM

Mason Caputo

Mason Caputo

"Faithful?? No. way. That's just insulting to JRR Tolkien." To quote that other person I gotta say they are right

May 18 - 01:30 PM

Sam Steel

Sam Steel

As far as I know, orcs can be out in the daylight, it just makes them feel sick. It isn't immediatly leathal like it is to trolls I don't think.

I might be wrong though.

Jan 19 - 04:52 PM

Tim de Wit

Tim de Wit

You are right, daylight doesn't kill them. It does make them feel VERY sick though: so sick that they shouldn't be able to fight properly. It was a very big deal when it was discovered that the Uruk-hai could withstand the sun, and Sauron had to block daylight in order to allow his orcs to besiege Minas Tirith properly. Even in The Hobbit, the goblin-army at the Battle of Five Armies was accompanied by an enormous flock of bats who shielded them from the sun.

So, in short, it doesn't make any sense that Azog's goblins were able to fight properly in the sun. However, this problem isn't limited to this film: remember that Warg-fight from The Two Towers? Same problem.

I suppose an explanation for this could be that it was mostly the wargs who did the chasing/fighting, rather than the orcs.

Jan 20 - 01:57 AM

T. Bateman

T. Bateman

Take your gal to a real movie next time, not some little movie made for overgrown children who wank their wizard staff to Gandalf in their parent's basement all day

Jan 13 - 07:24 PM

Sam Steel

Sam Steel

Calling lotr/tolkien fans overgrown children who live in their parent's basement is funny when the person who said it has a comic book charachter as their avatar.

Jan 14 - 12:45 AM

Dingbat Charlie

Dingbat Charlie

I can smell your butthurt from here

Jan 16 - 06:24 PM

Noah Lister-Stevens

Noah Lister-Stevens

Funny, I thought that was just your Ad Hominem fallacy.

Jan 16 - 10:31 PM

Richard Farell

Richard Farell

Interesting comment T. Bateman about "overgrown children who wank their wizard staff to Gandalf".

I assume by your comment that you are a young man. Well Master Bateman, if the shoe fits wear it!

Jan 17 - 04:46 AM

Malkina

Jed Groff

T. Bateman, see... a... therapist. You are a demented, infected, weird, infected human being. If you even are a human being. Go back to mars.

Feb 7 - 08:55 PM

Marco Chaudry

Marco Chaudry

Nah, he just needs to take his pale face back to the mental institution. Or just go and find some other therapist to help improve his own therapy teachings. Mistakenly comes across Hannibal Lecter and ends up granting his suggestion of choking on his own tongue XD

Mar 18 - 02:27 PM

Malkina

Jed Groff

Amen, brother.

Mar 18 - 06:18 PM

Steve M.

Steve McCartt

I feel so sorry for anyone who is not caught up in the magic that PJ has done to Tolkien, the dwarf dish song was so fun, it brought back memories of when I read this book to my children in the early 1980s. So glad that all of the PJ-Tolkien movies were made, my only regret is this trilogy will be the last. I had a blast watching this and all of my Middle Earth friends.

Jan 1 - 02:07 PM

Dingbat Charlie

Dingbat Charlie

Your middle earth friends? Do you even know what pussy looks like?

Jan 16 - 06:26 PM

Matt Hastings

Matt Hastings

Do you know the meaning of the words "shut up"?

Jan 16 - 07:54 PM

Alex M.

Alex Maverick

Christopher, if Steve doesn't know what pussy looks like, you should drop your pants and show him.

Jan 18 - 06:22 PM

James Latham

James Latham

owned!!!

Jan 27 - 06:12 AM

Marco Chaudry

Marco Chaudry

Andy Samberg: UHHHHGGGGGGHHHHHHH, EWWWWWWWWWWW, WHAAAAAAAAAAAT!? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, CHRIIIIIIIIIIIIIS!!!

Mar 18 - 02:29 PM

Malkina

Jed Groff

I don't get your joke, Walken...

Feb 7 - 08:58 PM

Jason Knopp

Jason Knopp

Well then the joke's on you too.

Feb 14 - 11:22 AM

Malkina

Jed Groff

Nice.

Mar 18 - 01:15 PM

WS S.

WS Shannon

Your thoughts are perceptive and insightful! I can't imagine why these ignoramuses below fail to see your genius.

Jan 1 - 11:37 AM

Nathan Nazgūl Lord

Nathan Nazgūl Lord

"I see they left it open for another movie to be made"
It's going to be a trilogy, foolish one.

Jan 1 - 10:51 AM

Dingbat Charlie

Dingbat Charlie

oh noes, he doesn't know as much as a guy with a LOTR character in his name!

Jan 16 - 06:26 PM

Marco Chaudry

Marco Chaudry

Don't you have some dogs to kidnap??

Mar 18 - 02:31 PM

hollis m.

hollis mills

dont lie to yourselves it was a crap movie, even critics think so. deal with it

Jan 1 - 01:43 AM

Sam Steel

Sam Steel

yeh it was crap - even a 35% minority of critics thought so...

Jan 1 - 02:54 PM

hollis m.

hollis mills

well look at the original LOTR go on
dont come back till you do

Jan 3 - 09:08 AM

Sam Steel

Sam Steel

What so because something isn't as good as the lotr trilogy it means its crap?

So for you to enjoy a film, it has to have a critic rating in the 90s, make a couple of billion dollers worldwide and win about 15 acadamy awards..

Damn you're hard to please!

Jan 14 - 12:39 AM

Nathan Nazgūl Lord

Nathan Nazgūl Lord

Fool.

Jan 16 - 04:16 AM

hollis m.

hollis mills

wasnt as good fucko

Jan 18 - 05:25 PM

Matt McGuinness

Matt McGuinness

Its common knowledge that The Hobbit was always going to be at least 2 movies, but they chose to make it a trilogy to give enough time to flesh out the book. And just like the Lord of the Rings (which by your comment I'm assuming you've neither seen nor heard of) director Peter Jackson shot the trilogy as one and is releasing one film every year on boxing day. I personally thought it was really good, and sure it took its time to set up the characters, but when you watch them all together it will be a great trilogy.

Dec 31 - 07:47 PM

Luvagoo

Tallulah Robinson

One movie per epic, detailed book is completely fine, three to tell a relatively short children's book? Ridiculous. Half the scenes were just useless and wankfests. Beautiful, but unnecessary.

Jan 1 - 05:50 PM

Starbaby

Starbaby Miniverse

That sums it up pretty concisely.

Jan 14 - 06:53 AM

Sam Steel

Sam Steel

People don't even consider that maybe the lotr were made with too few films rather than the hobbit being made with too many..

Jan 14 - 01:12 PM

David LaForce

David LaForce

You are stupid and know nothing of movies....

Dec 31 - 06:19 PM

Dingbat Charlie

Dingbat Charlie

would you like some cheese with your whine?

Jan 16 - 06:27 PM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

dumb cunt

Mar 16 - 04:37 PM

M O.

M O

"I see they left it open for another movie to be made"

Did your night begin like "Hey babe, wanna go see that hobbit movie?"

Dec 31 - 12:07 PM

Sam Steel

Sam Steel

Lol this is gold!

'I see they left it open for a sequal' - gary oldman's line in tdk comes to mind:

'you don't watch the news much, do you mr wayne'

XD

Jan 1 - 03:01 AM

WS S.

WS Shannon

lol, even more gold.

Jan 1 - 11:35 AM

Sam Steel

Sam Steel

Am I detecting a subtle mick-taking of my post there? :P

Jan 1 - 02:53 PM

Find us on: