WHY HASN'T ROGER EBERT REVIEWED THIS MOVIE?????

He has reviewed Le Miz, Lincoln, Argo, Anna Karintina (or however you say it), Snow White and the Huntsman, Battleship, etc., but WHERE IS THE HOBBIT WHERE IS THE HOBBIT WHERE IS THE HOBBIT WHERE IS THE HOBBIT WHERE IS THE HOBBIT WHERE IS THE HOBBIT WHERE IS THE HOBBIT WHERE IS THE HOBBIT WHERE IS THE HOBBIT WHERE IS THE HOBBIT WHERE IS THE HOBBIT?????????? It's, like, the movie of the year, and he hasn't reviewed it yet! Why?
Jed
02-7-2013 08:44 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Apollo Tse

Apollo Tse

Not sure if troll, or not well informed.

Apr 13 - 10:16 PM

David Lo Pan

EntertainMeOrDie .

Because he's dead.

Apr 4 - 01:31 PM

Jed

Jed Groff

Yeah, I just heard about that. It's actually been very hard for me, because he was one of my favorite movie critics, and seeing him go without having reviewed AUJ (or the other upcoming two films, or the upcoming Prometheus sequels) is pretty depressing to me. He was funny, smart, educated, and well deserving of remembrance. RIP.

Apr 4 - 01:45 PM

Tony Stark

sam varma

whoa did you say prometheus?

Apr 8 - 02:53 AM

Jed

Jed Groff

Yes. I was very curious as to what he would think about the upcoming Prometheus sequel(s).

Apr 9 - 03:42 PM

Jameson Worley

Jameson Worley

I doubt Ebert would give this a fresh review. He wasn't a huge LotR fan...I think he gave Fellowship a 75, Towers an 80, and King a 75.

Mar 28 - 08:07 AM

Jed

Jed Groff

He gave the first and second film 3 stars and ROTK 3 1/2, so I'm sure he's at least give somewhat of a positive review of The Hobbit.

Mar 28 - 01:13 PM

Starbaby

Starbaby Miniverse

That is wishful thinking. He rated the Rings films lower than other critics' average scores, and looked at them critically. I doubt he would have rated The Hobbit, which was widely recognized to have many more flaws than the previous films, positively.

He also seemed to be reviewing only the films that really interested him lately (by his own admission what he wanted to do), and The Hobbit wasn't one of them. So I don't think there was much about this film that interested him to begin with.

Apr 5 - 07:56 AM

Jed

Jed Groff

I hate to soil his good name, but... that's utter bullshit.

Apr 5 - 03:05 PM

Fergus MacIvor

Fergus MacIvor

No, it isn't. He would have been completely justified in giving this film a less than flattering review. As we well know, he wasn't known for pandering to fanbases and stood firmly behind his own opinions (more power to his memory for doing so).

If we are to judge by his previous reviews of the Rings trilogy (which he judged positively, but with reservations) and his apparent disinterest in reviewing AUJ, giving other films precedence, he wouldn't have cared very much for it. We can never be sure, though.

Apr 6 - 05:41 AM

Jed

Jed Groff

I don't care. Even if he were to give the film a negative review, he STILL NEEDS TO REVIEW IT. It is THE movie of the year (unless you believe all that hype about Le Miz).

Apr 6 - 09:35 PM

Fergus MacIvor

Fergus MacIvor

It would have been, had it been on par with LOTR.
It wasn't, though, so now the title 'movie of the year' goes to another movie. Les Miserables wasn't bad (maybe because I rather enjoyed the book), but it doesn't deserve to be the movie of the year either.

I'd say either Life of Pi or Django Unchained is worthy of the title. The Avengers was a good movie too.

Apr 7 - 04:25 AM

David Lo Pan

EntertainMeOrDie .

Because THE HOBBIT was so good that he knew it already and didn't bother to review it. This movie deserves 2000% on this site.

Mar 26 - 09:31 AM

Jed

Jed Groff

Sure, but the tomatometer rating is low for a movie like this. Ebert's review would have boosted it.

Mar 26 - 08:14 PM

David Lo Pan

EntertainMeOrDie .

I agree! I liked it better when it was at 79 percent.

Mar 26 - 08:23 PM

Jed

Jed Groff

Ditto.

Mar 27 - 11:22 AM

Starbaby

Starbaby Miniverse

It would have lowered it. Ebert was more critical of The Lord of the Rings movies than most of the other critics were. He would have been more critical of The Hobbit too, and it doesn't have a high score to begin with.

Apr 5 - 08:06 AM

David Lo Pan

EntertainMeOrDie .

How could anyone give the hobbit a negative review? BEST MOVIE OF THE DECADE HANDS DOWN. DESERVES EVERY OSCAR IN THE UNIVERSE.

Apr 6 - 03:16 PM

Jed

Jed Groff

If you say it deserves every Oscar, why did you only give it 3.5/5?

Apr 6 - 09:36 PM

Fergus MacIvor

Fergus MacIvor

This is just an educated guess, but it might have something to do with the fact that he is trolling the hell out of you.

Apr 7 - 04:27 AM

Tony Stark

sam varma

cause he cant

Mar 16 - 02:05 AM

Sean Handler

Sean Handler

I hope to read Ebert's review of this film, as I feel he is one of the few fair critics out there and the only one I actually trust as far as critic reviews go.

Feb 17 - 02:52 PM

Ocram Immorto

Ocram Immorto

Aye, that guy Roeper only loves hotshot films XD

Mar 18 - 02:36 PM

Jed

Jed Groff

RIP

Apr 4 - 01:46 PM

D P.

D P

He broke his leg in mid December and he's still recovering.

Feb 11 - 10:20 PM

Jacob S.

Jacob Stevenson

No he's back to reviewing movies but I guess he feels if he went back to review The Hobbit he would have to review every other movie he missed to be fair.

Feb 12 - 07:52 AM

D P.

D P

He went back after he had his major surgery and reviewed some stuff, but not all. He's still not reviewing more than one movie a week, so he's not back to his full schedule.

Feb 21 - 07:32 PM

Dylan  J.

Dylan Jones

Because he sucks, that's why. Not even saying that I liked this movie. Just saying that Roger Ebert is a joke.

Feb 11 - 02:14 PM

D P.

D P

I respect his opinion more than yours.

Feb 11 - 10:19 PM

Dylan  J.

Dylan Jones

I don't give two shits what you respect. I don't even know you and you don't know me, so of course you respect his opinion more than mine. Why would you waste time writing something so stupid?

Feb 13 - 02:19 PM

D P.

D P

Yeah, two seconds is such s long time...

BTW, he loved Raiders.

Feb 21 - 07:32 PM

Dylan  J.

Dylan Jones

Wow, one good review. Doesn't make him a genius. Example: Calls Die Hard 1 the worst of the series and Die Hard 2 the best.

Feb 23 - 11:27 AM

Jed

Jed Groff

No, he said the worst DH was A Good Day to Die Hard.

Mar 17 - 08:06 PM

Cole Jaeger

Cole Jaeger

You're just as easily wasting your own time because no one really cares or should care that you don't like him.

Mar 18 - 09:08 AM

Alex M.

Hipster Elitist Maverick

He said that Die Hard 1 was the worst before A Good Day To Die Hard even came out.

Mar 26 - 12:43 PM

Jed

Jed Groff

Please, let's not soil his name now that he's gone.

Apr 4 - 01:45 PM

Jeff P.

Jeff Walken

It's not Dylan's fault that he expressed his opinion before Ebert died. How was he supposed to know?

Apr 14 - 01:11 PM

Matthew Preston

Matthew Preston

He's probably too busy giving shitty Nicholas Cage movies four stars out of four.

Feb 8 - 04:43 AM

Jed

Jed Groff

Like what?

Feb 10 - 07:21 AM

Steven Potgeter

Steven Potgeter

Knowing.

Feb 17 - 03:14 PM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile