I had extremely high expectations for the Hobbit

I had extremely high expectations for the Hobbit and I am happy to say that the movie was much better than I had hoped. I may be the only one to say this, but I think the Hobbit movie is better than the Lord of the Rings movies.
The one complaint I do have with the hobbit is that Kili and Fili did not look like dwarves at all, especially Kili though. I think they should have dwarferized them a little more.
BenandEmily Moss
03-6-2013 01:29 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Jacob S.

Jacob Stevenson

I excused Fili and Kili's lack of beards because of the fact that they're younger dwarves, but that's just me.

Mar 10 - 12:53 PM

Ocram Immorto

Ocram Immorto

Truth be told.

Apr 15 - 06:00 PM

Bob Fantiasco

Bob Fantiasco

Eh.
I liked the movie quite a bit, but I think you're giving it too many pats on the ass. It just can't match the astounding quality of LOTR.
I actually didn't care about Kili and Fili's designs. They're the youngest of the dwarves, so there beards would never match the astounding quality of say, Gloin's epic gimli style beard.
Speaking of which, who else would've liked some reference to the fact that Gloin is Gimli's father?

Mar 6 - 04:34 PM

Tim de Wit

Tim de Wit

I would've liked that: it would have added a bit more character to Gloin.

Mar 7 - 11:23 AM

Tim de Wit

Tim de Wit

I expect that they will do that in one of the other parts, though. However, it should've been done in this one.

Mar 7 - 11:25 AM

BenandEmily Moss

BenandEmily Moss

It wasn't just their beards in my opinion. Their faces looked way to human like. I also did not know that Gloin was Gimli's father, so thanx.

Mar 7 - 09:09 PM

Tim de Wit

Tim de Wit

Agreed, I could live with Fili, but Kili didn't resemble a dwarf at all. Imagine if you saw him or his artwork, without being told that he was supposed to be a dwarf: would you ever have guessed it?

Mar 8 - 11:31 AM

BenandEmily Moss

BenandEmily Moss

no, not at all. He resembled Boromir more than anything.

Mar 10 - 04:19 PM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile